mms from iphone to g3?

Search This thread

toawkanavngthded

Nov 14, 2008
Fresno
Hello. I've searched and no luck. I think it's only from iphone to my g3 but I get a blank image when an mms is received. It's annoying lol. Can anyone help out with suggestions?

toawkanavngthded

Nov 14, 2008
Fresno
Did it work?

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

I don't think it did. It's weird cuz when I'm in a group message with iphone and android users, I am able to see the pic. But from an iphone user it's blank. I went on the Apple support website and unregistered a couple iPhones so I don't know if that worked or not. I'm currently waiting for an mms from a friend lol. Does rooting cuz an issue? I got my wife the same phone same day and she is able to receive mms but she isn't rooted.....

Edit. SO I got an mms from my friend. Not sure if my other friends iphone is through issue or not....

Last edited:

bolillo

I don't think it did. It's weird cuz when I'm in a group message with iphone and android users, I am able to see the pic. But from an iphone user it's blank. I went on the Apple support website and unregistered a couple iPhones so I don't know if that worked or not. I'm currently waiting for an mms from a friend lol. Does rooting cuz an issue? I got my wife the same phone same day and she is able to receive mms but she isn't rooted.....

Edit. SO I got an mms from my friend. Not sure if my other friends iphone is through issue or not....

Hum maybe the other person doesn't have the send text message as sms if imessage doesn't work, the setting is in imessage setting i think i don't remember. I just asked a friend of mine with an iPhone to send me a pic cause since i got the phone he hasn't sent one lol

Update: he sent me a mms and it worked

Last edited:

Tweakecho

Jul 30, 2007
Jacksonville

I think this is a network thing, My wife uses iphone and occasionally i will get this same behavior, but it normally clears up on on its own..

toawkanavngthded

Nov 14, 2008
Fresno
Hum maybe the other person doesn't have the send text message as sms if imessage doesn't work, the setting is in imessage setting i think i don't remember. I just asked a friend of mine with an iPhone to send me a pic cause since i got the phone he hasn't sent one lol

Update: he sent me a mms and it worked

glad it worked for u! for some reason after i deleted the iPhones on my profile at the apple support website and rebooted i was getting mms from iPhone users. i thought i had to unroot! glad we got it working!

I think this is a network thing, My wife uses iphone and occasionally i will get this same behavior, but it normally clears up on on its own..

it might have been cuz it was a friend of mine on verizon... but I'm glad now that it worked! thanks for all the suggestions

bolillo

glad it worked for u! for some reason after i deleted the iPhones on my profile at the apple support website and rebooted i was getting mms from iPhone users. i thought i had to unroot! glad we got it working!

it might have been cuz it was a friend of mine on verizon... but I'm glad now that it worked! thanks for all the suggestions

Glad it got resolved and your welcome man ^^

Reactions: toawkanavngthded

absinthex

Nov 28, 2012
I had the same problem when using my LG G2. But, I sometimes was not able to receive MMS's from Android AND iPhone users. It got very frustrating. I am always in full, or near full LTE, or on a stable WiFi connection. The only, temporary, solution was to use another messaging app. I tried a handful, got sick of that, so just used Hangouts as my default. That fixed the problem!... For a couple of weeks, then I would get the same "broken" image thumbnail where the picture or text that the MMS was supposed to be.

Now that I'm on my G3, I noticed this problem was even more serious. Still in the AT&T store, I received an MMS, and was not able to download it. They exchanged it with another G3. Got home, same problem. It's a complete hit or miss, being sent to me from and Android or iPhone, I receive about 80% of the incoming MMS's, and the rest I will ask the person to send it to my email, or use whatsapp if that's an available option.

I have called and emailed about the problem and I've only gotten the responses that you think a "technical level 2" employee would give.

Waaaaaaaahhhhh. :crying::crying:

Last edited:

Smac7

Feb 15, 2009
I had this same thing happen from an iPhone user (she was probably using verizon). My wife's iphone sent me an image a few minutes later and it worked fine. She is on ATT. So i wonder if it's a network problem.

Tweakecho

Jul 30, 2007
Jacksonville
Reactions: toawkanavngthded

Top Liked Posts