Oleophobic screen protector?

Search This thread

gnufabio

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2010
Milan
Ehi guys, which screen protector do you use?
I've got Mediadevil cristal clear. Not bad, but it's not oleophobic at all. Do you know a good oleophobic screen protector? Thank you! :eek:

mateopase

Jan 1, 2011
I'm fairly sure the Spigen GLAS series of protectors are oleophobic, as well as the Obliq Zeiss Oleophobic one. Neither of these are as good as the screen but they work well. I have the Obliq one and I love it,

gnufabio

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2010
Milan
I'm fairly sure the Spigen GLAS series of protectors are oleophobic, as well as the Obliq Zeiss Oleophobic one. Neither of these are as good as the screen but they work well. I have the Obliq one and I love it,

Thank you for your input man, it's my first day with the awesome Nexus 5!

b.spec

Dec 12, 2012
The Spigen GLAS tempered glass screen protectors do have some oleophobic properties, but it still gathers fingerprints quite easily (I have this on my N5). I've also used a Clarivue Anti-Glare screen protector that was also oleophobic, and while it worked for a while the surface started to rub off and was clearly worn out after several months of use, especially around where the keyboard is.

No oleophobic screen protector is perfect (obviously) and be cautious of those that will wear out after some use. And obviously it reduces the screen quality in some cases. Just food for thought.

neugenusis

Mar 9, 2011
I use this. It has oleophobic coat like on gorilla glass, but seems to attract some dust in my pocket unlike non-oleophobic screen protectors..

mmmmBACON

Mar 3, 2011
Winnipeg
I just finished installing a Nillkin H+ Tempered Glass Screen Protector. It also has the oleophobic coating (pretty much all tempered glass screen protectors have it, if they want to be rated 9H) and it seems to be working quite well.

The good thing about this one is it has the nice rounded edges and is ~$25 - $30 cheaper than the Spigen. Spigen is charging way too much for what you get. Their glass screen protectors are not worth $40.

Just read through these though, and decide what is best for you.

Dedicated Nillkin thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2521959
Comparison thread:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2610874

Last edited:
Reactions: FuMMoD

arvonn

Oct 17, 2009
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I just finished installing a Nillkin H+ Tempered Glass Screen Protector. It also has the oleophobic coating (pretty much all tempered glass screen protectors have it, if they want to be rated 9H) and it seems to be working quite well.

Just adding a comment that the Nillkin tempered glass oleophoic coating works quite well for me. I have had it for a couple months now, and no complaints. Basically Stock feel (on glass) and I'd say the coating is better than stock screen.

FuMMoD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
South Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2

Thank you for the link but I'm trying to see if any users have first hand experience with them. I found a couple on Amazon but want to see if they are actually worth buying. I might have to be the tester if anything.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts