[CWM][RZR][ROOT] AIO Root and recovery for the LG Esteem MS910

Search This thread

rugedraw

Jun 25, 2010
Miami, FL
PlayfulGod, did you take down the links? I get the dreaded 404 error when I click them. My sis got one of these phones and I wanted to try it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lgesteem

Feb 9, 2012
ADB?

Hey, I'm the friend as mentioned ^^^

We went to root this morning and we couldn't get past the adb. help?

boogerburns

Jan 9, 2010
Birmingham
Thanks for all your work. Rooted my GFs MetroPCS esteem just a minute ago and installed the ROM on the same page. Works AWESOME! :) Thanks!

PlayfulGod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
[ROM] GingerSteem Extreme II for the LG Esteem MS910

GingerSteem Extreme II

Ambox_speedy_deletion.png
DISCLAIMER: This is a MODDED' ROM! Use at YOUR OWN RISK!!! By using this ROM, you understand that that I am not liable for any or all consequences of using this ROM. If you don't know what you're doing, DON'T TRY IT. Use at your own risk!

Here ya go folks, GingerEsteem Extreme II built from ZVC!!! It has been debloated, deodexed, and tweaked for better performance and speed.

• Version: .02
  • Developer: PlayfulGod - GingerSteem Extreme II
  • Description: Modified Stock ROM for the LG Esteem M910
GingerSteem Extreme II w/ Plague Kernel What is this? This is a lightweight ROM built both for speed and stability. This ROM is based off of the LG's ZVC update to Gingerbread. It is fully deodexed, and debloated.

Changelog
  • v. .02 Initial Release
  • Based off of ZVC Gingerbread 2.3.4
  • Deodexed
  • Zipaligned
  • Debloated
  • ROM Toolbox (Free version) - overclocking/underclocking can be set with this app among many other features.
  • Custom Boot Animation w/it no sound
  • CRT Screen Shut Off
  • Battery Charging Animation
  • Plague Extreme II oc'd to 2Ghz max
  • CM7 File Manager

Plague Kernel:
  • Overclocked to 2Ghz max
  • Underclock settings added as well
  • Interactive governor added
  • Smartass2 governor added
  • LagFree govnor added (Experimental)
  • On the fly voltage changes (Need to find an app to support his still)
  • Tun.ko support
  • CIFS support
  • SDCard Read Ahead Speed Tweak

Screenshots
  • N/A

How do I install this?
  • 1.) Download the .zip & copy to phone or sdcard (make sure 4g or wifi is enabled if dl'd from phone).
  • 2.) Zip can be installed from either internal or external sd in CWM
  • 3.) MAKE A BACKUP
  • 4.) WIPE DATA!!! WIPE CACHE!!! WIPE DALVIK!!!
  • 5.) Go to install zip from sdcard
  • 6.) Select GSE-C-v.02_signed.zip
  • 7.) Reboot

Downloads
*md5sum: 03201d5f800076c8b483054e4ccffc19

• Also available thru ROM Manager!

Donations Official Donate link if you like my work and would like to show your appreciation and support. All donations are greatly appreciated!!

Reactions: 1980s.Best23
downloading

ill post how it goes. thanx

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

i kind of worked backwards, doing the first root all the way up to yours.

thought i was going to have to throw in the towel. :rolleyes:

now the phone is working, its rooted but the wifi tethering dosn't work. the sound also dosn't work.

** I have just downloaded GingerSteem Extreme v.2, I am going to flash it over stock. Ill post any issues or problems.

Last edited:

techdeisel

Oct 31, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Max 3
LG Velvet
sim unlock

does this rom unlock it form cricket where i can use another carries sim if not can anyone point me in the right directions google kind of left me blank as far as free software or hacks

does this rom unlock it form cricket where i can use another carries sim if not can anyone point me in the right directions google kind of left me blank as far as free software or hacks

No, it dosn't unlock your phone to a new carrier. You will have to do a Google search for "Unlock LG Esteem" and sift thru the results. I did and pulled up a few things. Sorry, I cant post links...

Good luck

gamer30168

Feb 21, 2012
atlanta
My very first root and custom ROM

I rooted my Mpcs LG Esteem yesterday and i loved the **** ton of app i was able to install. Today when I finally got my balls up and installed PG's ROM ive found that it doesnt seem to want to allow me to install jack as far as my apps...they will either download from market or ill try to install them from my backed up files but I havent gotton one running yet....what gives?:confused:
Update: I was able to fully recover back to stock ROM (still Root access)
I should have paid more attention to other user's posts about app installation issue. Ill wait for an updated fix before i try running a custom ROM again. Other than the no app install issue the interface was gorgeous and seemed pretty snappy.
I am happy that i cut my teeth on this whole Droid/custom ROM thing without bricking my device.
Now i need to find out how to root my MPCS optimus M....ill be googling it now so hopefully ill have rooted my 2nd device before anyone has time to post an answer.

Last edited:

sublimerocks13

Feb 3, 2012
working for me! It actually took 2 tries before it worked, the first time I got stuck in a bootloop if i tried to reboot to recovery. used this for my girlfriends esteem. now we need CWM on boot somehow.... thanks alot!

sublimerocks13

Feb 3, 2012
I rooted my Mpcs LG Esteem yesterday and i loved the **** ton of app i was able to install. Today when I finally got my balls up and installed PG's ROM ive found that it doesnt seem to want to allow me to install jack as far as my apps...they will either download from market or ill try to install them from my backed up files but I havent gotton one running yet....what gives?:confused:
Update: I was able to fully recover back to stock ROM (still Root access)
I should have paid more attention to other user's posts about app installation issue. Ill wait for an updated fix before i try running a custom ROM again. Other than the no app install issue the interface was gorgeous and seemed pretty snappy.
I am happy that i cut my teeth on this whole Droid/custom ROM thing without bricking my device.
Now i need to find out how to root my MPCS optimus M....ill be googling it now so hopefully ill have rooted my 2nd device before anyone has time to post an answer.

I had your exact problem with my GFs esteem, some Roms are built for ZVC verision and some for ZVB version. If you install the wrong one the market wont work and you wont be able to install any APKs. I found this fix...

After you flash your rom, let it boot normally. Then reboot back into recovery and wipe data/cache/dalvik again. Then reboot normally. Should work fine after this.

Custom Esteem ROM App Install Issue [FIXED]

I had your exact problem with my GFs esteem, some Roms are built for ZVC verision and some for ZVB version. If you install the wrong one the market wont work and you wont be able to install any APKs. I found this fix...

After you flash your rom, let it boot normally. Then reboot back into recovery and wipe data/cache/dalvik again. Then reboot normally. Should work fine after this.

Ok. Thats what I thought. I was having the same issue. Custom ROM not allowing any market apps to be installed. So, I reinstalled the stock ROM.

So, what your saying is to install ZVB stock ROM and then install custom ROM. Ounce booted and everything is working on stock ROM you should reboot. Wipe your device and then it should work fine? I will give this a try and report back.

I was about to just stick with the stock ROM and customized the user interface with GO Launcher. Only problem is that the wireless tethering does not work on stock. So, Ill have to install a custom ROM and kernal. Atleast that is what I think. I was just having problems with the esteem, this phone is quirky. Good thing I dont own it, its a customer phone. Overall phone is nice, ROM issues and stuff with the Android sux. Im sure devs will come out with better ROMs and a lot more people will support.

Thanx for the help.

sublimerocks13

Feb 3, 2012
Ok. Thats what I thought. I was having the same issue. Custom ROM not allowing any market apps to be installed. So, I reinstalled the stock ROM.

So, what your saying is to install ZVB stock ROM and then install custom ROM. Ounce booted and everything is working on stock ROM you should reboot. Wipe your device and then it should work fine? I will give this a try and report back.

I was about to just stick with the stock ROM and customized the user interface with GO Launcher. Only problem is that the wireless tethering does not work on stock. So, Ill have to install a custom ROM and kernal. Atleast that is what I think. I was just having problems with the esteem, this phone is quirky. Good thing I dont own it, its a customer phone. Overall phone is nice, ROM issues and stuff with the Android sux. Im sure devs will come out with better ROMs and a lot more people will support.

Thanx for the help.

Yes worked for me and a few others.

Sent from my rooted DROID RAZR.

gamer30168

Feb 21, 2012
atlanta
tethering is working for me on Native ZVC with root

I was about to just stick with the stock ROM and customized the user interface with GO Launcher. Only problem is that the wireless tethering does not work on stock. So said:
I have ZVC native on my device and after i rooted it the wireless tethering DOES work. Perhaps youre not using the right app? Im using Wireless Tether version 2.0.7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    icon4.gif
    I am in no way responsible for what you do to your phone. Use at your own risk!

At long last we now have a custom recovery for the LG Esteem, actually make that 2 recoveries, Clockworkmod and Raidzero.
    wink.gif
    RZR is a Release Candidates and CWM is official and can be installed via ROM Manger.

• USB Mass Storage doesnt work!!.

• CWM, boot isnt listed in mounts and storage, thus cannot be wiped manually. This is normal for some phones.
    • RZR, boot is listed but will not mount and wipe manually.

Both zips contain scripts for windows and linux, just download to your pc, unzip, and run the appropriate one for your OS. Both zips are All In One, meaning it will root and install CWM or RZR in one step.

• Download zip to your computer
    • Unzip zip
    • Connect phone to computer via USB cable
    • turn on and put into Internet connection mode
    • run the install script for your OS

Booting into recovery with the button combo is a lil tricky (gonna work on this) vol +- and power from power off, it will boot to the LG Reset screen, press power 3 times, dont freak out, it wont erase your data
    wink.gif
    , and then recovery will appear. Some ROMs are already in the works n will be ready soon, one including reboot to recovery options in the power menu.
    wink.gif

• Button Combo: VOL +- and POWER, press power 3x at LG Reset Screen.
    • App - Quick Boot
    • App - ROM Manager - no other features will work until CWM is submitted and officially built with RM support by koush.

NOTE: Root now works with either ZVB or ZVC thanks to djrbliss!!! Be sure to show him your appreciation!!!

Now for the goods
    wink.gif

LG-Esteem-Revo_AIO.zip - Official CWM build for the Esteem available thru ROM Manager!

NOTE: I will be updating RZR as I get the few issues left fixed, but after that I wont be supporting it due to what all I already have on my plate. It is a nice recovery tho with a ton of features. Not for the novice or complete n00b IMO tho.
    wink.gif

People to thank other than myself
    wink.gif

mtmichealson - dev - help and assistance with development.
    interdepth- dev -Transform - help and assistance in brain storming to find n fix for reboot issue.
    djrbliss - for the new root for ZVC. Be sure to show him your appreciation!!
    androidwink.png

DRockstar - for his wonderful scripts I based my shell script from n borrowed snippets for the batch file
    koush - for his awesome recovery.
    Raidzero - for his RZ Recovery.

Testers - they all deserve major props for testing, bricking phones, patience, and understanding I/we have a life outside of Android.
    wink.gif

Image - bricked 1 phone, had replaced.
    youngnex - bricked 1, had replaced.
    vistor831 - also donated an esteem to the cause, may it RIP! Much appreciated bro!!!
    wink.gif

Ære - donated the Esteem I am currently using to dev with, well with vistor831's screen lol, much appreciated bro!!!
    ShinySide - 1 brick, BOUGHT a new one.
    nuttmeg - bricked 1 phone, had replaced.
    redhook
    Bigboyyumyum - bricked 1, got it back 98%, had replaced.
    aplus
    ManlyParasite

If I miss anyone plz let me know so I can add you.
    wink.gif
    And again thanks guys, your testing helps more than most realize.
    CWM is officially available in ROM Manager now! ;)
    [KERNEL] Plague Overclock Kernel for LG Esteem MS910

no dedicated section yet, so i'll just add this in here ;)

Ok folks, as we know have CWM working I can now post my custom overclocked kernel.
    biggrin.gif

Its build from LG source and modified by myself with assistance from mtmichealson. It has a max oc of 1708Mhz (1.7Ghz) with scaling inbetween and even some lower settings added.

Its been running and very stable @1.7Ghz for all I know who are running it. It has 2 additional governors added, smartass2 and interactive. Smartass2 has been reported to revert back to ondemand or performance. I will correct this in a future build or make sure thats what its suppose to be doing.

I would like to thank our team of testers, they been a great help to me and mt, thanks guys!!!

The goods:

Plague Kernel

Download and copy to your sdcard and install with CWM or RZR. No wipes needed. Get SetCPU or similar app to set overclocking.

icon4.gif
    USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!! I am not responsible for anything you do to your phone!
    [ROM] GingerSteem Extreme for LG Esteem MS910

Ambox_speedy_deletion.png

DISCLAIMER: This is a MODDED' ROM! Use at YOUR OWN RISK!!! By using this ROM, you understand that that I am not liable for any or all consequences of using this ROM. If you don't know what you're doing, DON'T TRY IT. Use at your own risk!

Here ya go folks, GingerSteem Extreme!!! It has been debloated, deodexed, and tweaked for better performance and speed.

• Version: 1.1
    • Developer: mtmichaelson - GingerSteem
    • Developer: PlayfulGod - GingerSteem Extreme
    • Description: Modified Stock ROM for the LG Esteem M910
    GingerSteem Extreme w/ Plague Kernel

What is this?

This is a very lightweight ROM built both for speed and stability. This ROM is based off of the LG's ZVB update to Gingerbread. It is fully deodexed, and debloated. Swype has also been changed to the 3.26 Beta. A few items have been replaced with AOSP versions to increase speed and decrease size. Also included is the appwidgetpicker to clean that up.

Changelog

• v. 1.0 Initial Release
    • Based off of ZVB Gingerbread 2.3.4
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned
    • Heavily Debloated
    • ADW Launcher
    • Astro File Explorer
    • ROM Toolbox - overclocking/underclocking can be set with this app among many other features.
    • Droid RAZR Boot Animation & sound
    • AOSP Lockscreen
    • Accurate Battery Mod
    • CRT Screen Shut Off
    • Swype Beta 3.26
    • Fixed Recovery Not Sticking
    • Build.prop Tweaks
    • Init.d tweaks
    • Battey Charging Animation
    • V6 SuperCharger Tweak
    • Loopy Smoothness Tweak
    • Blocked All CIQ Logs From Carrier and Google (Requires Reboot After Install)
    • Other Tweaks for Speed and Battery Life

• Plague Extreme oc'd to 2Ghz max
    • ADWLauncher - CM7 version
    • GingerFusion Theme added.

Plague Kernel:

• Overclocked to 2Ghz
    • Underclock settings added as well
    • Interactive governor added
    • Smartass2 governor added
    • Tun.ko support
    • CIFS support
    • SDCard Read Ahead Speed Tweak

Screenshots

200px-Gse1.png
    200px-Gse2.png
    200px-Gse3.png
    200px-Gse4.png

How do I install this?

• 1.) Download the .zip & copy to phone or sdcard (make sure 4g is enabled if dl'd from phone).
    • 2.) Zip can be installed from either internal or external sd in CWM
    • 3.) MAKE A BACKUP
    • 4.) WIPE DATA!!! (You do not need to wipe if already on GingerSteem!)
    • 5.) Go to install zip from sdcard
    • 6.) Select GingerSteem_Extreme_signed.zip
    • 7.) Do not wipe data after flashing!!!
    • 8.) Reboot!
    • 9.) To Block Carrier Logging Requires Reboot After Initial Boot

Downloads

*md5sum: 03201d5f800076c8b483054e4ccffc19

Special Thanks!!!

• Dev's
      • mtmichaelson - help and assistance with development, and the use of his ROM as a base for mine.

• Testers - they all deserve major props for testing, bricking phones, patience, and understanding I/we have a life outside of Android.
      • EvoImage
      • youngnex
      • vistor831
      • Ære
      • ShinySide
      • nuttmeg
      • redhook
      • Bigboyyumyum
      • aplus
      • ManlyParasite
      • spooky

• Themer

• spc_hicks09 for allowing me to include his GingerFusion Theme.

Donations

Official Donate link if you like my work and would like to show your appreciation and support. All donations are greatly appreciated!!
    Hey, Samsung Infuse owner here. My friend has this phone and im helpin him root it. Thanks for your work!