[App] SwitchMe Root Profile Manager needs Flyer testers please!

Search This thread

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
Guys id really appreciate some feedback on yesterdays release!

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Hi guys. Heres an update with some critical fixes:

Added compatibility for Galaxy Note
Fixed switch screen issue on OTA updates and wipes
Reworked wipe profile behavior

wangiles

Feb 17, 2008
Hi. Sorry for the long wait. I got to utilise this app and some initial issues would be that the screen locks at potrait on a landscape format at times. Thus, I cant do anything. Will give a screenshot next time. I was forced to do a hard reboot.

Another is the user login. Possible to actually indicate which user is logged in when the tablet is locked? Find it difficult to navigate to which account I'm logged to.

There are other implementations but I will update in a later msg. Many thanks

Sent from my JY-G2 using Tapatalk 2

wangiles

Feb 17, 2008
Hi. This is what I meant.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347278805557.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347278805557.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 41

wangiles

Feb 17, 2008
I understand the name of the profile is under the clock. Look at this pic carefully. I have 3 account. So which do you think is the account that I'm using? Think about it. I got 3 icons but I wouldn't know which icon is to login to which account.

Secondly, I can't login cos it is trapped in landscape mode but I'm in portrait format. I can't login cos my circle to drag the icon is not there. Thus, having to do a soft reset.

I don't know if that failure is my system or the app. Just my findings.

willowave

Sep 3, 2010
Sioux Falls, SD
Still need testers?

Willing to test, but I need to root and backup I'm assuming? Just got my Flyer and not alot of time on my hands but I use it for work daily, so I would love to use your app too switch between a work and home profile.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Willing to test, but I need to root and backup I'm assuming? Just got my Flyer and not alot of time on my hands but I use it for work daily, so I would love to use your app too switch between a work and home profile.

Certainly you need root. Backup is recommended.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Guys there have been reports of the app being blank sometimes. Im trying to work out if this is something to do with superuser vs supersu. If youve experienced this, please let me know and be sure to tell me which of the two youre using...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone. Im one of the developers of SwitchMe, and app that allows multiple secure logins into separate installations of android on a single device. The pr is after the break.

I really need a few people to check into some issues people on the Flyer have been experiencing. There are some warnings involved:

- testers must perform a full nandroid backup before using the app, it is not our responsibility if you start getting boot loops

- if you report results or bugs, please use the "Write to us" function in the app whenever possible, and always describe the issue in the header of the logs you send

- if you post here, bes sure to include your device type and rom

- if you have apps installed on sd, be sure to mention that as well

--------------------------------------------------------------------

SwitchMe is a unique application for root users that allows you to log in and out of multiple installations of Android just as you would on a desktop computer.

The technology behind SwitchMe saves all of your applications and data, protects it and stores it as a file in memory. You can then log out of an
    account and log into a fresh installation of Android or another account with its own unique content.

You may create as many profiles as the memory is capable of holding. Some of these may require very little free memory because they contain few apps,
    others will be larger as they contain many applications and lots of cache and data.

Why is this functionality useful?

Privacy - the most obvious benefit is that you can securely share one device among multiple users, which gives you privacy and peace of mind.
    Testing - if you are a developer, you can use profiles as clean sandboxes to test your applications and their interaction with the system.
    Gaming – with multiple installations of Android on a single device, you can now play online MMOs as different characters.
    Speed - the games your kids play slow down your tablet, but with SwitchMe you can easily create profiles without games or instant messengers.
    Battery life - when the battery is low but there are important emails or documents to edit later, switch to a profile which only contains these essentials.

These of course are only suggestions - there are plenty of other uses for the functionality SwitchMe offers.

Market link:

https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.switchme

The Lite version allows the creation of two profiles, enough to test on.

Screens:

Anything at all? How is the lockscreen?

try the free version,
    - create two profile, one admin and normal user,
    - switch profile require machine reboot,

not an issue, but i try to understand how it works
    just out of curiosity do you utilize the file permission system like in linux between profile?

if this info considered to be confidential, you dont need to answer it. ;).

cheers,

flyer 510e
    leedroid hc 4.3.0

If you enable "fast switch" the pseudo-reboot will take no more than 10 seconds. Fast mode only works the second time you switch to or from a profile.

Finally got round to rooting my coffee table machine yesterday and went for HC and Switchme. So regards the flyer this is a noobs post. I don't use it so much compared to the family but having profiles for everyones a great plan and seemed well worth the 61p for the licensed version.

It's a pretty neat setup. Nothing horrible's occurred and its certainly stable for me - switching takes a little while due to the rebooting thing. Will try the fast switching and see if my house burns down!

Big thanks and will feed back.
    Sorry for the lateness of feed back dude..don't think it means your efforts were not appreciated though.

Hadn't actually noticed it had updated. Which of course is a good thing and all occurred passively. A case of sometimes users saying nowt is the biggest compliment of all!