Apollo Music Player Now Available

Search This thread

Shinydude100

Feb 24, 2011
Dallas
CM9's New Stock Music Player made by Andrew Neal is available for all on CM9. Based off of Android's Stock Music Player with many added features has finally come, with three different versions available once it hits the Android Market.

#1 CM9 Upstream Version

#2 Android Market Version (Free) with ads that shouldn't be in the way. For those not on CM9.

#3 Android Market Paid Version without ads and extra features not currently announced by Andrew Neal.

This topic is entirely about an App, and has been brought to the general section to you by me as it is great news and well worthy of this section until your FNMs see fit to relocate it to the App Section.

Edit: This is not to be confused with the unamed public beta version released by Andrew Neal in Jan-Feb, it's come a long way since then with one of the most beneficial changes being the memory hog issue being rectified, enjoy.

4227ada2-81b7-5b0b.jpg

http://goo.gl/2xeJY

Expect this on our next Beta/RC of Epic's next CM9.. it's been merged to CM9 upstream.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Last edited:
CM9's New Stock Music Player made by Andrew Neal is available for all on CM9. Based off of Android's Stock Music Player with many added features has finally come, with three different versions available once it hits the Android Market.

#1 CM9 Upstream Version

#2 Android Market Version (Free) with ads that shouldn't be in the way. For those not on CM9.

#3 Android Market Paid Version without ads and extra features not currently announced by Andrew Neal.

This topic is entirely about an App, and has been brought to the general section to you by me as it is great news and well worthy of this section until your FNMs see fit to relocate it to the App Section.

4227ada2-81b7-5b0b.jpg

Expect this on our next Beta/RC of Epic's next CM9.. it's been merged to CM9 upstream.

FIRST and cool thanks for the info I will be buying it as long as it works on CM7 then again might have to try the next version of CM9 first :)

Codeplayer

Aug 30, 2009
Tallinn
I have a m3u playlist on my SD-card. I go under playlists, choose my playlist and press the corner-menu button and choose shuffle all. It starts playing. It responds to htc hands-free next-pause-play-revious buttons. So everything seems superb, but suddenly instead the next song I hear my recorded calls. This happens with the original htc Player too. I use latest Android revolution HD on my Sensation XE and the latest Bricked kernel, which supports two-sided call recording and offers a nice Call recorder app. Even if I could hide the call recordings, its still strange and very odd, that it starts playing audio files that are not included in the chosen playlist.

Shinydude100

Feb 24, 2011
Dallas
I have a m3u playlist on my SD-card. I go under playlists, choose my playlist and press the corner-menu button and choose shuffle all. It starts playing. It responds to htc hands-free next-pause-play-revious buttons. So everything seems superb, but suddenly instead the next song I hear my recorded calls. This happens with the original htc Player too. I use latest Android revolution HD on my Sensation XE and the latest Bricked kernel, which supports two-sided call recording and offers a nice Call recorder app. Even if I could hide the call recordings, its still strange and very odd, that it starts playing audio files that are not included in the chosen playlist.

I suggest you do the trick people once thought to be a bug, simply add .nomedia to the folder that has your call recordings and they won't be taken into account.

darkierawr

Feb 2, 2011
Oh wow!

When I first tried this I thought "Pssh the old CM9 music is still way better!"

And in a lot of ways it is, but after playing with this for almost an hour I am impressed.

Swiping the bottom bar to the left to reveal pause/next/shuffle/repeat is awesome. Long-pressing the name of the track on the bottom bar brings up the play list it's in as an overlay. Which is awesome.
Swiping in the now playing screen to see the playlist is awesome.
The search functionality is highly improved. So awesome.
It's much faster and uses a lot less RAM.

It does lack some functionality, which I know is coming in future versions.
The now playing screen needs to be improved. Tapping on artist isn't as responsive or a visible as it should be.
I need a scrolling bar in the artist and albums tab.
And letters in the ones that do have it.
There is no landscape mode. Minor complaint.
The white theme is awful. Download the black one.

At this point it's debatable which one I like more. The old CM9 music had a lot more to offer at the price of instability. MIUI's is nice too. I wish they'd make that available to all like MIUI home.

Fire n mage

Oct 13, 2010
newport news, VA
My album are so fuzzy, but the app has a sexy UI imo, I'm glad to have built in DSP capabilities (w/o google music), though I still feel like it lags. I agree with Darkie, MIUI has the best music app, poweramp has amazing control over sound if he could somehow incorporate some things from those it'd be #1. I'd rather use a different set of music control I.e. dspmanager, there's not enough options. 4 stars for being sexy though, and white theme does suck.

tmotard

Feb 11, 2008
Paris
Hi,
Thanks for this music player, like it.

One idea for an evolution is the possibility to download the lyrics of the current songs...

Reactions: binlalo

essdee

Oct 29, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Also how about music folder filter?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, .nomedia files seem like the only way to do it at the moment, which is kind of unfortunate. I wish that you could could do the opposite and set up the media scanner to only look in certain folders for music, pictures, videos, etc. I would think that media scanning would be a lot quicker and less annoying that way.

binlalo

Feb 5, 2012
Wow, it looks great! Do you know when is it going to be released in the market for gingerbread??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

#1 CM9 Upstream Version

Edit: This is not to be confused with the unamed public beta version released by Andrew Neal in Jan-Feb, it's come a long way since then with one of the most beneficial changes being the memory hog issue being rectified, enjoy.

4227ada2-81b7-5b0b.jpg

How'd you get it to be black?

On Andre Neal's blog, seeing pixels, he has the CM9 Apollo standalone apk, a theme template, and also the black theme, it can be found on the market though, just search for apollo black theme

Hi,

One idea for an evolution is the possibility to download the lyrics of the current songs...
    Hi,

Also how about music folder filter?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    This player is looking great, though I would like to see the option to use tagged mp3 art and maybe caching artist art rather than loading each time. I sometimews get the wrong art loading for an artist and some of my albums just don't show art as they are local unsigned groups, so aren't on last.fm.