I9300 4.1.1 OTA - The Ultimate Thread - ROM - BUGLIST - Latest : XXDLI8 16-09-2012

Search This thread

jonaz100

Aug 28, 2012
That could be the key difference, I havn't been using Titanium, I'v been installing everything fresh (and manually) every time. also, are you sure it was LG1 modem or was that typo (LH1)? Cause that's another (although less likely difference).

EDIT: Has anyone else noticed that if you swipe emails in Gmail they just show that loading thing in the middle and never load? But if you back out and click it loads it fine?

Yes it was a typo, should have said lh1. Did you try clearing data from the application manager for the keyboard? That's another thing you could try if you haven't already

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London
Yes it was a typo, should have said lh1. Did you try clearing data from the application manager for the keyboard? That's another thing you could try if you haven't already

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

I'll give that a go next time I flash, but I already deleted Samsung keyboard apk from /system/app so can't test it atm :D

garyd9

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I think I've determined how to get Samsung to leak a new OTA. It appears any time I take the time to install the BTU GL8, and then apply the most recent BTU OTA, that there's a new BTU leak within 8 hours of me completing the task.

This even seems to work over the weekend and late in the Korean evening/night.

Who's ready for BTU DLI9?

(Yes, I am being sarcastic)
Gary

Lennyuk

Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
I think I've determined how to get Samsung to leak a new OTA. It appears any time I take the time to install the BTU GL8, and then apply the most recent BTU OTA, that there's a new BTU leak within 8 hours of me completing the task.

This even seems to work over the weekend and late in the Korean evening/night.

Who's ready for BTU DLI9?

(Yes, I am being sarcastic)
Gary

why do you assume that all the Roms are built in Korea?

kernel sources are published by Samsung USA for example, so would be strange if they played no part in the kernel design (or other aspects of the rom)

Samsung UK do most of the work for Windows Phone software from Samsung so again I would have thought they would have some involvement in Android software developing too.

Korea is the head office, doesn't mean everything is done there :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Perka

Kangburra

Sep 7, 2007

kernel sources are published by Samsung USA or example, so would be strange if they played no part in the kernel design (or other aspects of the rom)

Samsung UK do most of the work for Windows Phone software from Samsung so again I would have thought they would have some involvement in Android software developing too.

Korea is the head office, doesn't mean everything is done there :p

I thought they were too, mainly due to the KST, but I suppose that is just to keep some uniformity. :)

garyd9

Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I love getting serious responses to clearly marked sarcastic posts. ;)

However, I don't assume anything of the sort, but the machine that does the build is obviously set to use a korean timezone (based on the kernel build timestamp of them - KST is "Korean Standard Time" [UTC+9])

As well, being that you seem to want to discuss build times and locations, Korea is nearly on the "other side of the world" from me (+13 hours from me (I'm -4, they are +9)), and the leaks usually occur during what would be normal working hours for Korea. The only exception I've seen (when I was paying attention), was the one time that I waited until about 6am my time to apply an update. That time, there was a leak that had a kernel build time of around 1900 KST. (I am making a reasonable assumption about their normal working hours here based on the fact that my company outsources some QC work to S. Korea.)

Take care
Gary

Reactions: Perka

Lennyuk

Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
I love getting serious responses to clearly marked sarcastic posts. ;)

However, I don't assume anything of the sort, but the machine that does the build is obviously set to use a korean timezone (based on the kernel build timestamp of them - KST is "Korean Standard Time" [UTC+9])

As well, being that you seem to want to discuss build times and locations, Korea is nearly on the "other side of the world" from me (+13 hours from me (I'm -4, they are +9)), and the leaks usually occur during what would be normal working hours for Korea. The only exception I've seen (when I was paying attention), was the one time that I waited until about 6am my time to apply an update. That time, there was a leak that had a kernel build time of around 1900 KST. (I am making a reasonable assumption about their normal working hours here based on the fact that my company outsources some QC work to S. Korea.)

Take care
Gary

Although I chose your post to quote the content of my post wasn't aimed solely at you, more a general observation that a lot of people have assumed that it is built by Korea.

How I imagine its working is they are built in various locations on a server that is in Korea (hence the time stamp), this server is probably accessible by Samsung offices around the world (not to dissimilar to the CM build-box).

I might be completely wide of the Mark but I think a lot of the rom developing for the S3 has been done in Europe.

AMoosa

Sep 24, 2006
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Has anyone managed to get these builds to stop switching back to Samsung Keyboard on reboot yet? I'v got Swiftkey 3 and every reboot switches me back, it did it in LI7 and does it in LI8, or is this just a known bug? I'll probably just uninstall Samsung Keyboard if I can't get it to stay.
I use Smartkeyboard Pro and it sticks fine after a re-boot. As most people are seeing the issue with Switkey, I would suggest that it is related to Swiftkey, not the ROM. There is a workaround which involves Titanium backup the app, uninstall it, then restore it from the backup.

Last edited:

Lennyuk

Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
I use Smartkeyboard Pro and it sticks fine after a re-boot. As most people are seeing the issue with Switkey, I would suggest that it is related to Swiftkey, not the ROM. There is a workaround which involves Titanium backup the app, uninstall it, then restore it from the backup.

Its not swiftkey, its to do with protected apps installing from the market, someone explained it in a post this morning (god knows how many pages back that is now though....)

Thomo87

Oct 20, 2010
Brisbane
Bug with DLI8

I'm not sure if this bug has been reported yet, or if it was present in the other leaks. But while listening to music, if I try and unlock the phone the music pauses until the next screen has loaded fully. I've tested a few different music player apps and several different shortcuts and all have the same result.

The bug quoted above also seems to be present in DLI8. The files are in wma format and playing in the stock music app and the winamp app

garyd9

Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Anyone facing extremely sow charging with the leaks?
(I'm assuming that "sow" should be "slow.") No, at least not when plugged into the AC adapter that came with the phone. My USB and "3rd party charger" charging is slower, but only because I don't have a custom kernel to boost the charging current.

Oh, and I just HAVE to ask: If the leaks are charging more slowly than normal, does it make this a "slow leak?" ;)

Top Liked Posts