N9005 nandroid backup - CWM - Backup Size?

Search This thread

Viptr

Oct 2, 2013
Hello
I've just made a nandroid backup from cwm recovery to my external sd card. I have the 32gb variant and the 16gb is used but my nandroid backup made by cwm is 3.8gb.. I've searched in the cwm menu for more options to backup my phone but i didnt see any. e.g. full backup etc. It only has backup and advanced restore? I think that the size of the backup would be 16gb.. Have I done something wrong?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

Viptr

Oct 2, 2013
Flash Philz you have more options than cwm but not sure that you can do it completely

Thank you for your advice. I will try Philz as soon as I can. I've customized my omega rom so much with xposed modules etc.. and it's the most beautiful customization I've ever done to my phone and I don't want to lose anything! It's my ideal customization! I've added some s5 features - icons etc and nova launcher with icon packs - played with dpi etc and it' very beautiful! Thank you even if it doesn't work. You've got +1 Thanks from me :D

G

GuestK0079

If i understand you right, you want to make a backup of your sd card ? You can't do that with a recovery backup. And you don't need to. The rom isn't on the sd card. The 3.8 gb is just right, it made a backup of your rom, that's all you need. You can backup your card to your computer, if you want.

And btw, it's forbidden to bump up your thread in less than 24 hours. People are not just sitting here waiting to answer your questions. Patience.

Sent from my N9005

Last edited:

Viptr

Oct 2, 2013
If i understand you right, you want to make a backup of your sd card ? You can't do that with a recovery backup. And you don't need to. The rom isn't on the sd card. The 3.8 gb is just right, it made a backup of your rom, that's all you need. You can backup your card to your computer, if you want.

And btw, it's forbidden to bump up your thread in less than 24 hours. People are not just sitting here waiting to answer your questions. Patience.

Sent from my N9005

OK! Thank you for your answer and sorry for my impatience.

G

GuestK0079

I want to make a backup with everything inside! Apps - settings - my files - app settings etc...

If you are still unsure, the backup did backup everything (apps, settings, app settings...). It didn't backup your personal files (pictures, music, videos,...). That's not the purpose of recovery backups.
It makes an "image" of your current rom, your personal files it's best to backup them to your computer.

Sent from my N9005

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts