All about Micro SD cards

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In addition to not disturb the release threads, discussing the micro sd cards...

Any experience with mSD Cards, please write here: If you have problems with boot or other suggestions, please always give detailed specifications about the card (brand, size, class)

drgopoos started a thread where he explains everything about 32GB micro SDHC cards http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=15269669#post15269669

eBayers use this program to prove they have received a fake from a seller. http://sosfakeflash.wordpress.com/2...standard-in-detecting-usb-counterfeit-drives/

SD Tools - Info and Benchmark tools. With SD Tools you can check your microSD card information (Name, Date, MID, OEMID,...). You can check if your card is fake. (Check serial number and MID and OEMID).You can also benchmark sd card writing and reading speeds.

tzacapaca has a very informative post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12524948&postcount=60

(in this first post will also be a lot of editing - I'll try to link all the important posts from Forum about problems with the Micro SD cards)
    Well, I have two microSD's. :)

1- Fake microSDHC & unknown class 8GB, : > worked only cotulla's system but too slow (the newer devs version doesn't work) it needed two hours for first boot, and the second time half hour. the newer devs versions will add about ~20MB Data and will stop. but cotulla's continues to complete the process witch means android boots and works, but slow.

2- Genuine, Transcend Class 10 8GB, : > Very Perfect! too Fast speed!, powerful... needs about ~1 minute or less first boot, & second time about ~10 Seconds! amazing!

I Very Recommended to buy the Transcend Class 10 once... it's very perfect very speed! also cheap, on amazon about $15. :D

microSDHC Transcend Class 10 8GB ***** 5 Stars for boot Android :)
    yes.nwo i will list the cards that i used.
    1.all kingston 's tf card is ok. all can successfully get into the system. the entering time depends on your card's speed. class2 is the slowest,but can be used.
    2.most of Sandisk's cards cannot be used. althought you can format it by using the tools, it cannot get into the system. the mistake is that the memory module is different from the others. but Sandisk 's speed is faster than other cards,which have same class speed.
    3.samsung and toshiba all OK, can fluently use, just class2 is also fast like class6...
    4.some of the none name card can be used, like nokia's normal card,some cards that is given when you buy you mobile phone.

sorry for my poor english..
    Nice, now you can install (if you want) this app: SD Tools on HD Mini to see details of your card

and this on PC, to measure the speed Crystal bench mark (Portable Edition (zip) for Windows
    Here's Manual

So if you have 2 or 3 cards, with this you can measure and compare and know what is better for you

Note that Random Write 4KB (QD = 1) is the most important when it comes to Android port (wich boot and runs on the Micro SD card)
    Ultimately i think all 3 cards are incompatible, ill try it out on other cards. Anybody have a suggestion for a 2gb card that worked for you?

EDIT: Transcend 8gb class 2 worked for me! :D

You need to install new rom (including spl, radio...etc)... Allready confirmed by guys who instaled new rom that all forking perfect now after instaling new rom and radio!!!
    RUU_Photon_HTC_Europe_1.36.401.1_Radio_Signed_32.2803.05.06_0.63.05.36_Ship.exe