[FIRMWARE] ICS/GB Firmware combo's

Search This thread

sliding_billy

Apr 23, 2012
North Texas
Google Pixel 3
Thanks for keeping these combo sets up to date. So much nicer than doing the RUU.

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

No recovery in the 2.27 stock either.

lancasterv3

Oct 24, 2010
Thanks chillpill for these! I apologize if i should not post this here but I just want to make sure I do this correctly, thanks in advance. I am currently
ROM = ViperRez 1.0.3
Boot Loader Access = S-off
Recovery = TWRP 2.2
HBoot = JB 2.25
Radios = 1.22.10.0421r/1.22.10.0424r and the most current ICS Firmware before the official release.I am planning on wiping and going to a different ROM after this process so I can have a completely clean install.

My Plan is to update my radios and firmware with [ICS][2.27][stock][8-12] provided in the OP.This is what I plan to do.

-Rename the above file to PH98IMG.ZIP flash in HBoot
-Boot back Into ViperRez to make sure data in intact.
-Delete the PH98IMG.ZIP on my SD Card
-Boot back into Boot Loader-Factory reset
-Reboot into recover from Boot Loader
-Do some more wiping via TWRP "Not sure if I loose this recovery upon flashing radios/firmware"
-Flash new ROM
-Allow ROM to boot then go back into Boot Loader and re-flash TWRP.
-Good to Go?

I apologize for the long post I have done a lot of research on this, I just want to run it by the experts thanks again.

Last edited:

CharliesTheMan

You don't have to do quite that much. Your recovery will remain. Just download the 8-12 2.27 hboot combo, rename PH98IMG.zip, place on ext sd card and boot to hboot, update, then reboot and delete or rename the PH98

There's an unlocked hboot posted that you can flash after that instead of unlocking the stock hboot, and that will allow you full access to adb and fastboot.

Wiping and flashing the rom won't hurt but you don't have to do it unless you want to or you're changing to a different rom or different version.

After your first reboot if data isn't connected, you can just toggle airplane and give it a minute.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Last edited:

lancasterv3

Oct 24, 2010
You don't have to do quite that much. Your recovery will remain. Just download the 8-12 2.27 hboot combo, rename PH98IMG.zip, place on ext sd card and boot to hboot, update, then reboot and delete or rename the PH98

There's an unlocked hboot posted that you can flash after that instead of unlocking the stock hboot, and that will allow you full access to adb and fastboot.

Wiping and flashing the rom won't hurt but you don't have to do it unless you want to or you're changing to a different rom or different version.

After your first reboot if data isn't connected, you can just toggle airplane and give it a minute.

Thanks so much for the reply! I had a feeling I may have been over doing it. If for some reason there are data/heat issues I have seen many refer to factory reset from h-boot is there a difference between H-boot resetting and recovery resetting?

winston856

Sep 12, 2010

I have the same setup but different Rom. 2.25 jb h boot. Can I just download the 8-12 jb 2.27 h boot and flash that without doing anything else?

lancasterv3

Oct 24, 2010
just an update flashed and everything went off without a hitch thanks again I really appreciate it!

hoovnick

Mar 18, 2010
Just to make sure I'm not missing something, when i go to the hboot, the item in the list says "recovery" when it finds the PH98 file. This correct?

Wendemixda

Mar 5, 2011
I just got S-off but did not accept the jp hboot during the process because I wasn't sure. Now, my bootloader says "locked" and I can't install anything through fastboot. Is there an alternate way to flash the firmware or a custom bootloader like ENG boot or jp boot?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

scottyh73

Jun 7, 2011
So just to make sure im good and on the most recent firmware and radios now. This is what i have

So does that mean i now have the global update and can install any new rom that says i need firmware 4.03.605.2?

I thought I would lose recovery after flashing the ph file but i didnt. However my hboot now says tampered/locked instead of jbear like it used to.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-08-28-17-19-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-08-28-17-19-51.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 364

Damasterjj

Feb 20, 2012
The ENG Hboot + GB Firmware package from the first page definitely does have the stock recovery in it, and it definitely does overwrite whatever you currently have when you install it, so be aware!

[GB][2.11][JB]PH98IMG.zip deletes custom recovery and install stock recovery. I just had to reflash amon ra and everything is back to normal.

snowman122

Dec 25, 2008
houston
So just to make sure im good and on the most recent firmware and radios now. This is what i have

So does that mean i now have the global update and can install any new rom that says i need firmware 4.03.605.2?

I thought I would lose recovery after flashing the ph file but i didnt. However my hboot now says tampered/locked instead of jbear like it used to.

I'm guessing so because I flashed this then the custom hboot by vinylfreak and installed ineffabilis deus 1.2 and I was good to go!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

dyetheskin

Dec 12, 2006
bensalem, pa

which zip gave you those radios?

superchilpil

Sep 26, 2009
Texas
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nubia Red Magic 6
[GB][2.11][JB]PH98IMG.zip deletes custom recovery and install stock recovery. I just had to reflash amon ra and everything is back to normal.

You might want to PM the OP, he has retired to another device.

I still visit every so often :p

The reason for the stock recovery being included is when I first started making these everyone had data issues, the only way to fix them is to factory reset in hboot with the stock recovery
Just use either 7zip or root explorer to take out the recovery.IMG and zip it back up
Odds are if you downgrade you might encounter the data issues still so that's why I never took them out, plus everyone likes the ICS firmware so no one complained

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

nujackk

Jun 16, 2008
Kent
ok so what are the most recent baseband numbers we are looking for? and how do i get them with out flashing RUU or OTA, Just want to update my radios.

superchilpil

Sep 26, 2009
Texas
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nubia Red Magic 6
Reactions: kkozma

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S-OFF DEVICES ONLY

I WILL ONLY SAY THIS ONCE, IF YOU HAVE DATA ISSUES FROM SWITCHING FIRMWARES YOU MUST FLASH THE STOCK RECOVERY AND PERFORM A FACTORY RESET IN HBOOT

DO NOT S-ON THE ENG OR JB HBOOT OR IT WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE

ANYTHING DONE AT THIS POINT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY NOT MINE

So what is this?
    Well ill answer that, these are Hboot/Radio/Firmware Combos

What do you do with these?
    The purpose of these is avoid performing a full RUU if you would like to upgrade or downgrade firmwares/radios

So why do these include Hboot/radio/firmware files, cant we just flash the radios?
    NO, mix and matching all of these has be known to cause data issues. Its best to flash the whole set to prevent data issues

How do you flash these?
    Assuming you checked the MD5 sum, just rename these to PH98IMG.zip and place on the root of your external sdcard

New firmware patch huh?
    This is simply for those upgrading to ICS firmware on a GB rom Or and ICS rom that had the gingerbread patch flashed over it

Whats the difference between the stock Hboots and the JB/ENG Hboots?
    Simply, These Hboots have fastboot commands enabled WITHOUT unlocking the bootloader
    I suggest if you use fastboot alot to use these hboots

Thanks to CharliesTheMan i now have a spot on AndroidFileHost :D

Heres how to tell which file you need

Each file will be named accordingly

[Firmware][Hboot version][JB or Stock hboot][Date of leak if applicable]

So an example would be [GB][2.11][JB]PH98IMG.zip

i suggest you check the MD5 and if you dont know what an MD5 is then you need to research what it is before flashing any of these

Here's the Link: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=3054

Thanks to the JuopunutBear Team for getting us S-off, Jcase for the leaked Hboot
    I'll update this to the new ota either tomorrow or Monday
    Whenever my home internet gets installed

Afterwards I might not update this anymore unless people request it since I've changed phones

I might see if another method done on the one x forums works for our device, if so these may become flashable in recovery

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Bumping this old thread, ive updated the link to the new android file host. He removed the md5 calculator on the old site so i transfered over so you can see the md5's

not sure if these are still in use but if the are there you go!
    Give me a day or two, there's been a couple people posting just radio update files in the mean time.
    Give me a day or two, there's been a couple people posting just radio update files in the mean time.

Thank this guy for helping me!

All the files are on AFH
    One is the complete firmware combo with the stock 2.27 hboot and one with the patched 2.25 JB for those who need fastboot

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2