You can turn off hard keys. (sm-p600 mk1)

Search This thread

RussellEstridge25

Oct 30, 2011
North Branch
Sorry if this is old news but I seen a few people asking if you could disable these especially over at the clean Rom thread cause the developer included soft keys in the rom. Anyways again I'm sorry if this is old news but you go to accessibility/access control. It then walks you through a series of steps like if you want certain parts of the screen to not be affected by touch and so on. I thought this was pretty sweet. Not sure if it's for all models and firmware but worth a shot!

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Vexelius

Zrutisan

Mar 10, 2014
I'm on stock and I can't find Access Control in Accessibility. Is this a CleanRom only feature?

RussellEstridge25

Oct 30, 2011
North Branch
Again not sure how it got here...

Attachments

• 1394412432976.jpg
    1394412432976.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 381

Stocklone

Aug 18, 2010
I'm on stock and I can't find Access Control in Accessibility. Is this a CleanRom only feature?

It's all the way at the very bottom of Accessibility. It is listed under Recognition. Turn it on. Then hold down the home button and and volume down to enter the wizard.

It should be helpful for when I do note taking at a meeting so I don't have to worry about touching the physical buttons. But for Button Savior Pro it disables the Home, Menu and Back so it's not something I can have on all the time. Plus the notification drawer cannot be interacted with anymore while this mode is on.

Reactions: Vexelius

RussellEstridge25

Oct 30, 2011
North Branch
It's all the way at the very bottom of Accessibility. It is listed under Recognition. Turn it on. Then hold down the home button and and volume down to enter the wizard.

It should be helpful for when I do note taking at a meeting so I don't have to worry about touching the physical buttons. But for Button Savior Pro it disables the Home, Menu and Back so it's not something I can have on all the time. Plus the notification drawer cannot be interacted with anymore while this mode is on.

It can if you have nova launcher pro. With a gesture. The notification drawer that is...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Stocklone

Aug 18, 2010
I can open the drawer just fine. You just can't touch any of the notifications after you open the drawer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry if this is old news but I seen a few people asking if you could disable these especially over at the clean Rom thread cause the developer included soft keys in the rom. Anyways again I'm sorry if this is old news but you go to accessibility/access control. It then walks you through a series of steps like if you want certain parts of the screen to not be affected by touch and so on. I thought this was pretty sweet. Not sure if it's for all models and firmware but worth a shot!