Unbrick sony tablet s

Search This thread

pafmdsilva

Apr 29, 2014
hello! after trying all possible solutions out there to unbrick my sony tablet s i found out that the two only possible ways are:
1-SEND IT TO SONY AND ASK SPECIFLY FOR A SOFTWARE REPLACEMENT, this will cost about 40euros, (i sent mine and they told me that they would have to replace the lcd???) i will make a formal complaint about this idiotic budget request
2-REPLACE THE MOTHERBOARD. I bought a second one and replaced all pieces into the bricked one and thats what does it. i tried to replace only the flash memory but that didnt work. unfortunantly the 2 tablet are from different zones so i cant say if that was the problem.
there is nothing wrong with the hardware in our bricked tabs but since there are no software solutions out there yet these are the only two possible things so far.

flipmode_11

Nov 24, 2009
Please wait...
Hi @pafmdsilva
Are you sure these are the only solutions?

I was happily using the device, with its stock 4.0.3 ROM and had never flashed it or rooted or done anything!
In fact, I had never used the micro USB connection in the side panel, until I went looking for more things yesterday!

So for a stock ROM user, who has used this device on OS v3.x and OS v4.x updates from Sony directly, what is the solution? I am happy to connect it to my computer, and perform a FULL backup of internal storage.
But before I flash anything, I want to do a backup! :)

Thanks for your feedback and sharing your knowledge!
Cheers,
Flipmode!

pafmdsilva

Apr 29, 2014
Hello! For me it was. If you still have stock ROM Its possible to flash the upgraded one And i belive that does it. If you find the honey comb from your country to downgrade it might Work too.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D using XDA Free mobile app