Beasty/Clemsyn Ultimate Froyo Combo - Simply THE BEST (1.2 bootloader only)

Search This thread

tonyzoc

Mar 17, 2008
Syracuse, NY
Someone asked why there are 2 links on the first post and was answered that the second was a mirror. This is not true. The second link is to a different rom with a different name. I tried the first rom...max cpu 1600....it was working fine but then Netflix wouldn't work. So I reflashed the second rom...now max cpu is 1500. Everything seems too be working though. What is the difference between these two roms other that cpu speed?

Sent from my Novo7 Advanced using Tapatalk

tonyzoc

Mar 17, 2008
Syracuse, NY
Regarding the Netflix problem people have reported...
Right after I flashed Netflix worked fine but gsensor was xy axis inverted. I searched around and found someone saying the VeganTab 5.1 fix worked...so I applied it and it fixed the gsenor issue....but killed Netflix.

Sent from my Novo7 Advanced using Tapatalk

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
Maybe I will, but I like honeycomb and I don't know if I want to technically downgrade.

fwiw,
I ran BOS and FB for the longest time.
I do like HC..no question. However, there are a few things missing until fosser2, ch3vron and FB has the new build completed.

ROMs are pretty easy jumping back and forth, as long as you know what you're doing.

I'm amaze what this rom can do...It also appears that I'm not the only one who thinks so.

RileyB

Sep 11, 2010
Wichita, KS
Super ROM! One problem, is anyone else having issues with the Browser not working? It crashes each and every time that I try to launch it? Is anyone able to extract a working browser.apk for me to try? Have reflashed seven times, same issue every time.

qkster

Apr 5, 2011
USA
Super ROM! One problem, is anyone else having issues with the Browser not working? It crashes each and every time that I try to launch it? Is anyone able to extract a working browser.apk for me to try? Have reflashed seven times, same issue every time.

Browser works fine.
If you have reflashed 7x and it still crashes, unlikely that browser.pak will help. With a reflash, in essense, you just had a new browser.pak
this is prolly due to some sort of corrupt data. there are may ways to try to fix it.

try this:
use tibu (titanium backup), find browser, erase data and cache if possible. back up browser and reinstall - app only.
if that doesn't work; go to recovery cwm' clear cache, dalvik and fix permission. reboot - don't reboot recovery or you will boot loop.
or: download dolphin or opera as new browser

last option: you have to factory reset the rom.
if that doesn't work, you have to do a partition "clean" and reinstall the rom or nvflash to stock and start over

VTDivot

Jun 13, 2011
Netflix

I pulled Netflix from the market and have had no problems with the app itself.

The only issue I have is that audio is not perfectly synched with video. I did not have this problem with CM7.

Is this an issue with the overclocking?

AeroToxin

Mar 29, 2011
Could anyone recommend me the best way to overclock? Setcpu or cpumaster? And what frequency and voltage? I just want the best speed, while not damaging the tablet.

Sent from my gTablet running Beasty/Clemsyn combo using Tapatalk

qkster

Apr 5, 2011
USA
Could anyone recommend me the best way to overclock? Setcpu or cpumaster? And what frequency and voltage? I just want the best speed, while not damaging the tablet.

Sent from my gTablet running Beasty/Clemsyn combo using Tapatalk

I'm running CPU Master @ 1.5 max and 456 min. Seems fast and stable.

mikespe

Dec 19, 2010
Is this ROM still being supported? I reverted back to Froyo because the last few Flashback updates just didn't play nice with my gTab. It seemed very slow & got several SOD's after versions 9+

I forgot how fast the gTab could actually be running Froyo! This thing flies faster than an iPad now! Would any of the Gingerbread ROMS be better? I read that there were some issues with GB in many of the ROMS?

Thanks

drumdumb

Nov 11, 2007
weird problem....

OK so I got a transformer prime, after having and tweaking the Grab from release day! I wanted to downgrade to a froyo rom for my girlfriend to use so I tried beastly! Naned, Wiped everything, flashed beastly rebooted and would not go past the boot animation. Tried several wipes and flashes. Nvflashed and tried a few times, nothing even Nan restore crashed at data restore. Finally just did a system restore in the advanced menu and got the tablet back to flashback 10.3. But now the home button isn't working neither software or hardware! And there is no lockscreen anymore! Even tried to flash 10.3 over it! The funny thing is recovery only has an error during a restore otherwise flashes have no error! Is this a recovery issue? Anyone experience this I have been trying to read all threads to find some info but looks like this might be an isolated incident!

qkster

Apr 5, 2011
USA
OK so I got a transformer prime, after having and tweaking the Grab from release day! I wanted to downgrade to a froyo rom for my girlfriend to use so I tried beastly! Naned, Wiped everything, flashed beastly rebooted and would not go past the boot animation. Tried several wipes and flashes. Nvflashed and tried a few times, nothing even Nan restore crashed at data restore. Finally just did a system restore in the advanced menu and got the tablet back to flashback 10.3. But now the home button isn't working neither software or hardware! And there is no lockscreen anymore! Even tried to flash 10.3 over it! The funny thing is recovery only has an error during a restore otherwise flashes have no error! Is this a recovery issue? Anyone experience this I have been trying to read all threads to find some info but looks like this might be an isolated incident!

are you able to get into cmw recovery?

Nanoic

Sep 17, 2007
/dev/ppp

I like this image but I have noticed one issue that probably affects only a few people. I noticed /dev/ppp doesn't exist which means I can't run Entree AnyConnect Pro. Is this something that can be resolved by modifying a file, say under /etc, or is this due to the kernel not being compiled with PPP support? If this is a kernel issue, is there a recommended kernel I can use to replace the included kernel or is there a recommended image that works nearly as well as this one but has PPP support?

dony71

Dec 1, 2010
I like this image but I have noticed one issue that probably affects only a few people. I noticed /dev/ppp doesn't exist which means I can't run Entree AnyConnect Pro. Is this something that can be resolved by modifying a file, say under /etc, or is this due to the kernel not being compiled with PPP support? If this is a kernel issue, is there a recommended kernel I can use to replace the included kernel or is there a recommended image that works nearly as well as this one but has PPP support?

Yes, I notice this too in clemsyn kernel
I try to use pppd but got message below

pppd: This system lacks kernel support for PPP. This could be because
the PPP kernel module could not be loaded, or because PPP was not
included in the kernel configuration. If PPP was included as a
module, try `/sbin/modprobe -v ppp'. If that fails, check that
ppp.o exists in /lib/modules/`uname -r`/net.
See README.linux file in the ppp distribution for more details.

It seems Clemysn kernel does not include ppp feature
I notice pershoot kernel has ppp feature, but I like Clemsyn kernel
better in term of overclock support

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=903505

edirector

Feb 9, 2011
Beasty Rom 2.2 Gallery Issue

Anyone getting the entire file system in the gallery? Everything is coming up...temp files, cache, documents, recovery and numerical labeled files with no pictures. What is the fix?

macbroom

Anyone getting the entire file system in the gallery? Everything is coming up...temp files, cache, documents, recovery and numerical labeled files with no pictures. What is the fix?

Try reformatting to 4096/0 then back to 2048/0 that should clear out all the "illuminated" changes on your tab! How are you liking real HA and smooth HD video on the beast?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing the best ROM for Adam ported to Gtab with my optimized kernel and settings which results in an AMAZING speed for the Gtab. It is FAST..really Fast.

Here is the link.

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/BeastyClemsynFroyoUltimate.zip

Tips:

1. Please use only SetCpu to overclock and undervolt
    2. Enabling data2loop will let you lose home button
    3. Turn off Phone in Notion Adam Settings

Thanks...and if you like my work, please buy me a beer or two :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you think you have tried the best ROM for Gtab? How about trying the best rom for Adam? No Market fix required :) THIS IS ONLY FOR 1.2 Bootloader. Here is the link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=61MEVO4J

Make sure install CPUmaster to overclock to 1.5 and install PimpmyGtab. Also turn off Phone in Notion Settings.

Big thanks to josh4trunks, roebeet, Caulkulin, absorbers and all the devs that I might have missed.

BIG PLUS, NO NEED FOR MARKET FIX, datanoloop can be enabled in Notion Settings ;)

BTWIf you like my work, pls buy me a beer.
    Latest version is up. LMK how it goes
    This rom doesn't appear to scan my microsd card for music. Is this a known issue?

dony71 - The advanced wifi settings come up when you press the menu button in the wifi settings.
    @PeteSeiler2010:

Netflix need device specific drm library afaik it's impossible to do until they allow it!

Sent from my Adam using Tapatalk
    Great ROM. However:

1. Can't install flash 11 from market or from downloaded apk. Says the "Package file was not signed correctly".
    2. Also, Fast Web Installer reports that my gtablet is currently not supported...

Any advice?

I could not install Flash 11 either until I first uninstalled the version that installs with the rom. After doing this, verison 11 installed fine.

Can't answer your second issue....