[ROM] HTC Droid Incredible MIUI.us v4 ICS (4-27-12)

Search This thread

ChuckFarley

Jun 25, 2010
Hey guys, I'm new to MIUI for the incredible, I have an HTC EVO 4g running swiperrats MIUI 2.4.13 with vipermod and COD tweaks, but i rooted my roommates incredible and put this MIUI on his phone but basically what i'm asking is what tweaks are there for the incredible for performance / undervolting that work good MIUI.. will vipermod work with the incredible?

In terms of volting and cpu settings, you can't go wrong with the latest incredikernel and incredicontrol (app in market). Other than that you can use an ext4 mod and various others, but I usually will stick with the prior.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA

Reactions: evol4g

downset00

Sep 11, 2010
Waynesboro
Just wanted to say thanks for the person who mentioned Marks' version of MIUI. It's running very smooth with no problems yet. Had to pry myself away from CM9 for a bit.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

downset00

Sep 11, 2010
Waynesboro
Ok, one small problem. I can't change certain things with the themes like status bar. Anyone know why that is?

antEris

Apr 27, 2010
Known issue with miui v4.

Sent from my blab blab blah using xda premium. Now with moor sprinkles!

evol4g

Mar 20, 2012
chandler-gilbert 480!!!
I'm surprised how stable this build is, well actually marks version, but my roomie had been using this ROM for 3 straight days of heavy heavy user and hasn't had one reboot..

Either people don't have incredible anymore or incredible owners just suck and can't appreciate MIUI

sent from my evol supersonic

downset00

Sep 11, 2010
Waynesboro
Lol I guess. Loving marks ROM with the latest incredikernel with Neovolt aggressive script. Set kernel to lazy and it flies. Battery life is awesome!

Sent from my MIUI Incredible using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ChuckFarley

Jun 25, 2010
Lol I guess. Loving marks ROM with the latest incredikernel with Neovolt aggressive script. Set kernel to lazy and it flies. Battery life is awesome!

Sent from my MIUI Incredible using Tapatalk 2

What kind of battery life have you typically been seeing with this setup?

downset00

Sep 11, 2010
Waynesboro
Just switched to it last night. Unplugged at 9:30 this morning and right now I'm down to 90%(about 4 hours). Not bad, and that's after checking Facebook, my tapatalk account and searching for something on the net. I also have it set to fast charge with incredicontrol app. A good thing for battery is also making sure your apps like Facebook and twitter are set to not update. They still update when you open the app..just don't run in the background.

downset00

Sep 11, 2010
Waynesboro
I found this in another thread and was wondering if someone could try it. I switched back to CM9 stop I can't check it. Thought maybe it would help a applying certain parts of the themes.
First of all if u have download the theme from anywhere else other than the MIUI theme app.then open ur sdcard make a folder called MIUI in it make a folder called themes.
Sometimes these folders are automatically created by the rom.
Paste the theme which should have the extension .mtz in the themes folder

Now open root explorer
Open data folder
Open system folder
Make a folder called theme
Reboot your phone
Now u can apply themes :)

G

gatormark08

I found this in another thread and was wondering if someone could try it. I switched back to CM9 stop I can't check it. Thought maybe it would help a applying certain parts of the themes.
First of all if u have download the theme from anywhere else other than the MIUI theme app.then open ur sdcard make a folder called MIUI in it make a folder called themes.
Sometimes these folders are automatically created by the rom.
Paste the theme which should have the extension .mtz in the themes folder

Now open root explorer
Open data folder
Open system folder
Make a folder called theme
Reboot your phone
Now u can apply themes :)

themes work from first boot, and the miui folder is created on first boot after flashing the rom.

G

gatormark08

What kind of battery life have you typically been seeing with this setup?

just saw this, sorry. i get about 8 hours. but that's with a 2 year old battery. i'd say i'm the high end of moderate use. (lots of facebook/twitter activity, sms/mms, and music)

downset00

Sep 11, 2010
Waynesboro
I'm confused because if themes work, why don't some of the changes take effect..i.e. status bar? Is there no work around on v4? Seems like themes are being made for v4.

G

gatormark08

I'm confused because if themes work, why don't some of the changes take effect..i.e. status bar? Is there no work around on v4? Seems like themes are being made for v4.

themes haven't been updated to reflect new framework. (ics has framework-res and miui-framework-res) you'll have to find full v4 themes in forums somewhere.

ChuckFarley

Jun 25, 2010
just saw this, sorry. i get about 8 hours. but that's with a 2 year old battery. i'd say i'm the high end of moderate use. (lots of facebook/twitter activity, sms/mms, and music)

That sounds like about what I get. Always looking for a few tweaks to get an extra hour or two.

The latest release you have is looking great. Really smooth. Good to see you up and running and back in action.

pbaden

May 18, 2007
Just installed v4

Well, as usual I overdid it with all my apps and multi-boot configs... started getting out of control so I did a full wipe and just installed this on my dinc. It's so nice to be back on a version of ICS. I'm hoping for good things. :eek: Will report back.

NoiMaD

Dec 17, 2010
Call waiting and MIUI

Can anyone tell me if this has a fixed call waiting dialer? Currently when you are on a call and go to answer the other call it just says "conference call" and you cannot switch between the two calls. That is my only hold up with MIUI. Please let me know.

Thanks!!

past_pluto

Aug 9, 2010
I'm surprised how stable this build is, well actually marks version, but my roomie had been using this ROM for 3 straight days of heavy heavy user and hasn't had one reboot..

Either people don't have incredible anymore or incredible owners just suck and can't appreciate MIUI

sent from my evol supersonic
People don't have the phone anymore. I was a big user of praiser of MIUI but I bought a galaxy nexus.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    figured id stop by and say whats up.. for those who dont know me i worked on the inc a long time ago before moving on to inc2,kindle fire, transformer prime , galaxy nexus... since i dont have my prime anymore of my kindle and the galaxy nexus build is pretty much taken care of i figured id jump back in to help mark out since he took over for me all those months.. I know we have some issues to over come. some are rom wide meaning every rom has them.. others though i should be able to squash.. I have had 2 phones since inc so i dont run it everyday so i need feedback from u guys as much as possible.. so of you may remember me if youve run miui on inc for awhile..I said a long time ago that i wouldnt let inc die as long as it can be ported. I take great pride in our site and our roms. if you run a miui on a phone and miui.us supports it , well then u can say its gonna be the best.. few things to look forward too.. toolbox is in this week, i just posted a fix for themes on twitter, working on being able to mount storage to pc right now.. also miui jb weather for US sbhould be included next week as well as google now..
    for the guy who said gb wasent great then they started porting ics and then that wasent solid now they are doing JB... well the truth is you roll with the punchs and try to stay up to date.. IMO im not going to sit around working on ICS miui when I can move up to JB with all the new **** miui is coming out with week by week so you guys can run it and fix **** as i go.. Remember im not here doing it cuz its my device im here doing it because inc is where i got my start and dont want u guys getting left behind if i can help it.. best way to get intouch with me is twitter and if you are the type that likes irc.. then freenode #miui-us is always a place im hangning out .. we try to keep conversation going so its not always about miui but we have a fun time...... see u guys later..

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

oh also im looking for someone to create a new thread for the JB build and help me in making sure it gets updated weekly and be my point man sicne i cant watch the threads all the time.. would need u letting me know if people here and having issues etc.. if no one wants to that ok too.. if u are interested hit me up on twitter @leeechmiui
    Personally i think miui sucks. Never worked really well on my droid.

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

Cool party bro! Do you tell it at all the stories?
    Thanks for the two that posted the advice. I installed the ROM again to try it out more. I'm using ADW Launcher and found themes. After looking at the themes I thought they would fix the white notification drop down menu. To no avail, three themes whose pictures showed a black background was white in said menu. So far I've had 0 reboots and 1 freeze where I had to remove the battery. The freeze happened with Browser.

There are a few things I have found that I would like to share.
    • My carrier (Verizon Wireless) is always shown on the top left of the notification menu. It would be nice to customize this or either turn it off.
    • Lockscreen displays SMS notification count for Messaging. I am using GoSMS and have disabled all notifications in Messaging as well as a setting for not displaying lockscreen SMS notifications (forgot which menu I was in). Auto retrieve is also turned off but it is still retrieving. This is really annoying.
    • I cannot pull down the notification drop down menu from the lockscreen like stock Android 4.0
    • It would be great to change the settings menu and notification drop down menu to a dark background like stock Android 4.0 (4.0 is dark by default, not changeable as far as I know). Maybe there's a theme for this, let me know if so please.

That's all I have for now.

Few things to consider...v4 MIUI isn't completely officially out on the devices so the themes that are out aren't for v4 MIUI. From someone who has put together a theme for MIUI for the v4 they have changed a lot of things so the older themes don't show correctly. On my Suave HD theme for instance the notification bar is black and so is the background but on v4 it's different since the images are different now.

The notification pull down on the stock screen shouldn't be like that on the stock ICS, that is a glitch and they will be working that out to prevent that. Normal GB and below won't allow you to access the notification from the lock screen by default. Also for the "Verizon Wireless" to be changed there is a mod called "MIUI Extended Settings" developed by someone but he hasn't updated it to the v4 format. If you are using the stock lock screen it is going to always show the notification count even if you turned off the notifications, it reads it through the system a separate way instead of using the notifications in the bar to add the count
    He posted on twitter about a sneak peak on goo.

Can't find it though.

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda app-developers app

Browse all. dev/Miui/inc

Sent from my Droid Incredible using xda app-developers app
    Sir, do you possibly have said build on any online storage facilities?
    It was just a personal-use build for testing and won't be published. I layered an official desire miui port into cm9.

If you have an hour of time, you can follow this and have your own build to tweak as needed.

http://xdaforums.com/archive/index.php/t-1738495.html