[Q] Battery saving settings question

Search This thread

mlcampbe

Apr 4, 2013
I have a note 2 that is pretty light on battery usage but want to make sure I get all I can out of a charge. I have searched and read many different forum posts and articles about what to turn on and what to turn off on various different android versions. Some of these were dated material (like over 9 months old) and some more recent. Even the similar threads shown when starting this refers to posts from back in 2010-early 2013

I am looking for the current best practice for battery life and what to enable/disable.

For my purposes I have little use for google now. I like the ability to set quick reminders but since I work from home I have no need for driving tips.

My current settings are as follows:
location services
gps & verizon location enabled
google wifi & mobile network disabled
wifi advanced options:
keep wifi on during sleep always
always allow scanning disabled
google location settings
location reporting on
location history on
google now
enabled
hotword detection disabled

Enabling the google wifi & mobile option seems to be the biggest factor on battery life for me. However, with it disabled I have read that some of the google now and weather apps don't work as well.

Can anyone make any further suggestions?

MunkinDrunky

Feb 25, 2012
Well how battery life now? You have any custom kernels or roms or anything like OC etc? I have all disabled except keep wifi on sleep but it's hard to compare or say the what's optimal.

mlcampbe

Apr 4, 2013
I purposefully left out any numbers for battery life as I find it very difficult to compare 1 user to another since usage can be very different. However as you have asked I will tell you I am currently getting 5-6 days per full charge on mine. If I look right now I have 30% battery left and it shows 4d 13h 33m on battery. Note that during that time it was connected via USB for a few minutes so it is not a true battery-only test. Below is a screenshot.

As for modifications I have installed the Sophisticated 2.5 ROM using whatever kernel it comes with. No over/under clocking has been done on my part.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-09-07-50-14.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-09-07-50-14.png
    101.2 KB · Views: 61

Osama Zabin

Oct 4, 2010
I purposefully left out any numbers for battery life as I find it very difficult to compare 1 user to another since usage can be very different. However as you have asked I will tell you I am currently getting 5-6 days per full charge on mine. If I look right now I have 30% battery left and it shows 4d 13h 33m on battery. Note that during that time it was connected via USB for a few minutes so it is not a true battery-only test. Below is a screenshot.

As for modifications I have installed the Sophisticated 2.5 ROM using whatever kernel it comes with. No over/under clocking has been done on my part.

You want more than 6 days per charge? ?