Looking for tempered glass screen protector.

Search This thread

bridion

Jul 14, 2014
just installed this tempered glass for my tab s

243842_20141007095624.jpg

I have a tempered glaas screen protector ( for the first time ) on my 8,4 and it looks great and it was really easy to apply ( see instruction video on-line).
I live in Holland, ordered it from BRANDO in America for 30 euro inclusive postage and it was sent from U.K. within a week.
Feels very protected.

dl12345

Aug 1, 2014
I have a tempered glaas screen protector ( for the first time ) on my 8,4 and it looks great and it was really easy to apply ( see instruction video on-line).
I live in Holland, ordered it from BRANDO in America for 30 euro inclusive postage and it was sent from U.K. within a week.
Feels very protected.

I'm guessing this is the one you ordered? I ordered a protector off eBay that I sent back. It was the right size for the screen but obviously was not made for the Tab S 8.4 as there was a cut out at the top that was not aligned with the logo or even necessary.

In fact, looking at the photo of this Brando protector, the Tab in the photo seems to have a speaker grille at the top, which my tab does not have. Mine looks like the one in this photo. I'm curious to see whether this Brando protector also has unnecessary or misaligned cutouts.

Can you post a photo of your Tab S 8.4 with the screen protector?

bridion

Jul 14, 2014
I'm guessing this is the one you ordered? I ordered a protector off eBay that I sent back. It was the right size for the screen but obviously was not made for the Tab S 8.4 as there was a cut out at the top that was not aligned with the logo or even necessary.

In fact, looking at the photo of this Brando protector, the Tab in the photo seems to have a speaker grille at the top, which my tab does not have. Mine looks like the one in this photo. I'm curious to see whether this Brando protector also has unnecessary or misaligned cutouts.

Can you post a photo of your Tab S 8.4 with the screen protector?

This is the one ordered and received and it fit perfectly.

http://shop.brando.com/Brando-Works...amsung-Galaxy-Tab-S-8-4-_p11457c1748d008.html

dl12345

Aug 1, 2014

Yes, however if you look at the photo in the link you posted, the photograph shows a protector that has a cutout for a speaker grille at the top. The Tab S 8.4 does not have a speaker grille. So either the photo is wrong or the screen protector, while it may fit, will have unnecessary cutouts.

Does the screen protector that you bought look EXACTLY like the photo in the link you posted? If not, it would be very helpful if you could post a photo.

Thanks

blubyu87gt

May 4, 2010
Charleston SC
Yes, however if you look at the photo in the link you posted, the photograph shows a protector that has a cutout for a speaker grille at the top. The Tab S 8.4 does not have a speaker grille. So either the photo is wrong or the screen protector, while it may fit, will have unnecessary cutouts.

Does the screen protector that you bought look EXACTLY like the photo in the link you posted? If not, it would be very helpful if you could post a photo.

Thanks
The cut out is because the 705 model (8.4 with LTE) has the speaker. While totally unnecessary on the 700 it's not really noticeable. Most of the tempered glass versions I have seen have the cut out. You might have to make the decision of what's more important. A tempered glass protector or the speaker cutout.

Personally, I want the glass over a standard film so I will deal with the cut out.

Top Liked Posts