[Q] Why is Android OS draining so much?

Search This thread

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
The big tip is just make sure to disconnect the charger while SCREEN IS ON AND UNLOCKED.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
The big tip is just make sure to disconnect the charger while SCREEN IS ON AND UNLOCKED.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I don't do that and i had this issue for a while. A stock flash via odin and installing of a new custom ROM and kernel fixed it for me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Stock shouldn't and won't.

But there have been times when people have flashed stock and managed to trip KNOX. Nothing is 100% guaranteed I'm afraid.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Skyman1

Dec 3, 2011
Rome
The easiest way to fix this until a new firmware is released is to disable "Use Wireless Networks" under "Location Services". This has fixed mine for the past couple of weeks. As soon as I turn it back on, battery life sucks!

This is just a temporary fix.... better than before... but temporary...

Inviato dal mio SM-T310 utilizzando Tapatalk

B3311

Feb 16, 2011
Gelderd End, 1974
Having achieved a new pb in Android OS battery use yesterday - 60% - and found no obvious cause with BBS and WLD, I decided to something about it it, i.e., more cowbell Google.

I found this thread from a couple of years back, and decided to try it.

For those who don't want to read 6 pages, go to system>bin in your phone, find the gsiff_daemon file and rename it by adding .bak to the end.

Seems to be working so far, Android OS is back to 5% and I don't seem to have lost any GPS functionality (I use Top NTP).

Will keep monitoring and report back, if anyone else tries it please post your observations.

Last edited:

scarcett

Feb 5, 2014
Having achieved a new pb in Android OS battery use yesterday - 60% - and found no obvious cause with BBS and WLD, I decided to something about it it, i.e., more cowbell Google.

For those who don't want to read 6 pages, go to system>bin in your phone, find the gsiff_daemon file and rename it by adding .bak to the end.

Seems to be working so far, Android OS is back to 5% and I don't seem to have lost any GPS functionality (I use Top NTP).

Will keep monitoring and report back, if anyone else tries it please post your observations.

I never rename it, I just dump it straight away every time I update a rom :D

Reactions: B3311

Skyman1

Dec 3, 2011
Rome
Just updated to NB7 KITKAT this morning... and seems that now the NOTE3 is going inn"deep sleep"

Geicher

Mar 3, 2014
I personally dont have any battery draining issues but it seems to me like I'm having the same problem on my Note 3... uploadfromtaptalk1394481890376.jpg

Skyman1

Dec 3, 2011
Rome
I personally dont have any battery draining issues but it seems to me like I'm having the same problem on my Note 3...View attachment 2623889

Yes it coukd be... but... the problem was that:
With Android 4.3 the NOTE3 never go in "SLEEP MODE" (you can check with SPY GPU apk).

Now... i just updated to 4.4.2 but the NOTE3 seems that go in DEEP SLEEP every time I turn off the screen.
With the 4.3... after some hours a restart the GPU was FIXED st 300MHZ also when the screen was off and the OS ANDROID was consuming more than 40/50% of the battery...

With 4.4.2 the OS ANDROID is still running but he is consuming not more than 20%... (normally 9%).

desiregeek

Jun 27, 2010
I did not have any battery drain problems before. In fact I had great battery life but after this last firmware update of which I updated last night my battery life went to hell. Tried everything but it is really draining battery life now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The easiest way to fix this until a new firmware is released is to disable "Use Wireless Networks" under "Location Services". This has fixed mine for the past couple of weeks. As soon as I turn it back on, battery life sucks!
    German Akku = battery in english ;)

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
    SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
    XDA Developers 4 premium app

I never rename it, I just dump it straight away every time I update a rom :D