Buying from Mobiles.co.uk

Search This thread

benshikari

Jun 16, 2009
Anyone ever get the free Bluetooth headset they offered ?

I searched the internet for a promotional code for the mobiles.co.uk website, and found one for a free bluetooth headset. The code was supposedly expired.. but I can assure you it wasn't :D

Hi mate,

I just phoned mobiles.co.uk and they said that O2 will no longer change people over to unlimited internet. They said that O2 DID in the past but now they wont because they have realised they are loosing out.

I guess they have caught on now :(

O2 are either lying, or still have the power to do so, even if they say they won't from now on.
I phoned up to have my Unlimited Internet put on as a bolt-on ON TOP of my Unlimited Texts, and somehow they changed my Unlimited Texts for the Internet, even though I hadn't asked them to.

I then received a bill for £84.83, which they agreed they made the error, and refunded the text messages I had gone over, as well as give me the Bolt-On for free.

skaughtm

Dec 15, 2009
canadian inquiry

does anyone have any information on ordering phones from canada? i discovered mobiles.co.uk through craigslist and ive had some correspondence through email with someone there telling me they will ship me a contract free unlocked iphone 3gs 32gb for 300$ canadian, free shipping, next day delivery. i'm assuming this would be contract free? everyone here has been talking about contracts with 02 and vodafone, but obviously thats not good for me as im in canada and the site does not list prices for buying the phone outright. does this seem shady to anyone else? 300$ is literally more than half the retail price here in canada so im quite interested. any advice would be appreciated.

Ben_Mobiles.co.uk

Nov 19, 2008
It's a scam, it's entirely unrelated to us and you should never, ever do business with someone who wants Western Union payment, doesn't have an email address at the company they supposedly work for, etc etc.

Run away.

Run!

roheelshah

Jan 25, 2009
does anyone have any information on ordering phones from canada? i discovered mobiles.co.uk through craigslist and ive had some correspondence through email with someone there telling me they will ship me a contract free unlocked iphone 3gs 32gb for 300$ canadian, free shipping, next day delivery. i'm assuming this would be contract free? everyone here has been talking about contracts with 02 and vodafone, but obviously thats not good for me as im in canada and the site does not list prices for buying the phone outright. does this seem shady to anyone else? 300$ is literally more than half the retail price here in canada so im quite interested. any advice would be appreciated.

if it sounds too good, it probably is! ... u may aswell pay 600$ for a handset in canada, then give 300$ to some scammer somewhere!

skaughtm

Dec 15, 2009
It's a scam, it's entirely unrelated to us and you should never, ever do business with someone who wants Western Union payment, doesn't have an email address at the company they supposedly work for, etc etc.

Run away.

Run!

unfortunately craigslist appears to be littered with iphone ads posted by people claiming to be from mobiles.co.uk. ive had two separate people claiming to be form your shop contact me now asking for western union payments. shame. thanks for the heads up.

ferraridave

Feb 19, 2009
Kent
Update txt-web changeover

Just thought I'd post an update on the switch from unlimited txt's to unlimited web bolt on, I started my contract with mobiles.co.uk back in Feburary, contacted o2 to try and changeover & no joy, then I read this thread, and tried a few more times, and, eventually, was told that I could not change it for 9 months, so after the 9th month phoned them back and got it changed over on the second attempt.
Was all good until the 21st of December when I got a txt from o2 saying that I had exceeded my data allowance by 68pence, so I called them thinking how can I exceed my allowance on the 21st of any month, when my billing date is the 19th, and I'd hardly used any data ?
They told me that someone had switched on the free web bolt on, and then a second person had tried to switch it on but actually turned it back off instead, and could see from their call records that is wasn't at my request, so have switched it back on with effect from tomorrow.
The guy also told me that, a) If you take out a contract with CPW or Phones4U then the tarrif you start with is for the duration of the contract and unchangeable, and, b) any queries relating to tarrif changes should be made to CPW and not direct to o2, o2 apparently no longer deals with these requests, after which he proceeded to change it back to unlimited web, crazy.
So I will now have to keep checking my account online to make sure I'm not being charged for data, because I can see this happening again.
I think the moral of the story is though, always go direct to the network, I had done for the past 6 years (with o2), and had never had any problems at all with them.

aj2703

Sep 10, 2010
Hi.

My partner tried to get a 3rd mobile from three. She got declined because of their security checks..?. Dunno what she could have failed on as she is an accountant living at the same address for the past seven years..lol.

Anyway she has tried through mobiles.co.uk and has yet to receive either a confirmation or decline mail. It was ordered yesterday evening, does anyone know how long this takes..?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was mega keen on the iphone before i saw the hd pics/specs but the ONLY thing that lets it down is the **** syncing - I need a phone that CAN sync properly cos I have all my contacts in outlook 07 for my business, same with calendar.

It seems to sync fine for me now, just don't sign up for the MobileMe trial unless you intend to carry on paying: This is what caused most of my grief, when I closed the account before the trial ended. All good now.

I've never used iTunes a day in my life either (despite running a powerbook for 3 years) so still getting used to the slightly strange way it treats libraries and settings.