Any chance we will ever see sense 4.0?

Search This thread

F9zSlavik

Jan 5, 2012
San Diego
I was just curious, 3.6 looks pretty much the same as 3.0. Little disappointed, I feel that 4.0.3 can't shine through the sense theme. I installed CM9 on my buddy's Sensation and it looks fantastic.

Reactions: mznatnat

ChromeJob

Dec 20, 2011
Durham, NC
Claims that they (HTC, T-Mobile, anyone) don't want to "disrupt" our user experience with 3.0 on the Amaze are BS, IMHO. Problems with Sense 3.0 do NOT need to be continued ... and the enhancements due with Sense 4.0 are, I think, owed us. I bought this phone specifically because an ICS update in 2012 had already been promised.

I want landscape home screens. I want Car Mode restored. I want a better Dock Mode.

If ICS arrives with same ol' Sense overlay, and the problems I've had with three handsets not fixed, I may not even update.

Reactions: mznatnat

Drzfr3shboialex

May 9, 2010
Claims that they (HTC, T-Mobile, anyone) don't want to "disrupt" our user experience with 3.0 on the Amaze are BS, IMHO. Problems with Sense 3.0 do NOT need to be continued ... and the enhancements due with Sense 4.0 are, I think, owed us. I bought this phone specifically because an ICS update in 2012 had already been promised.

I want landscape home screens. I want Car Mode restored. I want a better Dock Mode.

If ICS arrives with same ol' Sense overlay, and the problems I've had with three handsets not fixed, I may not even update.

HTC said sense 4 was built for s4/tegra 3.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

PeartFan40

Jun 15, 2007
South Hadley, Ma. USA
Please keep all question based threads in the Q&A section. Failure to comply with XDA rules could result in warnings, infractions, and/or a ban. Please take a few minutes to read and underatand the rules. Thank you.

Sent from my Galaxy Note i717, using XDA Premium.

You don't have to be a farmer to know what sh*t smells like.

ziggy46

Aug 18, 2011
Chambersburg, Pa
Yeah but it doesn't seem like we have anybody driven to port Sense 4.0. Tis a shame because it seems like it really improved on a lot of weak points that exist in all current Sense UI versions prior to 4.0.

I'm gonna take a crack at it possibly... I just want to get my phone activation straight first. (Tmobile sent me a invalid activation code with my sim card)

Sent from my Revolutionary Amaze 4g! oh yea, with the XDA app

hd2joel

Apr 29, 2010
That's even more bull****, industrial strength. The Snapdragon processor in the Amaze is certainly up to to the job. You've probably heard that the AT&T One X will have an S4, which isn't too different from the S3 in the Amaze.
S4 not different from s3??????? I'd Google that. It has very significant improvements! Even at the same core # and clock speed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was just curious, 3.6 looks pretty much the same as 3.0. Little disappointed, I feel that 4.0.3 can't shine through the sense theme. I installed CM9 on my buddy's Sensation and it looks fantastic.

HTC said sense 4 was built for s4/tegra 3.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

Everything in the Sensation Forums is possible in our phone ;)

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5