[Q] Why are we not getting 4.2.2 or higher???

Search This thread

er.jaldip

Jan 18, 2013
Hello guys,
Right now in android market cheap brands like micromax and many other are offering 4.2 or higher version in their low end phones,
Why we are not getting update since very long time?
Is samsung busy with their new launched devices without taking care of us?

And please don't tell me it is not necessary to create new thread for this question.
Don't you want updated version in your phone?
If you want than please support this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: porwal

zanini007

Nov 17, 2013
Bauru
anyway, isn't like sansung will see this topic...
about updates, sansung works with that way:
Get powerful models for priority updates.
Get this kind of models, and we will update if we want

Also, our phone still getting some updates for stability, so sansung didn't forgot it. Wait a year and i'm sure something will apper

er.jaldip

Jan 18, 2013
anyway, isn't like sansung will see this topic...
about updates, sansung works with that way:
Get powerful models for priority updates.
Get this kind of models, and we will update if we want

Also, our phone still getting some updates for stability, so sansung didn't forgot it. Wait a year and i'm sure something will apper

After a year Android will launch v5 or may be greater than 5.
Newly launched Motorola Moto E with 7000 INR price (half of our quattro) have 4.4. and motorola gives guarantee of future updates.
Don't you think Samsung should release atleast 4.2.2.(not expecting 4.3 or 4.4) Instead of making 4.1.2 stable?
Sorry if you are Samsung fan but I am frustrated with samsung, this will be my last Samsung phone.

Sent from my GT-I8552 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

lols21.10

Dec 22, 2012
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Newly launched Motorola Moto E with 7000 INR price (half of our quattro) have 4.4. and motorola gives guarantee of future updates.
Don't you think Samsung should release atleast 4.2.2.(not expecting 4.3 or 4.4) Instead of making 4.1.2 stable?
Sorry if you are Samsung fan but I am frustrated with samsung, this will be my last Samsung phone.

I am damm sure that we are not getting 4.3 or higher cuz even s3 is not getting(because it will cause lag).As samsung is a bloatware distributor :p with its slow tw ui their will be lags 2 or 3 times of the present :eek:.Whereas moto g is based on CLOSE to pure android so their are no bloatware and it can run 4.4 or higher easily .Our own device can run 4.4 smoothly;)(if someone make it :fingers-crossed:). and yeah **** samsung :angel:

Reactions: er.jaldip

g_jaiswar

Oct 6, 2013
Samsung only interested in selling new phones........not interested in serving existing customers........will fall the same way Nokia fell........if they don't realise early

Sent from my GT-I8552 using Tapatalk

er.jaldip

Jan 18, 2013

coolkoushik07

Oct 26, 2009
Kolkata
Qualcomm dropped support for msm8225 and this is the main reason why all devs are ignoring this device.. Someone in this thread told that s duos 2 has lower cpu than quattro?? Atleast google it before saying it.. that phone has cortex a9 broadcom processor which is far better than cortex a5.. Quattro has backdated cpu, accept this fact and probably it will never get bug free cm11..

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact (D5503)

Last edited:
Reactions: er.jaldip

mahir kukreja

Feb 13, 2014
delhi
moreover fixing bugs in cm11 will require many hacks and will lack hardware acceleration
msm8225 devices have qualcomm support for drivers upto 4.2.2 so at most if we will get anything it'll be 4.2.2 max!

coolkoushik07

Oct 26, 2009
Kolkata
moreover fixing bugs in cm11 will require many hacks and will lack hardware acceleration
msm8225 devices have qualcomm support for drivers upto 4.2.2 so at most if we will get anything it'll be 4.2.2 max!

And 4.2.2 is already backdated... And I heard from someone that samsung service centre guy informed that 4.2.2 is already out for testing and will be available within 1 month..

devesh9

Jan 27, 2012
Mumbai
here follows the reply what i got from samsung on the software upgrade.

Counselor answer
Dear Mr. Devesh

Thank you for taking out time and sending this email to Samsung.

We can understand your concern regarding the unavailability of a firmware update for your Samsung handset GT-I8552 (Galaxy grand Quattro). We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that feedback to release a firmware update for GT-I8552 has already been sent to our department concerned. They are in the process of developing the same; however, as of now there is no official release date available with us. So kindly stay with us till then.

Also, your Samsung handset comes with a feature which will automatically inform you about any new firmware release provided it’s connected to Internet. You may enable that option by following the steps mentioned below:

From the home screen, select Application> Setting > about device > Update (check for update) or select Application> Setting > more> about device > Update (check for update)

You are our valued customer and we appreciate your patience in this regard.

Regards,

Ravindra Agrawal

Technical Support Team

Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.

You can Chat Live or find troubleshooting guides on our Website: www.samsung.com/in/support

Disclaimer: All materials on this site are protected by copyright and intellectual property laws and are the property of Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd. Unless stated otherwise, you may access and download the materials located on www.samsung.com/in only for personal, non-commercial use.

Reactions: porwal

coolkoushik07

Oct 26, 2009
Kolkata

Counselor answer
Dear Mr. Devesh

We can understand your concern regarding the unavailability of a firmware update for your Samsung handset GT-I8552 (Galaxy grand Quattro). We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that feedback to release a firmware update for GT-I8552 has already been sent to our department concerned. They are in the process of developing the same; however, as of now there is no official release date available with us. So kindly stay with us till then.

Also, your Samsung handset comes with a feature which will automatically inform you about any new firmware release provided it’s connected to Internet. You may enable that option by following the steps mentioned below:

From the home screen, select Application> Setting > about device > Update (check for update) or select Application> Setting > more> about device > Update (check for update)

Regards,

Ravindra Agrawal

Technical Support Team

You can Chat Live or find troubleshooting guides on our Website: www.samsung.com/in/support

Disclaimer: All materials on this site are protected by copyright and intellectual property laws and are the property of Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd. Unless stated otherwise, you may access and download the materials located on www.samsung.com/in only for personal, non-commercial use.

They just copy paste this text to everyone who ask about software update.. In my case they have copied also someone else name haha..

er.jaldip

Jan 18, 2013

We should be happy even if we get 4.2.2

er.jaldip

Jan 18, 2013
And 4.2.2 is already backdated... And I heard from someone that samsung service centre guy informed that 4.2.2 is already out for testing and will be available within 1 month..

Let's wait for more One month.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,
    Right now in android market cheap brands like micromax and many other are offering 4.2 or higher version in their low end phones,
    Why we are not getting update since very long time?
    Is samsung busy with their new launched devices without taking care of us?

And please don't tell me it is not necessary to create new thread for this question.
    Don't you want updated version in your phone?
    If you want than please support this thread.
    If we get 4.2.2, it becomes easier to build CM and other stuff.

I am damm sure that we are not getting 4.3 or higher cuz even s3 is not getting(because it will cause lag).As samsung is a bloatware distributor :p with its slow tw ui their will be lags 2 or 3 times of the present :eek:.Whereas moto g is based on CLOSE to pure android so their are no bloatware and it can run 4.4 or higher easily .Our own device can run 4.4 smoothly;)(if someone make it :fingers-crossed:). and yeah **** samsung :angel:
    Qualcomm dropped support for msm8225 and this is the main reason why all devs are ignoring this device.. Someone in this thread told that s duos 2 has lower cpu than quattro?? Atleast google it before saying it.. that phone has cortex a9 broadcom processor which is far better than cortex a5.. Quattro has backdated cpu, accept this fact and probably it will never get bug free cm11..

Counselor answer
    Dear Mr. Devesh

Regards,

Ravindra Agrawal

Technical Support Team