[MOD] AROMA Kang Jelly v1.57 AOSP Personalizer, updated 10-25

Search This thread

boobah204

Apr 3, 2012
Atlanta
Quick question would this work on the hercules?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

I don't know. Make a backup, try it and see. I'm not being cynical when I say that. I really want to know. I've been wondering because I'd post over there if it does.:)

I will say that a lot of the problems I'm running into are due to the fact that I kanged this from a Hercules rom to begin with.. so, it SHOULD work, and maybe even a little better. But I'll probably be posting an update in an hour or two that will be a bit of a smaller download it will have a couple more things and a couple less things. (But for real I'm looking for someone to test those waters. Would you? :beer: )

Sent from my part of the problem

boobah204

Apr 3, 2012
Atlanta
will this work with the new paranoid android port

Probably its cm9 based I think. I haven't tested it but it won't hurt anything to try. I would avoid flashing inverted gapps for now but it might work fine. If anything does mess up just flash the rom base and hybrid again. Dont have to wipe. Updating tomorrow and that part won't be necessary.

Reactions: chinthekng

BMP7777

Dec 15, 2010
Dacula, Ga
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Tried .666 and couldn't get it to load. I know it was stated that this might be an issue, so I tried a few times with no luck. But I'm confident it will get resolved. I am really pleased with .5. Dig the customization! Any chance of a transparent notification bar? Maybe some customization there too?

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda premium

boobah204

Apr 3, 2012
Atlanta
Tried .666 and couldn't get it to load. I know it was stated that this might be an issue, so I tried a few times with no luck. But I'm confident it will get resolved. I am really pleased with .5. Dig the customization! Any chance of a transparent notification bar? Maybe some customization there too?

Gotcha I will upload a non-colorforce version now. Link to .667 in OP

Regarding the transparent notification bar- If anyone can point me to someone who has decompiled edited and recompiled the systemui for this (that works more or less universally with the aosp roms aka cm9 aokp chimaira paranoid) then I will include it. As far as themeing it myself? I am still learning how. in other words, I don't know how yet. Themeing is a lot less intuitive than I'd like it to be and I have a short attention span. In the meantime, try M4570DON's theme the link is in the OP and it can be found in the theme section, It looks pretty sweet.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMP7777

RabidSmurf

Oct 31, 2010
Great work on .666/7, I had some trouble with .666 not loading but I think it was related to dev-host issues and not getting a completed download (was trying to download over a spotty wifi connection to which wasn't helping).

Anyway, I really like the changes, being able to cherry pick the google apps is awesome, I also see you added fix permissions, very nice.

Just a couple minor problems I noticed:

Inverted Google Talk doesn't seem to work? Not sure if it's the mod causing this or not, but it just crashes when I try to open it ("Unfortunately, talk has stopped"). I tried redownloading the mod entirely, also tried wiping cache partition/davlik and fixing permissions via CWM to rule out a problem with those options in the mod itself, but it didn't have any affect. Haven't tried reflashing the entire rom from scratch yet...

I am running CM9 07/02/2012 nightly with InstigatorX's 3.2 Kernel (In case it matters).

A tiny problem... When you have three options for "Regular", "Inverted", or "None" sometimes you put inverted ahead of regular or vice versa (ie. it's not consistent). Admittedly this is an extremely minor problem but I am a bit OCD about that sort of thing which is probably why I noticed.

Thanks for this awesome mod, looking forward to future versions!

Edit: I see you're already aware of google talk issues, sorry I should've read the OP in it's entirety.

Last edited:

boobah204

Apr 3, 2012
Atlanta
Great work on .666/7, I had some trouble with .666 not loading but I think it was related to dev-host issues and not getting a completed download (was trying to download over a spotty wifi connection to which wasn't helping).

Anyway, I really like the changes, being able to cherry pick the google apps is awesome, I also see you added fix permissions, very nice.

Just a couple minor problems I noticed:

Inverted Google Talk doesn't seem to work? Not sure if it's the mod causing this or not, but it just crashes when I try to open it ("Unfortunately, talk has stopped"). I tried redownloading the mod entirely, also tried wiping cache partition/davlik and fixing permissions via CWM to rule out a problem with those options in the mod itself, but it didn't have any affect. Haven't tried reflashing the entire rom from scratch yet...

I am running CM9 07/02/2012 nightly with InstigatorX's 3.2 Kernel (In case it matters).

A tiny problem... When you have three options for "Regular", "Inverted", or "None" sometimes you put inverted ahead of regular or vice versa (ie. it's not consistent). Admittedly this is an extremely minor problem but I am a bit OCD about that sort of thing which is probably why I noticed.

Thanks for this awesome mod, looking forward to future versions!

Thanks! I noticed the inconstancy as I was adding items but editing two parallel scripts made it too much effort for me to correct.
I had no luck getting the color fixed one to start with instigators kernel.. so I have no idea why it works better sometimes.

I noticed the broken talk this morning. That is team black ice's version. I tried team passion's version also and it didn't even load. It might very well be bad scripting on my part. You can try he team black ice link in the change log and download the inverted talk straight from the source, maybe it would work. (I have not tried that yet) but I will double check my scripting later and also search for other inverted (and themed) apps that won't have problems.

RabidSmurf

Oct 31, 2010
Thanks! I noticed the inconstancy as I was adding items but editing two parallel scripts made it too much effort for me to correct.
I had no luck getting the color fixed one to start with instigators kernel.. so I have no idea why it works better sometimes.

I noticed the broken talk this morning. That is team black ice's version. I tried team passion's version also and it didn't even load. It might very well be bad scripting on my part. You can try he team black ice link in the change log and download the inverted talk straight from the source, maybe it would work. (I have not tried that yet) but I will double check my scripting later and also search for other inverted (and themed) apps that won't have problems.

I don't think it's your scripting, I downloaded it straight from team ICE's page and it has the same the issue.

Some more things I tried:

Wiping data for Talk using Titanium Backup
Uninstalling Talk using Titanium Backup + Reflash .zip from Team ICE's page.

Neither had any affect.

Just browsed through Team ICE's thread on rootzwiki and it sounds like lots of people are having the same issue with no solution currently.

Reactions: boobah204

BMP7777

Dec 15, 2010
Dacula, Ga
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Gotcha I will upload a non-colorforce version now. Link to .667 in OP

Regarding the transparent notification bar- If anyone can point me to someone who has decompiled edited and recompiled the systemui for this (that works more or less universally with the aosp roms aka cm9 aokp chimaira paranoid) then I will include it. As far as themeing it myself? I am still learning how. in other words, I don't know how yet. Themeing is a lot less intuitive than I'd like it to be and I have a short attention span. In the meantime, try M4570DON's theme the link is in the OP and it can be found in the theme section, It looks pretty sweet.

Gonna try .667 tonight. Wanted to say thanks for your hard work; didn't in my last post and didn't mean to sound like a ****, with requests but no appreciation. Us Atlanta folks gotta stick together. :beer:

Reactions: boobah204

BMP7777

Dec 15, 2010
Dacula, Ga
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Diggin' the .667! Between Chimaira and AROMA and a few tweaks, this is what I'm running. Sweet!!

Attachments

• screen_20120706_0906.jpg
    screen_20120706_0906.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 636
  • screen_20120706_0905.jpg
    screen_20120706_0905.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 633
  • screen_20120706_0907.jpg
    screen_20120706_0907.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 625
  • screen_20120706_0908.jpg
    screen_20120706_0908.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 623
Reactions: onearmedscissor

boobah204

Apr 3, 2012
Atlanta
Well if you need a mirror, let me know. I can always post from my 4Shared account.

It doesn't take any longer to download. It just doesn't start every time. Both files are the same size, except the 6 has a line of code that fixes the color. But sometimes causes it to freeze on startup.
Thank you though.

boobah204

Apr 3, 2012
Atlanta
Is the psynshift transition animation broken in .707 or is it just me?

I'm on my way home now I may have broken a few things when I took all the other stuff out. I'll go over and see how much I trimmed down. It seems like something isn't mounting right during the install process.

(And if you notice anything besides the animation not updating let me know.)

Also another possibility, are you flashing any kernels or modems right before aroma? I've been changing kernels and modems all day and some stuff that was working at first sometimes doesn't. It might be that you can't flash this right after because maybe it's unmounting something because its already mounted. I dunno how any of that stuff works really but I will be tinkering.

RabidSmurf

Oct 31, 2010
I'm on my way home now I may have broken a few things when I took all the other stuff out. I'll go over and see how much I trimmed down. It seems like something isn't mounting right during the install process.

(And if you notice anything besides the animation not updating let me know.)

Also another possibility, are you flashing any kernels or modems right before aroma? I've been changing kernels and modems all day and some stuff that was working at first sometimes doesn't. It might be that you can't flash this right after because maybe it's unmounting something because its already mounted. I dunno how any of that stuff works really but I will be tinkering.

Steps I followed:

Installed TWRP (wow, cool...)
Formatted system
Flashed Radio (RUXLF3)
Flashed CM9 (07-09-2012 Nightly)
Formatted Cache
Flashed Aroma -> went through the usual (psynshift, ubuntu font, inverted gapps minus gtalk, wipe dalvik and fix permissions).

Rebooted, market and gmail were force closing (trying to remember if anything else). Guess I should've rebooted after flashing CM9 and let everything get organized before I flashed Aroma.

Rebooted and reflashed AromaKoaK.
Redid GApps

Rebooted, now all is working except psynshift.

rebooted and flashed AromaKoaK again this time picking only psynshift animation, no dice.

Otherwise looking great, this mod keeps getting better, thanks!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 10-25 Aroma Kang Jelly AOSPJB Personalizer
    Personalize any JB based CM, AOKP, paranoid, slim, or other non-stock ROMs
    on Skyrocket or Hercules

Version 1.57
    AOKP JB, CM10, ETC. personalizer
    Version .797
    Everything else

Now you can change your ugly CM10 weather icons to the pretty AOKP weather icons!

Check the changelog down below.
    This will not work in cwm 6xxx. (Touch or not)
    It will work in sk8rwitskil's 6xxx.

This should work on any device. The boot animations are constrained to 800x480 devices, and the inverted stuff is constrained to jellybean. Please Lemme know if you link in another devices forum though!

Quick Description! Flash this from recovery at any time to personalize your AOSP ROM (Like cm10 or AOKP based ROMs) You don't have to wipe any caches. You can change the system font, the boot animation, and a few more features. You can also flash this immediately after a new ROM and conveniently flash gapps, the agps patch by crypted, add root browser, tibu, and rom manager.. or fix permissions right away with a script from realpariah and minotauri. You flash this as many times as you want. Anytime you want to change something, just go to recovery and flash again.

PERSONALIZE YOUR ROM IN A FLASH! (That's almost as clever as "Kang of all Kangs")

I want to express an extra huggy thanks to Team Passion for not objecting (openly, anyway) to my blatant exploiting of their Chimera installer as a template for this.
    Also Thanks to:
    Team BAKED
    m4750d0n
    sk8rwitskil
    obtained
    crypted
    therealpariah
    minotauri
    mindmajick
    Team Inferno
    djdarkknight96
    rujelus22
    armyvet66629

Instructions: flash the zip from recovery and it will open. Choose your menu items, pick your theme. Straightforward from there, really. Just pick what you want to install. You can leave anything you don't want unchecked, if you check something by accident, there is a "do nothing" choice in every selection group.

Note!! Aroma will likely freeze in official CWM 6.xxx recovery. It will work in sk8rwitskil's 6.xxx recovery, and some features may not work in TWRP.

Download 1.57 from Goo!

1.57 changelog-
    removed my attempt at inverted gapps with the messed up google now and replaced them with travp624's 10/16 inverted gapps

1.47 changelog-

Added option to change lock screen and notification drawer weather icons to either AOKP or CM10 (credit to armyvet66629 for having this great idea)
    updated to 10-11 regular gapps
    inverted gapps I pieced together myself, might be WIP still (lemme know of any issues please)
    updated inverted contacts and mms

1.27 changelog-

Added inverted Facebook, Twitter, and Translate by rujelus22
    Changed Inverted Music to rujelus22's version
    Since colorfix version started freezing again, I didn't bother with it this time

1.16 changelog-
    Removed unnecessary zero from version number
    updated to latest aroma base (no more calibration)

1.006 changelog-
    Added real cm10 boot animation in place of those other ones
    Changed to aroma 2.51 binary. Should be more compatible with other devices now
    Brought back colorfix. Seems to be working for me so far. Still, just in case, versions that end with the number 6 include the colorfix, versions that end with 7 do not.

Download .947 from dev host

.947 changelog:
    Updated inverted and transparent apps-
    -Mms, google voice, by djdarkknight96 (check out his theme page)
    -contacts, email, calendar by x planet
    -music, youtube, google plus, gmail, and other inverted gapps by team BAKED (9/14 bundle)
    -transparent contacts and mms by M4750D0N
    -updated aokp boot animation (removed the old one)
    -changed name to reflect that this is intended for use on JB aosp roms

Download .797: http://d-h.st/9Pv

.797 change log (posted out of sequence, this was more or less one of my test builds till now)
    Added team passion's morph script to invert systemui and framework Res.
    This one is still for cm9 based stuff. Decided to post it since I posted .807 but there is still a demand for cm9 mods. Note: the team passion inversion script does NOT break anything in cm9 (that I'm aware of anyway)

Previous change logs are in the installer.
    45b4001e-ba9f-ba68.jpg

45b4001e-bab4-d2dd.jpg

45b4001e-bac7-9501.jpg

45b4001e-badc-058b.jpg

a6937814-3e8b-4f7f.jpg

a6937814-3ec3-4426.jpg

Version .7570 download: http://d-h.st/38j
    Oksana
    45b4001e-8e23-3d7a.jpg

Drakoheart
    45b4001e-8e4b-4f58.jpg

Zoloft
    45b4001e-8e67-40bc.jpg

Champagne & Limousines
    45b4001e-8e91-d373.jpg

Teen
    45b4001e-8eb7-ad51.jpg

Hyperbole has to be my favorite right now..
    45b4001e-037f-bd2f.jpg

More screens different font and stuff: (can't add them to OP)

a6937817-271f-6027.jpg

a6937817-273c-5132.jpg

a6937817-2750-f449.jpg

a6937817-28d8-c73a.jpg

a6937817-2981-d5fd.jpg

Changes SwiftKey font too
    a6937817-27c2-9f45.jpg

Tried but couldn't take a shot mid-transition.

Updated with new aroma base. Currently calibrated for skyrocket and hercules. You can re calibrate it for anything else with the menu key, then choose yes for the alternate method. Then tap the circle 4 times in a row fast.

sent from my part of the problem
    I'll be updating this week, focusing on taking stuff out that isn't getting along with the current cm10 and aokp bases. So I'm asking ppl that use this to tell me about the rest of the stuff that doesn't work. I put so many fonts in I know some don't work but I forgot and I'm too lazy to keep reflashing to figure out which ones. Same with the apps. If something doesn't work or there's a better version out there, link me to it. Oh and PM me all this stuff please, I'm not trying to keep bumping the thread.
    (especially if I haven't completely fixed the mod yet :) )

Thanks

sent from my part of the problem