Hyperion 5000 mAh extended battery and cover

Search This thread

tefloncoated

Dec 13, 2011
NYC
After reading a few reviews on here about the generic eBay extended batteries and the overpriced Mugen extended one I decided on the Hyperion 5000 mAh battery.

It was available on Amazon for ~20 bucks + $4.99 shipping: http://amzn.to/xtT3Sf

Performance so far has been GREAT, twice as much as the stock battery probably more - i got 6+ hours of screen time! I would definitely recommend it over the generic eBay crap and the good but WAY overpriced Mugen battery

Here is what it looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MjW2qYD62A

tefloncoated

Dec 13, 2011
NYC
I have not seen this on eBay yet, but it is available on Amazon (see the link in the original post). With the Amazon option available, I wouldn't buy it from eBay in case you want to return it.

It is a big battery- twice as big as the regular one. But I gotta tell you though i have gotten some crazy screen-on and general use time from it. I am going to try to make a usage numbers screenshot in the next week or so when i take my Note on a 4 hour flight :)

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
Cheers for the heads up.... That's a beast! very handy for long trips. Juicy :p

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

jeromepearce

Jun 7, 2007
Mackay
www.processmapping.com.au
Cheers for the heads up.... That's a beast! very handy for long trips. Juicy :p

I agree, and well-priced too. I may get one just for plane trips and when I will be away from civilization for a while. My Sat-phone can take the comms, my Note can take the gaming! :D

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

BTW, when I say plane trips, these can be of the 24-hour variety. One of the down-sides of living downunder :p

docsportello

Mar 11, 2010
Personally I opted for a second battery plus the samsung charger. When one is on, the other one is charging... And I can bring it with me in the charger AND use it as a stall to watch TV...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

sankeerths

Aug 18, 2010
hey buddy can u upload some photos of ur phone with battery??
how many hrs back up ur getting?

PCassels

Sep 22, 2010
Wow! That thing is certainly thick..!

I'm still waiting on the arrival of my Note, but have a look at the "Tecknet iEP387".

Can't post links cos I'm still a noob ^^

To me it makes more sense that I can just sling an external battery pack in my bag to plug in whenever I feel I might need the extra juice. That and of course the 7000mAh capacity is higher (and can do all my devices).

Viamonte

May 31, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Stand by time? Not by a long shot. Two official batteries at 2500 will have at least the exact same capacity of an aftermarket 5000, if not more.

Sent from my NotePhone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After reading a few reviews on here about the generic eBay extended batteries and the overpriced Mugen extended one I decided on the Hyperion 5000 mAh battery.

It was available on Amazon for ~20 bucks + $4.99 shipping: http://amzn.to/xtT3Sf

Performance so far has been GREAT, twice as much as the stock battery probably more - i got 6+ hours of screen time! I would definitely recommend it over the generic eBay crap and the good but WAY overpriced Mugen battery

Here is what it looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MjW2qYD62A
    My Hyperion 5000mah battery results

2nd cycle results same settings
    Not happy with results :(
    lesser den first cycle
    this time i will charge for longer time lets see
    My Hyperion 5000mah battery results

Cycle 4 results with lot of changes
    1.Display set to 30% instead of 100%
    2.removed all haptic feedback
    3.Using battery 2x app

Remaining all are same settings
    ie
    1.Live Wallpaper
    2.edge
    Still 5% battery left :)
    A 7500mAh battery should be fairly easy to make. Just look at this picture I just took where I placed 2 batteries on top of the existing stock battery (3x2500=7500mAh).

http://s13.postimage.org/4fkut53n9/7500m_Ah.jpg

If a TPU case for the extended battery cover is released I might try this for real (using double-sided tape and some wiring). With a TPU case I might get away with not using a back cover at all.

OR... the best solution would be if a manufacturer would be inspired by my picture and actually make a professional version of it.

Brgds... /Tubgirl
    do not trust Hyperion

i purchased one of hyperion's 2600mAh slim battery for galaxy note a week ago, 2600mAh is 100mAh more than stock battery, which means it should last a little longer than my stock one. but after few days use, i feel hyperion last much shorter.
    i rip off the label of hyperion battery, guess what?
    it's marked only 1750mAh under the label !!!! what a kind of joking!! i'll never trust this brand again. i believe their 5000mAh extended battery is a fake as well. some one who have this battery can try my way.
    see my attachments