[ROM] [ICS] Android Open Kang Project - galaxysmtd - Milestone 6

How would you like your memory cards to be set up stock?

• Samsung: /emmc external, /sdcard internal

Votes: 156 66.7%
  • Normal: /sdcard external, /emmc internal

Votes: 58 24.8%
  • Build both because I am indecisive.

Votes: 20 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

boris03

Feb 11, 2007
Hi,

I have flashed wipe cache and wipe dalvik from 33 to 34.
No factory reset.

Can I do the same from 34 to M5?
I try to avoid to reinstall all apps and passwords, ... afterwards.

Thanks a lot

What I mean did somebody successfully update from 34 to M5 without factory reset?

Thanks for your support

sixstringsg

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
can you reveal to us your fix? did you make a liberty.cfg? ;)

I have no idea what this liberty.cfg you all keep talking about. The only issue was releasetools wasn't setting the correct permissions on init.d. All that had to be done was update that so that init.d was executable. You could do it yourself on M5 if you don't want to reflash I assume, I haven't tried.

everb00b

Dec 1, 2011
The Gulag
I have no idea what this liberty.cfg you all keep talking about. The only issue was releasetools wasn't setting the correct permissions on init.d. All that had to be done was update that so that init.d was executable. You could do it yourself on M5 if you don't want to reflash I assume, I haven't tried.

considiring myself as a noob in dev works, what exactly do i need to copy on to M5 rom?

rotman253

Nov 24, 2009
Tel aviv
just about to upgrade from milestone4 , I was thinking about the milestone 5 .
any known issues I should know about before?

thank you very much

rotman253

Nov 24, 2009
Tel aviv
Try the attached services.jar. i made it for my rom, has external sd card mod. Also has supercharger values which are a bit less aggressive.
Report if it works.

sorry but last time I've tried to change this file I ended up killing my phone and had to reflash everything.... I think I'll have to ask it to be a self installing zip file..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png

changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. Flash latest THS build (just to clean up from other devices build.prop issues)
    5. flash AOKP
    6. flash Gapps
    7. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Think of builds as "nightlies." They are the latest and greatest, but they may contain bugs. Find Romanns builds here.
    Find my builds here

Milestone releases are an accumulation of builds before it. They are intended to be bug free and "complete." Find milestones here.

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Romann
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

submit features or report bugs here

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    Reserved
    10char
    Nvm disregard this post, i just figured that build 32 is using glitch kernel aka ****tiest kernel ever made.
    For what cause does aokp use it? im tired of bootlooping back to stock hai odin.

Don't worry, I don't like your work either. Oh wait.....
    I'll build a HugeRAM build 29/30 combo today hopefully.
    Long week at work + long week on android = six shouldn't be posting on XDA. sorry to anyone I snapped at. One way to help keep this thread effective: if three people have posted about an issue and its not their fault, everyone probably has it. Unless you have a solution, I don't need 20 people saying they have the problem, it just clutters up the thread. I read every post, so I did see it, and I do my best to respond with what I know about the issue in a timely manner.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5