What a good camera mod

Search This thread

sic0048

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Camera Mods or just other camera apps that have more settings exposed?

I've seen this camera mod that can up the frame rate on video's etc... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2778570
Edit - here is another one that might be a little better..... http://www.droidviews.com/jishnus-camera-mod-for-lg-g3/

For a camera app substitute, I use A Better Camera. It exposes (no pun intended) a lot more settings like ISO control, White Balance, Exposure Compensation, Shooting Modes, etc, etc. All this with the free version of the app too. I haven't even tried the paid version yet!

I'm also using G3 TweaksBox module and have changed the stock "Long Volume Down" press to open ABC instead of the stock camera app. There may be other ways to do this, but since I'm running G3TB for other tweaks, it was simple to add this one too.

Last edited:

bunchies

Dec 30, 2012
Land of Ooo
Anyone using any of the camera mods that are out there for the g3?

I see the one from Jishnu is no longer being developed

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nothing but media_profiles.xml modifications, and the only one that is out doesn't work.

i fixed the issue myself and im trying different values for other things now

phobos512

Mar 1, 2009
As @sic0048 noted Jishnu is still working on a camera mod for the G3 - it's just now via that website rather than collaboratively through XDA. Probably some kind of marketing deal. I intend to give it a shot over the weekend. The comments indicated it might have some bugs but I want to see how the performance is in photography as far as shutter lag because that's my biggest complaint.

sic0048

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Do the camera mods work with all camera apps? As noted, I'm using A Better Camera app and would like to know if these mods will be usable with that app, or just the stock camera app. I also asked on Droidnews too.

Thanks!

EDIT - I got a near immediate reply from the developers and was told that the camera mods only effect the stock camera app. I guess I'll use the stock app for video use and ABC for photographs.

Last edited: