Root LG G2 4.4.2 AT&T

Search This thread

xLegacyGT

Jun 8, 2014
Hi guys. I rooted with the iO and got my recovery set up with the Rec app. I'm on the newest update (the one ending in K factory shipped.) When I'm stock rooted with my recovery I dont have any problems with my data but when I flash a custom rom my data doesnt work at all, even if I modify the APN. Can someone please help?

[bman123]

Mar 20, 2012
Akron
I used the towelroot apk for root which worked immediately then I used rom manager to flash clockwork recovery, it may of taken all of 2 minutes. Was a very easy process

king200

Feb 13, 2012
I used the towelroot apk for root which worked immediately then I used rom manager to flash clockwork recovery, it may of taken all of 2 minutes. Was a very easy process

When you do it that way do you get the LOKI script?

I believe I farkled my system when I flashed PhilZ recovery.img using Flashify.

[bman123]

Mar 20, 2012
Akron
I don't believe so, I had to revert back to stock because I messed something up along the way. I did end up using ioroot and phillz recovery and it wouldn't let me flash gummy ROM. It did let me flash cm11 tho so im going to try that for a while

pottyvick

Jan 14, 2011
Phoenix

So new to the ATT version of the G2... so using towelroot you can flash a custom recovery?

My understanding was that all att phones had locked bootloaders

[bman123]

Mar 20, 2012
Akron
Somewhere along the way I messed something up and had to revert back to stock. I know the towelroot app rooted my phone for sure but I don't know about the recovery.

I'm use to Samsung phones so this lg G2 is all new to me. I had more problems getting this set up then any other phone I've done before. I like the phone but getting where I wanted to be was a pita

mrh4ck

Jul 25, 2012
Without starting a new thread thought I would ask here.

Ive been trying to root my phone and am just failing. I tried a few different variants of the ioroot but all give the same error

IMG_20140918_112556.jpg

I even tried the towelroot website, and it said my device isnt supported.

Any advice?

Thanks

Last edited:

laydros

Jun 5, 2010
Without starting a new thread thought I would ask here.

Ive been trying to root my phone and am just failing. I tried a few different variants of the ioroot but all give the same error

IMG_20140918_112556.jpg

I even tried the towelroot website, and it said my device isnt supported.

Any advice?

Thanks

Go to Settings->General->About Phone->Software Information

What is the build number? Should be something like KOT49I.D80020y. The last 3 digits are the important part.

I've been running rooted since 4.2, but I think if it ends in 20u or 20y you may need to find an OTA and downgrade in order to root.

mrh4ck

Jul 25, 2012
KOT49I.D80020y

I got it to work though, using Stump.

Thanks

Go to Settings->General->About Phone->Software Information

What is the build number? Should be something like KOT49I.D80020y. The last 3 digits are the important part.

I've been running rooted since 4.2, but I think if it ends in 20u or 20y you may need to find an OTA and downgrade in order to root.

cyclops13

May 14, 2012
Bumping an old thread. I have this baseband but Stumproot says not supported after bruteforce. Any new way to root? I want to install a better rom, the stock is bad.

Top Liked Posts