[ ROM / 7-4 ] Calkulin's EViO 3 v1.0 [ 4.24 l Gingerbread l Undervolted l Tweaked ]

Search This thread

rushco

Dec 27, 2006
Are you just saying awesome as in "the ROM is awesome" or that the battery life is awesome. Appox 20 minutes from your post to edit makes me skeptical that it's a good indication that the battery life is awesome.

Asking about battery life 90 minutes after the ROM is released isn't enough time to judge battery life. I was saying awesome based on his 2-9 build.

I've had the ROM installed for 3 hours now and I lost 14%. That is with me setting everything up so battery will drain quicker. I say battery life will be on par with his other ROMs.

silenthatred

Nov 13, 2008
HBG, PA
Asking about battery life 90 minutes after the ROM is released isn't enough time to judge battery life. I was saying awesome based on his 2-9 build.

I've had the ROM installed for 3 hours now and I lost 14%. That is with me setting everything up so battery will drain quicker. I say battery life will be on par with his other ROMs.

That is my take as well, which is what made it puzzling that you responded to his post with just "AWESOME."

nickmus

Feb 23, 2007
I flashed via recovery, I had no problems.

This thing is fast, I mean really fast. After about an hour of use, the battery has dropped kinda fast. But i was doing a lot of app installs and reboots.

EDIT: Epst doesnt come up through the phone pad. Also the task manager i installed keeps giving FC.

-Nick

-picking ticks off a stray dog

Last edited:

quocamole

Aug 24, 2007
I flashed via recovery, I had no problems.

This thing is fast, I mean really fast. After about an hour of use, the battery has dropped kinda fast. But i was doing a lot of app installs and reboots.

EDIT: Epst doesnt come up through the phone pad. Also the task manager i installed keeps giving FC.

-Nick

-picking ticks off a stray dog

read somewhere that you could push a working epst with the leaked gb/sense... never tried it though.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

reigndropz

Feb 26, 2009
Yes! Its been almost 3 months Calk, I'm real glad you are back. Best ROM's out, no question. Thank you for your time with these!

ub2951

Jun 29, 2010
Missing notification bar on top

Had been using EVIO 2. Otherwise everything is working great

RileyGrant

Jan 17, 2011
Seattle
CALK IS BACK!!!!! I feel like a Bieber fan, but seriously its been awhile. The last thing I remember seeing from you was your mention of the Thunderbolt port.

jinxs911

Mar 15, 2008
Great Rom

Is there any way to get the icons back on the notification bar as well as make it see thru like the Apps menu.

Thanks,
Jason M.

dodge972

Dec 20, 2009
Okeechobee, Florida
HELP

:confused:I am a truck driver and i purchased droid truckers log about a year ago when i had my hero then i got the evo and droid truckers log worked fine on 1.5 and 2.0 no problems. now i switched to the gingerbread and it will not work comes up with an error. any ways like i said trucker here so i use it everyday, and i have serached the internet for another program but cannot find one and the developer i bought this droidtruckerslog took it off the market and i emailed him to see if you can update it to the gingerbread but no responce from him. i will pay any one that can get this little app to work with the gingerbread i like it and love it but i need my one and only app to work also. i have backups of it and also have the .apk it installs and opens but you click on the time button and it is supposed to display the time and location from gps and use the internet to fill in the location for you, but everytime i hit the time button, it force closes with this error(sorry! the apllication droidtruckerslog (process net.neuke.android.droidtruckerslog) has stopped unexpectedly. please try agian. Like I said love gingerbread and love this app and cant get a hold of the developer anymore, wish i could pay somebody some money to get it working for me. thanks richard hawk
rhawk1@centurylink.net

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EViO 3 Series

97264818.png
    65447389.png
    launchers.png

Based on rooted 2.3.3 / GRI40 - 4.24.651.1

ROM includes:
    HTC 2.6.35.10-gc0a661b #1 kernel
    Most HTC apps
    EStrongs File Explorer
    Facebook
    HTC_IME mod
    Quickboot
    Wireless Tether
    Busybox
    and a couple more
    (Removed apps are in the sdcard/Removed_Apps folder)

MODs included:
    Tweaked system(Very FAST)
    Kernel is undervolted & includes Tun module, Conservative and Powersave governors
    Unlocked 3G USB tethering & Sprint Hotspot!
    Moved dalvik-cache to cache partition
    Reduced auto-brightness range for better battery life
    Disabled search button(Enable zip attached)
    Removed haptic feedback from dialer & stock Android lockscreen(if you decide to use it)
    Notification bar will display TRUE network speeds(2G(1x) when used), instead of always 3G(EVDO)
    Battery % on battery meter(ported from Smooth Icons)
    Removed USB Debug notification
    Removed purple hue from most of Sense
    Colored notification icons
    Rosie app launcher displays 5x5 icons & swapped right button to launch the browser(ported from JsChiSurf's Rosie mods)
    Upped MMS size limit to 5MB(Default is 2MB still)
    Modded Flash Player so Hulu works
    Annoying ads in programs are blocked

System has also been de-odex'd, apk's have been optimized & aligned

v1.0
    Initial Release

Important Notes - Due to how this ROM is setup, a wipe is recommended BEFORE flashing

You must be rooted to flash this ROM, so go here to learn how to

Be sure to do a backup before flashing and read the change log

EViO 3 ROM (v1.0) - Mirror

Previous ROM versions

Latest Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot

Splash - MUST be NAND unlocked(S-OFF) to flash

splash1.png
    Here's a early release of the official version of EViO 3 based on 4.24. Has almost all the "extras" EViO 2 had minus the 4 in 1 reboot menu and the power notification widget(still haven't had a lot of time to port those but I'll get it done soon).

EViO 3 ROM (v1.0)
    Sorry for the delay in posting the official release but it's finally up now...
    I approve this statement
    Calkulin is one of the most respected and talented developers around here. I trust his judgment on when an update is appropriate. Patience, young grasshopper, is a virtue.