Discussions of all ota leaks

Search This thread

jonathan3579

Mar 12, 2010
Houston
As far as the app is concerned, this link is dead... That or people don't feel like talking here.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

-FuRBz-

Jun 28, 2010
Boston
It's because it's under stickies... I guess ppl don't come to this part of the site /app as much

x0xhellx0x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 6, 2011
Shirley, NY
since this is going to be the official place to talk about ota can someone help me have a noob question and need a little help if i can be sent in the right direction this whole odin thing is new to me comming from lg g2x and kindle fire i dont have windows i only have unbuntu and i want to go back to ics can someone please send me in the right direction

-FuRBz-

Jun 28, 2010
Boston
Are you running stock recovery or cwm?
Have you tried flashing lh2 with mobile Odin?

soumaine

Jun 17, 2012
hey guys am running T999UVDLI6 and am wondering whats new in the new OTA T999UVDLI7 ?

jonathan3579

Mar 12, 2010
Houston
I don't know how I feel about this being a sticky and not at the very least leaving (possibly a combined) thread covering the leaks. :( I certainly don't come here much...

Reactions: chrisram88

flak0

Jan 3, 2009
Pembroke Pines , FL
So anyone having battery drain problems its probably because of this file taxing the CPU at 100%. All I did was rename it to include .bak and removed the execute permission. Phone is now sleeping and virtually no lag. All that urks me now is that wifi direct is disabled in this build.

a9e5ereh.jpg

This is being shared on all JB LI7 threads

EDIT: DON'T DO THE ABOVE, THIS FILE IS ASSOCIATED WITH THE RADIO AND RIL. AGAIN DO NOT DO IT.. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

Last edited:

Kryo_genik

Aug 6, 2010
Do any of these leaks remove any of the tmo apps like their wifi calling stuff etc? also does it trip the flash counter?

fishguts

May 18, 2012
Portland
Do any of these leaks remove any of the tmo apps like their wifi calling stuff etc? also does it trip the flash counter?

All seems to be in tact, even Carrier IQ is running strong :D

And it might trip it (I never paid attention) but if it does get tripped, Triangle Away by Chainfire resets your flash counter so no need to worry there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've had a reputable source tell me next Wednesday... take that with a grain of salt...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Those are all leaks we got nearly 2 months ago.
    I have a thread with all leaked and official firmware and OTAs. Here's the link but you can find it in the development stickies.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1949687

There is no word on when we will get the JB official release. The only official word we did get was "in the coming months".

UVALJ4 was officially released a couple of weeks ago, I believe partly as maintenance update in preparation for JB. Trust me, once its released you will have to TRY, really hard, to not know about it! Within an hour of just the announcement you will see threads about it everywhere!!!

None of the JB leaks we have could really be considered daily drivers. Each one has its quirks and while ok to use, they just have issues that need addressing. If you are willing to try a custom rom, our devs have put together some amazing ones based on the leaks. And while they still have little issues are quite capable of being a dd.
    The biggest issue plaguing the later leaks is battery drain. There are other bugs too, but that's the biggie!

Consider this, many of us here don't quite get all the impatience and eagerness for JB. Our current ICS builds are really very good as is. And JB isn't going to add a lot to it imo. From a dev standpoint I am very much looking forward to the release to play with it, but from a user standpoint, I'm perfectly happy with ICS!

Hope that helps!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Do we not have an internal person like the sgs2 forum has that can tell us a roadmap or some thing???. We had someone back in the sgs2 days that knew that kind of stuff if could look in their servers.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Just checked by the other us variant forums. As of Nov 1st verizon got a jb leak. Art doesn't have any new leaks. So sprint is the only us sgs3 that's received official ota jb??

Nope. Well we sorta did, but in the end the info we got about the official release was wrong.
    I am fairly sure that its more in the hands of tmobile than Samsung at this point. Which would likely mean that if we were to luck out and get an inside person, they would have to be with Tmobile. Remember, tmobile will decide when JB is released for us, not Samsung. The other carriers leaks and releases really can't give us much insight into tmobiles workings. They are all different with different policies and goals. Tmobile could just as easily be next as they could be last for all we know!

i am a super omega ultimate noob lv. -99. i am wondering how to check on the latest status of the GSIII stable roms. i would like to know if/when CM will get the roms first or if xda gets them first. i like stable roms because i am a noob. my noobness knows no bounds. please help. i do dontate. thank you.

You seem to be in approximately in the same boat as me, or in any case you will be in the same boat as me given a couple days worth of idle research. Hopefully you subscribed to the thread so you'll get this as an email reply.

Currently, there are a few roms: Cyanogenmod, AOKP, Paranoid Android, Stock, and variations of these 4. Cyanogenmod is as close to AOSP (google's definition of android) specifications as you can get. AOKP is based on cyanogenmod, but it has some other tweaks thrown in to make it look different and cool and whatnot. Paranoid Android is also based on cyanogenmod, but it is scalable. IE you can tell your apps how big/small you want them to be on your screen and put them into "tablet mode". The variations are the exact same thing, except they all have the specific users' own spin. Lets say I liked Cyanogenmod but I wanted a specific kernel and a couple of optimizations. I'd put those in, make it a ROM, and now that is my own "variation" of cyanogenmod, based on cyanogenmod.

Please understand that this is an extremely simplistic explanation of everything. EXTREMELY. you can go to the respective projects' chat rooms/forums and ask questions about them there, and sometimes even a lead developer will answer you.

Next is your question about getting roms. According to the android "licensing" or whatever you want to call it, companies who use android as their operating system are required to release a certain amount of source code for their device. I think what this means is that for Samsung, since they are currently officially on ICS, they have to release the ICS kernel. Sony is extremely nice and releases a butt-ton of information. The Nexus devices are google devices and adhere 100% to specifications, and thus are always ahead of the game when it comes to roms and such. For the GS3, we have to figure out what Samsung did to make their publically released source code run on their hardware. There are 2 ways to do this: you can either hack around and reverse engineer all of their hardware/drivers or you can create your own custom drivers for everything to run. If you have any experience with linux, you should know what a daunting task this is. Imagine plugging in your webcam to your computer and nothing happens. You know your computer can see it, but now you have to write the software for your computer to work with the webcam with little to no documentation provided by the webcam maker or the computer maker.

So, Right now no one "has roms" for the device. I'm not entirely sure how they managed to get jelly bean running on the GS3, but that is why nothing is definitely stable yet. Once samsung releases their code, they will be able to cross reference and see how they are doing things and fix a lot of issues, but for now everyone is approximately on the same page. There are minor bug fixes that happen here and there but nothing major will be happening any time soon.

There are a couple ways you can figure out the status of a ROM. you can either read the changelog (quick, not very helpful) or you can scan through the entire thread and read that day's activities (slow, very helpful).

For a quick tip, Cyanogenmod Build 25 (september 25th nightly) seems to be very stable. If you want to give any rom a shot and dont know which to try, CM is the way to go, and Build 25 is probably your best bet.

If stability or "daily driver" is a key issue for you, though, it is best to remain stock and deal with the gentle oversights of the stock rom and have it pretty stable than it is to go to cyanogenmod and instantly start tweaking everything.
    I don't know how I feel about this being a sticky and not at the very least leaving (possibly a combined) thread covering the leaks. :( I certainly don't come here much...