DONT Boot - Prestigio PMP5101C

Search This thread

dvd73

Oct 30, 2013
After a successful root I probably made mistake in editing "vold.fstab" (I want to change the sdcard1 for sdcard2) a tablet hangs when loading ( still spinning wheel and the system will not boot ) .

I download a recovery file by "nandroid" from some Czech Republic Android forum, put in on SD card but in CWM I'm still see that "restore not found". So I can not restore with this file.

Could someone help me?

Somebody said that update firmware can help, I have officialy firmware update in format img . PMP5101C_20131019_v1.0.8.img , but do the update through the program what official makes Prestigio requires the tablet is on (boot in system), which unfortunately is not possible .

Maybe it is possible to do it with RKAndroidTool, there can be tablet off (just turf off, push volume+ and connect cable) . But I dont know, what is the numbers in box " Address" for firmware update :(((

Alternatively, maybe somebody can create a update.zip file for me, that I can use in the CWM and make a update with this and overwrite the "vold.fstab" to the original.

If someone help , I also like to reward for PayPal.

I do not want have a tablet for 200 EUR as a paperweight.

Sorry for my poooor english.

Last edited:

M!KEY

Feb 26, 2013
@dvd73
Not sure if you managed to fix your problem.

I messed up my framework-res.apk trying to get usb tether enabled and my 5101C also did not boot.

I reflashed my rom to v.1.0.11 from the official website according the instructions provided and it was like new.
No need to start it up, you only need to get to flash mode by holding vol+ while pluging in the usb, then RKbatchtool will recognize your tablet.

@happy2help
Try updating your rom to v.1.0.11 and then flashing the CWM recovery. Then download the latest SuperSU zip from xda and install the zip, this worked for me.

Last edited:

saajmoon

Nov 27, 2013
After a successful root I probably made mistake in editing "vold.fstab" (I want to change the sdcard1 for sdcard2) a tablet hangs when loading ( still spinning wheel and the system will not boot ) .

I download a recovery file by "nandroid" from some Czech Republic Android forum, put in on SD card but in CWM I'm still see that "restore not found". So I can not restore with this file.

Could someone help me?

Somebody said that update firmware can help, I have officialy firmware update in format img . PMP5101C_20131019_v1.0.8.img , but do the update through the program what official makes Prestigio requires the tablet is on (boot in system), which unfortunately is not possible .

Maybe it is possible to do it with RKAndroidTool, there can be tablet off (just turf off, push volume+ and connect cable) . But I dont know, what is the numbers in box " Address" for firmware update :(((

Alternatively, maybe somebody can create a update.zip file for me, that I can use in the CWM and make a update with this and overwrite the "vold.fstab" to the original.

If someone help , I also like to reward for PayPal.

I do not want have a tablet for 200 EUR as a paperweight.

Sorry for my poooor english.

Ok, u must go to recovery. Volume + or - i dont remeber, and turn on tablet. When recovery apear, turn last position backup.... Prestigio have backup in system. When u do this, Android recovery to last what u doing. My English is worse as ur :D and i do this same too in this file. I think we can't change sdcard, system See microsd after Android turn on

Last edited: