S4 sucked, what to get now?

Search This thread

Shebee

Mar 9, 2008
The phone is fine BUT...
1) Rooting, flashing etc. was just too much of a hassle, and currently there is no way to root/flash without tripping a non-resettable flag losing warranty in the process.
2) The build quality is...

I'm looking for an alternative phone, the S4 was awesome except those two points. I like playing around with my phone (rooting and stuff) but build quality/durability is also very important.

What phones are there around? I'm thinking of getting a HTC One M8, but supposedly it's got bad quality control and you cannot achieve s off as of yet.
So what are my options?

Last edited:

Fantassy123

Sep 28, 2013
The phone is fine BUT...
1) Rooting, flashing etc. was just too much of a hassle, and currently there is no way to root/flash without tripping a non-resettable flag losing warranty in the process.

I'm looking for an alternative phone, the S4 was awesome except those two points. I like playing around with my phone (rooting and stuff) but build quality/durability is also very important.

What phones are there around? I'm thinking of getting a HTC One M8, but supposedly it's god bad quality control and you cannot achieve s off as of yet.

Well if you like to mess around with your phone, Try to buy a Nexus 5, Which is easy to root and has many different Roms even after a couple of years (2/3).

AASonyKK

May 31, 2010
Italy
The phone is fine BUT...

What phones are there around? I'm thinking of getting a HTC One M8, but supposedly it's god bad quality control and you cannot achieve s off as of yet.

The Nexus 5 is one of the most followed phone by devs of custom roms.

Jul 8, 2010
The phone is fine BUT...

Sounds like you would be happier with a unlocked nexus device. If you are like me and don't have 500+ to buy one of these, I'd go with the M8. It is a great phone and I am pretty sure they have it fully rooted. Obviously there isn't much out rom-wise for it but that will change.