Fixed for Kit Kat

Search This thread

eikast

Feb 22, 2012
So, I almost listened to the complaints on this forum and didn't buy the Nvidia shield. Glad that I did. First the SD card fix is an easy fix with root, second the emulator problems is a somewhat easy fix (but I expect it to be easy for those who visit this site).

The fix for emulators is to install an app like SetCpu and create a profile for when certain apps are active (non streaming games like android games and emulators. I left the governor at interactive (default), changed the minimum frequency to 918 MHz, and set the profile to highest priority.

I've been gaming for a few hours with emulators and haven't had any issues. By the way, the sd card fix that I used is NextApp SDFix.

For those or you who are worried about not having Nvidia accept an RMA due to you unlocking the bootloader, relax. Nvidia posted a blog bragging about how they left the shield open for developers and start that they reserve the right to refuse warranty services for people who may have damaged the hardware by using unsupported software (e.g. Damage the CPU by running the shield at insane voltages to achieve insane clock speeds).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DJFresh82

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, I almost listened to the complaints on this forum and didn't buy the Nvidia shield. Glad that I did. First the SD card fix is an easy fix with root, second the emulator problems is a somewhat easy fix (but I expect it to be easy for those who visit this site).

The fix for emulators is to install an app like SetCpu and create a profile for when certain apps are active (non streaming games like android games and emulators. I left the governor at interactive (default), changed the minimum frequency to 918 MHz, and set the profile to highest priority.

I've been gaming for a few hours with emulators and haven't had any issues. By the way, the sd card fix that I used is NextApp SDFix.

For those or you who are worried about not having Nvidia accept an RMA due to you unlocking the bootloader, relax. Nvidia posted a blog bragging about how they left the shield open for developers and start that they reserve the right to refuse warranty services for people who may have damaged the hardware by using unsupported software (e.g. Damage the CPU by running the shield at insane voltages to achieve insane clock speeds).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk