Search This thread

BeansTown106

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2011
BeanTown USA
CF-AUTO Root
By Chainfire
Ported To the Tab S 8.4 By:mad:BeansTown106

First off, Huge Thanks to Chainfire for coming up with AutoRoot & for his SuperSU App

Warning: I cannot be held responsible for anything you do to your phone, rooting is optional! This Does Trip The Knox Warranty Bit Built into the Bootloader of the Tab S 10.5

How To Enter Download Mode
Method 1: in command prompt or terminal on computer enter: adb reboot download
Method 2:Turn Off Tablet, Hold Volume Down + Power. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Rooting Instructions
1.Boot into Download mode (see methods above)
2.Flash CF_AutoRoot_Port_T700_BeansTown106.tar.md5 with Odin v3.09 (put in AP slot, don't change any other settings, click start)
3.Let it do its trick! Confirm root!
4.Reboot into recovery mode and confirm stock recoverys presence
That's all! Enjoy Root!

Download
FILENAME: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358557670

Please Keep in Mind i dont have this tab but would LOVE to develop on it!

If you haven't already, pick up a copy of SuperSU Pro to support Chainfire! Well worth the $2.49! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu.pro&hl=en

Last edited:

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
thank you beans !!

Was in the process of unpacking the cache.img (already modified recovery.img) to see what needed to be done.

You and Chainfire saved us a lot of time and allows us the true freedom of our device.

Now, off to build my kernel :)

TheOneChristo

Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Interesting - rooting cause my Samsung App store to download all the apps I had available to me....everything worked great though! Time to clean up.

HughesNet

Apr 3, 2013
try setting secure storae to false in build.prop iirc this remedys the situation on other samsung devices
Thank you for your suggestion. I gave it a shot but unfortunately no joy. I made the change and then rebooted. I then checked the build.prop in order to verify that the change was still there and it was. I rebooted one more time to ensure that I had a definite clean boot. through all of those reboots it forgot the wifi network every time. So unfortunately that change did not fix the issue. I can't help but wonder if there was some kind of a bug when it reflashed the recovery. I may repeat the root process to see if that fixes it. I have now set that back to true. The setting in question was ro. Securestorage.Support
I don't know if it matters but this is the 32gb model.

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

try setting secure storae to false in build.prop iirc this remedys the situation on other samsung devices

I reran the Odin process and unfortunately the WiFi issue remained. Just FYI. I have not yet rooted my 8.4 tablet for fear it will do the same thing as I assume there is no way backwards to remove the issue once it is there. Rather would have to wait on a fix for it. Given someone posted here in the 8.4 thread with the issue as well I assume it is possible it would crop on there like it did on my 10.5. May just have to wait till you get a unit of your own :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CF-AUTO Root
    By Chainfire
    Ported To the Tab S 8.4 By:mad:BeansTown106

First off, Huge Thanks to Chainfire for coming up with AutoRoot & for his SuperSU App

Warning: I cannot be held responsible for anything you do to your phone, rooting is optional! This Does Trip The Knox Warranty Bit Built into the Bootloader of the Tab S 10.5

How To Enter Download Mode
    Method 1: in command prompt or terminal on computer enter: adb reboot download
    Method 2:Turn Off Tablet, Hold Volume Down + Power. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Rooting Instructions
    1.Boot into Download mode (see methods above)
    2.Flash CF_AutoRoot_Port_T700_BeansTown106.tar.md5 with Odin v3.09 (put in AP slot, don't change any other settings, click start)
    3.Let it do its trick! Confirm root!
    4.Reboot into recovery mode and confirm stock recoverys presence
    That's all! Enjoy Root!

Download
    FILENAME: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358557670

Please Keep in Mind i dont have this tab but would LOVE to develop on it!

If you haven't already, pick up a copy of SuperSU Pro to support Chainfire! Well worth the $2.49! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu.pro&hl=en
    Worked like a charm.

FWIW: I had to hold down Power, Volume Down *and* Home to get to the Downloader.

Odin 3.09 can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2557972
    thank you beans !!

Was in the process of unpacking the cache.img (already modified recovery.img) to see what needed to be done.

You and Chainfire saved us a lot of time and allows us the true freedom of our device.

Now, off to build my kernel :)
    Hi. I bought tab s 8,4 lte and I can't boot in download mode. Pulse volume - and power and nothing.
    Pulse volume + + power and nothing.

You need to push POWER, VOL - and HOME together, at the same time, to enter download mode. Then you get the Warning screen and press VOL + to continue in download mode.

And by the way, if like me you try it and have nothing interesing to flash, you need to do the EXACT same thing to exit download mode !
    POWER, VOL - and HOME together to exit download mode... for about 8 to 10 seconds.

I usually pull the battery to exit download mode (GS3, GS4, etc), but I wasn't able to do it with this tablet :D

And to enter the recovery mode, you need to push POWER, VOL + and HOME together, at the same time. Once you see the boot screen, you release only the POWER button... With some practice, it gets easier...
    Not trying to be rude or sound like an ass, but seriously wondering. Why would one use autoroot to root any device? Wouldnt it just be as easy and more efficient to flash twrp via odin, then flash supersu. That way you also have a way to backup your system? What are the benefits to using the auto/cf-root method? Once again, not being sarcastic. I appreciate anything chainfire does, but i honestly see no benefit to using cf-autoroot. I have always installed TWRP first, via fastboot or odin, then flash supersu in it. To me, this seems the most logical way to do things. And, its more universal. Thanks

1. CF-AutoRoot was the first method to provide root here. The custom recoveries were a distant last.

2. There still will be some users who don't care for custom revovery, just to use their favorite root app. Not all are heavy tweakers, modders and flashaholics.