[DEVs ONLY]{ThinkTank} Android 4.0 IceCreamSandwich (ICS) SDK port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Install Ubuntu will not take long time. Around 15 mins with wubi and core i, also fast internet connection is good too. :D Chatting with aZuZu. He might take long time to download. :D

Don't use Wubi to install Ubuntu/Debian. It's better to just partition and create an ext4 filesystem than run off of NTFS.

For those that want to stick on Windows, just use Cygwin or similar to download the GIT repo (although the Cygwin download in itself is around 1GB).

I'll post the error as soon as I get it again, but it is ICS using the proprietary files from gingerbread. At least the ones that were tested working in the ports.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Code:
make: *** [out/target/product/mecha/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudio_intermediates/AudioHardware.o] Error 1

aZuZu

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 19, 2011
Zagreb
final stages of syncing :D

p.s.

Screenshot-1.png

Last edited:
That's a GCC error. Best post the error log from GCC, or try reverting to a previous GCC build and then run make.

I did the revert that is suggested to the previous gcc with Mac and It seems people are getting the same result until editing the audio Android.mk file.

aZuZu

Jan 19, 2011
Zagreb
anyone done with compile? ( if yes so that i can stop compile and wait for out folder :D)

LightInDark

Jan 17, 2011
Edinburgh
LG G4
LG V30
Hey i've tried to compile this but im getting an Ubuntu side error, says I need Java SE 1.6 but when it shows what Java version I have it says 1.6.. and even re installed the package it says to in the source.android.com site.

Any help? :( im new to the Dev scene but ive been experimenting alot and getting ICS onto X10 (Personally the best smartphone released) is something I wanna help with :)

I got everything done up to the compile, just ubuntu having trouble reading Java. Also cant get all the tools in the SDK to work, android command wont work, have to run the script to use it.

Thanks for help in advance.

Reactions: chriscx

aZuZu

Jan 19, 2011
Zagreb
Hey i've tried to compile this but im getting an Ubuntu side error, says I need Java SE 1.6 but when it shows what Java version I have it says 1.6.. and even re installed the package it says to in the source.android.com site.

Any help? :( im new to the Dev scene but ive been experimenting alot and getting ICS onto X10 (Personally the best smartphone released) is something I wanna help with :)

I got everything done up to the compile, just ubuntu having trouble reading Java. Also cant get all the tools in the SDK to work, android command wont work, have to run the script to use it.

Thanks for help in advance.

in build/core/main.mk

# Check for the correct version of java
java_version := $(shell java -version 2>&1 | head -n 1 | grep '^java .*[ "]1\.6[\. "$$]')
ifneq ($(shell java -version 2>&1 | grep -i openjdk),)
java_version := 1.6.0_22 << here write java version that pre-check reports that is wrong...
endif

Reactions: atanu89

NoSignal

Jun 11, 2008
Barnaul City
Take it easy.
Why do build the firmware, if not ready kernel, for this device?
In ICS uses kernel version 3.0, which can be downloaded from https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/common.git
First you need to modify the kernel to support our devices to add support for all drivers.
I think drivers can use the source code of SE. Need to revise the source code and adapt it to the source code ICS kernel.
Need to do a great job.

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Take it easy.
Why do build the firmware, if not ready kernel, for this device?
In ICS uses kernel version 3.0, which can be downloaded from https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/common.git
First you need to modify the kernel to support our devices to add support for all drivers.
I think drivers can use the source code of SE. Need to revise the source code and adapt it to the source code ICS kernel.
Need to do a great job.

well it is a BIG pain to even port 2.6.32 to x10... 3.0 kernel is more of a dream...

Reactions: atanu89

LightInDark

Jan 17, 2011
Edinburgh
LG G4
LG V30
Thanks i'll try that when I'm on ubuntu, also yeah this probably is far from usable on our device, most of the hardware wont work I'm guessing. But at least its a start, getting it working on a emulator, then getting to at least run on the X10, then working on getting everything to work. baby steps :)

tsuyo.kou

Oct 31, 2010
Nara
Kernel porting for X10 has very big problems.

I have been porting semc kernel 2.6.32 to X10 and almost done(enable booting) without KGSL(hw acceleration) and camera driver.

I'm now starting a PJ to port kernel 3.0 to X10.

Sent from my SO-01C using XDA App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ---[ UPDATE ]----

kindly refer to zdzihu's thread and help if u can!

---[ UPDATE ]----

so guys seeing that newest android version 4.0 was released a few hours back and the SDK is already available may be we can try a SDK port like the HC SDK port done by aZuZu...

some relevant links:

How to Test Drive Android Ice Cream Sandwich (AVD)
    Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich SDK System Dump
    [DUMP] ICS 4.0 Galaxy Prime System Dump

porting work going on for other devices:
    [DESIRE Z/G2] [ROM] Ice Cream SandWich sdk port

some files from the ICS SDK (images):
    ICS SDK ramdisk
    uploading the system.img and userdata.img

i think we can use the files from the AVD system/system dump and try porting it to x10... aZuZu, spaarc, cobrato, rdannar (among others) are already familiar with the libs which are specific for our device...

i invite all devs/advanced users to helpout in whichever way you can... lets show the community that the X10 is not dead!!!

what do u guys think?

i can help out with the ramdisk/kernel related aspects

P.S.: UNLESS U HAVE SOMETHING USEFUL TO CONTRIBUTE (DEVELOPMENT-WISE) PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD

general chit-chat regarding ICS can be kept in the following thread: Ice Cream Sandwich
    Kernel porting for X10 has very big problems.

I have been porting semc kernel 2.6.32 to X10 and almost done(enable booting) without KGSL(hw acceleration) and camera driver.

I'm now starting a PJ to port kernel 3.0 to X10.

Sent from my SO-01C using XDA App
    This is f***ing pissing me... :D

1. I'm telling to you all for last time...
    This is just hobby to me... ( I'm not developer 24/7 like J and i don't know some other ppl here)
    Type in google wiki Hobby and press enter, to see definition. :D

2. You can't compare Desire, N1 with X10 software side at least...
    3. Yes i work on ICS @ home not on work where i have a lot of time. Why? Because of s**ty laptop. ( 1.6 GHz, 256 MHz RAM and 30 GB HDD )

I have to reinstall ubuntu this wubi doesn't allow faster compile don't know why.. but it is pain in ass. Sound issuses well try use generic audio for compile. Gralloc / Copybit etc compiles ok to me don't know for rest of you... i have start upload v8 for lazy ppl which doesn't wanna fix thoose errors there :D oh yes CtsVerifier compiles ok with sun-java6.

i'm using SE Arc kernel build 4.0.1.C.1.9 which is 2.6.32 / HTC Wildfire S 2.6.35 / Commtiva 2.6.37 i hope 32 will work soon...
    The next person who writes inane bilge or Asks how far we come along OR asks if there is a build to try yet will get an automatic ban for the following

1. Not reading the rules
    2. Not reading thread title
    3. Annoying me

I have also deleted a few pages of chatter. if you beleive your post was deleted unfairly email me at the email in my siggy. i wont respond probably. It depends on how im feeling or how compelling your story is and If you are posting a thread about how terrible your plight in life is, you are required to make a post directly comparing how awful your situation is compared to a Darfur War Orphan, or you will be banned.

@Doomlord ,,,, please system dump for x10
    I'm ready to :):):):)

Just stop this

P.S.: UNLESS U HAVE SOMETHING USEFUL TO CONTRIBUTE (DEVELOPMENT-WISE) PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD