[Q] Issues installing Hyperdrive

Search This thread

muzz3256

Jan 25, 2008
So I've tried installing Hyperdrive multiple times on my S4 and I'm having issues. I bought the S4 used stock on the MK2 version. I rooted MK2 and then followed surges directions to upgrade to NC5 and retain my root. I currently am rooted running stock NC5 with Safestrap 3.72, and every time that I've created a ROM slot and attempted to install hyperdrive onto the phone, the aroma installer works great, I make sure that the ROM slot is active, and then I reboot. It boots up into the stock rom every time and the rom acts all glitchy and lags horribly. Also, if I plug a USB cable into the phone from the computer at that point, the phone just boot loops. I have followed the directions specifically for installing Hyperdrive to the letter multiple times, with no success. I end up going through surge's directions again to get to stock NC5 and then start all over again. Anyone have any clues what I'm doing wrong?

riker147

Jul 11, 2011
So I've tried installing Hyperdrive multiple times on my S4 and I'm having issues. I bought the S4 used stock on the MK2 version. I rooted MK2 and then followed surges directions to upgrade to NC5 and retain my root. I currently am rooted running stock NC5 with Safestrap 3.72, and every time that I've created a ROM slot and attempted to install hyperdrive onto the phone, the aroma installer works great, I make sure that the ROM slot is active, and then I reboot. It boots up into the stock rom every time and the rom acts all glitchy and lags horribly. Also, if I plug a USB cable into the phone from the computer at that point, the phone just boot loops. I have followed the directions specifically for installing Hyperdrive to the letter multiple times, with no success. I end up going through surge's directions again to get to stock NC5 and then start all over again. Anyone have any clues what I'm doing wrong?
You can't create Rom slots with 3.72. Can ONLY flash to the stock slot.

Sent from my NCC-1701

Reactions: muzz3256

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur

you need to research info more....

clearly stated tht 3.72 safestrap does not support rom slots or installs to rom slots. This safestrap was released for att versions and has some limitations running on verizon phones

muzz3256

Jan 25, 2008
So then I need to uninstall SafeStrap 3.72 and reinstall 3.71 correct? I was thinking that was the problem, but the Hyperdrive thread is a long thread and I didn't read it all.

muzz3256

Jan 25, 2008
So then how do I go about installing the latest hyperdrive that says it needs me to be on nc5?

muzz3256

Jan 25, 2008
Assuming you already have root, the only way is to the stock slot of Safestrap 3.72.

Sent from my NCC-1701

I am rooted and am currently running safestrap 3.72. I'll give it a shot. I was under the impression that you never install anything other than stock in the stock slot, but I'm new to safestrap. This all makes me miss my GS4..

Thanks for all the help.

Also, just to be clear, I'll need to install hyperdrive and the nc5 module correct?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium HD app

riker147

Jul 11, 2011
I am rooted and am currently running safestrap 3.72. I'll give it a shot. I was under the impression that you never install anything other than stock in the stock slot, but I'm new to safestrap. This all makes me miss my GS4..

Thanks for all the help.

Also, just to be clear, I'll need to install hyperdrive and the nc5 module correct?

Correct. You should also flash Superuser. Some have reported losing root after flashing.

Sent from my NCC-1701

Reactions: muzz3256

jaxomco

Sep 21, 2013
RLS 16.1 CWM Mod

Hi All, I am trying to upgrade from Hyperdrive RLS 9 to 16.1 on my S4. I am on MDK and using CWM as my recovery. I can see the RLS 16.1 ZIP file in my file manager and I can see it through CWM when I am running normally. The ZIP is loaded on the SD card on the phone.

The issue is when I boot into recovery and go into the clockwork folder to find the ZIP it doesn't show up. Not sure why CWM isn't seeing the ZIP files.

Any thoughts? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can't create Rom slots with 3.72. Can ONLY flash to the stock slot.

Sent from my NCC-1701
    So then I need to uninstall SafeStrap 3.72 and reinstall 3.71 correct? I was thinking that was the problem, but the Hyperdrive thread is a long thread and I didn't read it all.
    No. 3.71 isn't compatible with 4.4. You have to use 3.72 for KitKat Roms.

Sent from my NCC-1701
    So then how do I go about installing the latest hyperdrive that says it needs me to be on nc5?
    Assuming you already have root, the only way is to the stock slot of Safestrap 3.72.

Sent from my NCC-1701

Thanks for all the help.

Correct. You should also flash Superuser. Some have reported losing root after flashing.

Sent from my NCC-1701