[Updated 26-Sep-2009] CRCs Release 13.5 - Stable Thread (Build 20270)

Search This thread

zocster

Apr 21, 2008
Christchurch
andyghozali.info
Hi CRC, hi all,

is there a possibility to get the Cab files available in Device update offline to install via UC for example.
Since i have no WLAN connection here in office and really looking forward to flash the new 13.0 stable!
Thanks in advance
Hype

Activesync is another option, but use caution otherwise you will have to wait to do it at home or where it is available.

zocster

Apr 21, 2008
Christchurch
andyghozali.info
I take it that's an answer to my second question, not my first?

So, I am assuming that the DU version will only install to the device (not the storage card)... is that correct?

As far as I could remember you are correct, I no longer running this ROM, as I can't live without the outlook enhancement features 20273 onwards has ... but yeah you are right.

KroneHead

May 21, 2007
Sydney
Page file sizing?

Guys, in this ROM CRC has advised the page file be set at 2mb, what will happen if I increase to 4 or 8mb?

Will it speed up or slow down performance etc?

Cheers,

KH

zocster

Apr 21, 2008
Christchurch
andyghozali.info
Guys, in this ROM CRC has advised the page file be set at 2mb, what will happen if I increase to 4 or 8mb?

Will it speed up or slow down performance etc?

Cheers,

KH

Hmm, I think he's toyed with that when he packaged the ROM, so I don't think you need to worry about that, but if you want to try I don't think it's gonna brick it, you will probably lose some RAM.

Hype2k

May 11, 2007
Activesync is another option, but use caution otherwise you will have to wait to do it at home or where it is available.

Unfortunately this will not work here in office since i have to use a proxy server to connect to the internet. Or is there a possibility??
Thanks for your answer before.

cio

Feb 25, 2007
Ontinyent
How do you mean it disappeared? under programs should be, what version did you download?

I downloaded the naked bigstorage, but I accidentally unchecked it in activesync. Since that moment, the program blew away. Since I had all info backed up, I've done a hard reset, but it would be nice having that cab avaliable because someone would make same mistake. Thank you.

zocster

Apr 21, 2008
Christchurch
andyghozali.info
I downloaded the naked bigstorage, but I accidentally unchecked it in activesync. Since that moment, the program blew away. Since I had all info backed up, I've done a hard reset, but it would be nice having that cab avaliable because someone would make same mistake. Thank you.

I will try to get hold of CRC :) and ask his permission as per my reply above. I think he's on holiday as per his reply on other thread.

CRCinAU

Oct 29, 2007
Melbourne
www.crc.id.au

If it's gone completely (ie not even in the remove programs part), then you'll find the CAB file in \Windows called "CRCs Device Update.cab"

It's there as a failsafe.

CRCinAU

Oct 29, 2007
Melbourne
www.crc.id.au
Hmm if you ask CRCinAU nicely I may put up all his DU files on my 4shared, until then I have no authority in doing so ;)

Sure - go nuts... I was hesitating on linking to just one of my servers for people to download from - and at the moment, I don't have a load balancing script to stop the load all going to one server....

If you want to host them elsewhere, then be my guest - as all the CABs are obviously DU compatible.

Hype2k

May 11, 2007
Sure - go nuts... I was hesitating on linking to just one of my servers for people to download from - and at the moment, I don't have a load balancing script to stop the load all going to one server....

If you want to host them elsewhere, then be my guest - as all the CABs are obviously DU compatible.

Big Thanks CRC,
that sounds great...
And happy holiday if you are there....

Rergards,
Hype

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Release 13.5 now available.

Hi guys,

Release 13.5 (26 Sep 2009):
    * Fixed GPS intermediate driver for Windows Managed External GPS units (Start -> Settings -> Connections -> External GPS)
    * Fixed random silences of notifications etc.

Enjoy! :)