[App] [01/26/2009] TouchResponse 0.3.2 - Vibrate on touch

Search This thread

MontAlbert

Jan 10, 2007
working fine on my trinity. led 1. don't have touchflo running but works fine with FTouchSL. have not had any problems at all....

Not sure what the LED setting means but it works fine so am not gonna pay with it :D

mr_deimos

Nov 22, 2007
The LED setting is the effect of lack of a single standard. Some time ago, PDA's (without phone module) used only LEDs (light emitting diodes, in case you don't know what it is) to signal device state to the user. Different devices could have different number of leds, and use them for different functions, so system "sees" them only by their number - led0, led1, etc. If 00 is the power led, a notification led, or something completely different is device-dependent. Things got worse when pda's got phone modules. Since they became phones, people wanted to have all functions phones can offer, including vibration alarm. Someone came up with a good idea to hook up the vibration motor instead of one of the signal leds. This way existing API could be used without any modifictions, and there was no need to modify the OS at all. And everything would be great if everyone connected the vibe as the same led number. But there's no unified standard and every company hooks it up differently. Probably it's part manufacturers' fault since they seem to connect vibra and LEDs randomly, partially it's microsoft's fault, since they don't even propose standard LED layout. So now we do have easy access to vibration motors from programs, as long as we know where to look for them.
If your device has vibration alarm, this program will probably work. You'll just need to experiment with different LED numbers. Some can light up ledss on your device, some won't do anything at all, and only one will activate vibration. So if you found it, you can stop looking ;)

Biker1

Oct 28, 2008
Thank you for the detailed info.
Good to know.
I did not know the story behind the LED value.
I thought that if the vibrate was intermittent regarding intensity, a change in the value would correct this issue.
But now I know that the value you choose either activates vibrate upon touch or it doesn't.
Btw, the LED value on my Sprint Touch Diamond is 1.

Last edited:

mr_deimos

Nov 22, 2007
A little proposal, Snailslug: since this program is getting a lot of attention and the tread grows really fast (23 pages in 5 days? Not bad :D ), how about editing the first post with a list of devices that are confirmed to work along with their proper led numbers? This way you might get _a bit_ less questions like "hi, i'm to lazy to search the tread so pls tell me what led num should i set for xxxx?" ;)
So Toshiba g900 - as i said before works great, LED#0

smotrs

Nov 16, 2008
So. Calif.
A little proposal, Snailslug: since this program is getting a lot of attention and the tread grows really fast (23 pages in 5 days? Not bad :D ), how about editing the first post with a list of devices that are confirmed to work along with their proper led numbers? This way you might get _a bit_ less questions like "hi, i'm to lazy to search the tread so pls tell me what led num should i set for xxxx?" ;)
So Toshiba g900 - as i said before works great, LED#0
Yeah, and word it just like that. :)

fr4nk1yn

Aug 1, 2008
Norfolk
I have a little OCD with "odd" numbers and thought the 1ms increments wasn't necessary.
I'm now set at 17ms and that 2 extra made a "big" difference.

hootie

Dec 2, 2007
Madison
Cingular 8125 = ID #1

I was having some issues with returning to the Today screen (ie not being able to get back), but I have soft reset a couple of times and seems good now. I will post back after using for a while and keep my eye out for new versions. It seems like people are really liking this little app.

I PM'd you but will list LED ID here also. Cingular 8125 = ID #1

Thanks for the cool app and keep the updates coming.

churka

Feb 27, 2008
Maybe the next version could allow ftouchflo to be used? I'm guessing they use the same driver which is what causes the conflict. Great program. BTW, churka, just wanna make sure ur not confusing ftouchflo with touchflo (as in manila 2d or 3d). ftouchflo is just a finger scrolling app. touchflo works fine.

Yea, I know. I disabled Touch Flo temporarily and this feedback is awesome. Feels exactly like the instinct at 25ms

Blazeitup123

Jun 18, 2008
Saskatoon
working great on my diamond. 18ms feels just like teeter.

long vibraton issue is greatly reduced. only one out of 50 taps. don't know about the led setting, just works as is.

HIGH FIVE!

smotrs

Nov 16, 2008
So. Calif.
Yea, I know. I disabled Touch Flo temporarily and this feedback is awesome. Feels exactly like the instinct at 25ms

Not exactly, but very nice. I'm hoping Snail can make some adjustments in future releases to make it even more realistic like the Instinct's Press/Release feeling. I know he's posted that he wants to get it as stable as he can for all devices before adding features (message #172). So I'm just gonna continue to enjoy what we have and wait. :)

superpc

Jul 31, 2008
great applications, now i don't miss my sold omnia that much. looking forward to a version with exception list, thanks for this!
btw if anyone wonders, i still have yet to notide any battery draining issue :D

tepss

Dec 3, 2007
How does it influence battery and life of haptic engine itself? IE is it safe? Work great but what are the consequences?

agdaniels

Nov 9, 2008
very excited about this app, many thanks snail

any new news about getting it running with the leaked verizon rom? 50ms is a little much for each keypress :p

stixnstownes

Dec 15, 2007
Orlando
works great on my 8525
any chance of getting it to work with ftouchflo? i can't live without it
scrollbar on the side sucks
i love this feature but i would love it more if i could have both ;)