Anyone else having issues with Dropbox on SlimKat?

Search This thread

Draxin

Mar 31, 2012
Oregon
As the title suggests, Dropbox won't work for me on slimkat.

When I try to sign in I get a quick toast telling me dropbox has stopped working then *poof* app drawer. I have restored it from TiBu with and without data, wiped the data, and installed from the app store, all to no avail. I have searched around, and found the random odd person having the same issue with dropbox or Google+ but, it sounds like wiping data fixed their problems. they were also on official Ports. Dropbox still works great on my stock ROM.

xt912
Slimkat 4.4.2. build 23 I think (whichever one was released 20140320)
SlimGapps
jbx kernel 2014-03-23

I have not run into any other issues with other apps (just occasional lag) and this is the first time I have installed a custom ROM on this phone, so don't know if previous versions of SlimKat would cause this issue with me, just wondering if anyone else had run into this, and if so,how did you fix it?

*edit* Scratch that, also found that poweramp will freeze the ROM when the screen goes off requiring a hardreset. Did a little looking and, sounds like that is a fairly common problem right now with 4.4.

Thanks.

Last edited:

tydiamond11

Feb 3, 2013
Texas
www.geotrekweb.com
I have not seen anything like the Dropbox app crash I just re downloaded it and tried the app and like you said it crashes instantly maybe a app issue. the last one though idk I listen to music lots of times and my phone has not done that in a long time

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Draxin

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011

When I try to sign in I get a quick toast telling me dropbox has stopped working then *poof* app drawer. I have restored it from TiBu with and without data, wiped the data, and installed from the app store, all to no avail. I have searched around, and found the random odd person having the same issue with dropbox or Google+ but, it sounds like wiping data fixed their problems. they were also on official Ports. Dropbox still works great on my stock ROM.

xt912
SlimGapps
jbx kernel 2014-03-23

I have not run into any other issues with other apps (just occasional lag) and this is the first time I have installed a custom ROM on this phone, so don't know if previous versions of SlimKat would cause this issue with me, just wondering if anyone else had run into this, and if so,how did you fix it?

*edit* Scratch that, also found that poweramp will freeze the ROM when the screen goes off requiring a hardreset. Did a little looking and, sounds like that is a fairly common problem right now with 4.4.

Thanks.
Dropbox, as well as music are working fine for me. Slimkat+JBX

Try wiping cache & dalvik again.
For dropbox don't restore it, perform a fresh download from Play store and see if it works.

As for, poweramp, I can't be sure 'cause I don't use it. However, wiping dalvik might fix that too. Just to confirm, you're not trying to play .flac or other lossless format.? 'Cuase that is an issue with KitKat Roms.

Reactions: Draxin

Draxin

Mar 31, 2012
Oregon

For dropbox don't restore it, perform a fresh download from Play store and see if it works.

As for, poweramp, I can't be sure 'cause I don't use it. However, wiping dalvik might fix that too. Just to confirm, you're not trying to play .flac or other lossless format.? 'Cuase that is an issue with KitKat Roms.

No difference on Dropbox. I uninstalled what I had, wiped dalvik & cache, reinstalled fresh from play store and same thing (I had already tried that before).
I can still get to Dropbox through FX so it really isn't that big of deal.

With Poweramp I will have to play with it when I get off work. No, no lossless formats, MP3 only. I don't have any problem playing anything, it is just when I shut the screen off while music is playing, sometimes I will get a skipping type sound that repeats before finally quitting. Sometimes music will just stop playing. Either way though, hardware buttons will not wake the phone, absolutely no response. I have to press down vol up and down, and the power button for a reboot.

Draxin

Mar 31, 2012
Oregon
Long story short, tried a couple different things, including another dalvik and cache wipe, and it would still freeze.

So after giving up, I went ahead and did a full wipe and partition setup to install the jbx update. After everything is done, Poweramp works with the screen off. Don't know what happened or what I had done to it, but it is undone now.

Dropbox still doesn't work *shrug* Can't win them all :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have not seen anything like the Dropbox app crash I just re downloaded it and tried the app and like you said it crashes instantly maybe a app issue. the last one though idk I listen to music lots of times and my phone has not done that in a long time

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

xt912
    SlimGapps
    jbx kernel 2014-03-23

Thanks.