[TUT] Easy steps to make Rogers/Fido Call Display works + List of ROMs for CANADIANS.

Search This thread

pandaboyy

Dec 10, 2006
Montreal
Update 2009/04/12

Here is a working cab to enable "Rogers/Fido Call Display" by Captain_Throwback. This cab has been tested and proven to work with many ROMs. I've personally tested it on "Energy" and "RoMEOs" ROMs and it work like a miracle. A big bravo to you, Captain

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The QUICK/EASY method on Post #14 only work for ELITE RC2 (cab file included)

----------ROMs that work for Raphael----------
NATF's v4
Lantis OS 21009 AKU 1.5.0 v3.00
RRE Canadian 4.1
PROven ROM 1.12
Elite RC3 will include this option
For Da_G ROM and Shipped ROM, you simply have to replace the dll file

----------This is how you do it, for chefs----------

After 33 hours straight non-sleep, and plenty of pm to Da_G and NATF, I can proudly say that we've found the perfect answer for this problem
and finally we can put an end to this question "how to make Rogers/Fido Call display to work?"

I've tested this and believe that this solutions may work for any ROM. So far I've tested with 2 of NATF's ROMs, but I need someone to test
this on Kaiser and other device as well. You don't need to used a Shipped ROM, but you can apply these step to any of your favorite ROM.

2 simple steps in summary:
First you need to cook rilphone.dll file into your ROM in the folder /OEM/OEMDrivers/

Second, you need to change the file that setup all the registry key to your device when you flash
For Fuze (may be different for Kaiser), this is the file: /OEM/OEMDrivers/de3f3189-9f71-4162-9f26-39393dcc8c94.rgu
(I attach the original file from Da_G's clean ROM)You can either just replace this file or simply go in the file and Make
sure that all lines related to these regs are the same as the one I've posted here (took from Da_G's ROM)
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\RIL]
POST #12 includes all registry lines that I've modified
The Files are attached.

----------How to cook rilphone.dll into your favorite ROM, from Da_G's words----------

Code:
[B][COLOR="Indigo"]-=01=-[/COLOR][/B] Download a ROM Kitchen for your device, for Fuze is RaphaelKitchen
[B][COLOR="Indigo"]-=02=-[/COLOR][/B] Extract Kitchen
[B][COLOR="Indigo"]-=03=-[/COLOR][/B] Copy your favorite ROM *.nbh file into \BaseROM\ folder (from extracted Kitchen)
[B][COLOR="Indigo"]-=04=-[/COLOR][/B] Rename your *.nbh file to RUU_Signed.nbh
[B][COLOR="Indigo"]-=05=-[/COLOR][/B] Launch "RaphaelKitchen.CMD" from *Kitchen\ folder
[B][COLOR="Indigo"]-=06=-[/COLOR][/B] choose "e" for extract, then "a" for from BaseROM "RUU_Signed.nbh
(if everything work so far, your dos should be running on it own now)
[B][COLOR="Indigo"]-=07=-[/COLOR][/B] When it's done, check if you have these three main Folders 
     +/OEM
     +/SYS
     +/ROM 
(make sure they are not empty or only have 1 sub folder. if this is the case, 
then your favorite ROM is protected... ask the cook nicely to share with you 
those 3 folders)
[B][COLOR="Indigo"]-=08=-[/COLOR][/B] replace these 3 files into /OEM/OEMDrivers/
      [URL="http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=141542&d=1230689478"]+"rilphone.dll[/URL]", 
      [URL="http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=141541&d=1230689478"]+"de3f3189-9f71-4162-9f26-39393dcc8c94.rgu"
      +"de3f3189-9f71-4162-9f26-39393dcc8c94.dsm"[/URL]
[COLOR="Red"][B][SIZE="2"]It's recommended that you modify the *.rgu file instead of replacing it for a moded ROM, 
because of all the tweaks chefs have added.)
For list of registries that I've changed in the *.rgu file, [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3106249&postcount=12"]READ POST #12[/URL][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR="Indigo"]-=09=-[/COLOR][/B] Launch "RaphaelKitchen.CMD" from *Kitchen\ folder again
[B][COLOR="Indigo"]-=10=-[/COLOR][/B] chose "cf" for cook and flash a ROM, then "b" for "if you want to use the 
new BuildOS+Package..."
[B][COLOR="Indigo"]-=11=-[/COLOR][/B] Ervius Package _tool+BuildOS windows will launch, choose "BuilOS" tab
[B][COLOR="Indigo"]-=12=-[/COLOR][/B] click on "Load ROM", now choose your Kitchen/ Folder where you have 
OEM/ROM/SYS folder, then click ok
[B][COLOR="Indigo"]-=13=-[/COLOR][/B] Click on RUN, once it finished loading the ROM. When you see the 
word "Done" Close Ervius by clicking on the "X" button
(your DOS will run again, and ask you to press any key to start... Press 
the "any key" :p )
[B][COLOR="Indigo"]-=14=-[/COLOR][/B] While it's running, it will open a tables with a bunch of numbers that 
you don't understand 
(it's checking the memory)... just close it by clicking on the "x" button.
(your Dos will run again, till you get your favorite Flash Window come up... 
from here, you're on your own)

Don't forget to HardSPL your device before FLashing your device.

Let us know if this method work for you.
I'm also inviting all the Chefs to join the fun and provide us a Canadian version.

----------Credits----------
This tweak isn't perfect, but took me a while to make Rogers/Fido Display work. However I wouldn't be able to get this far without the helps of Da_G, NATF, trueg and a bunch of other people that I've bugged.

At least give some credits to those who have spent so much time to make this finally happened. Like Da_G said, a donation isn't required, but always appreciated.

Donate

Also, thank nitroblu and y2whisper and other Canadian users who has tested and post their results

There were many bounty offering for this discovery, but none of them keep their words... so disappointed... anyway

----------Found issues----------
1- Does not work while MSVC phone notification is activate.
2- May have issues with QuickGPS (not yet confirmed)
3- It froze my device every-time I run it with spb Wireless (need confirmation)

Attachments

• rilphone.zip
    187.5 KB · Views: 116
  • de3f3189-9f71-4162-9f26-39393dcc8c94.zip
    36.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

talonrob

Mar 8, 2008
Toronto
Hi pandaboyy,

Thanks for doing all the hard work. I am in Toronto and use Rogers and ever since I got my Tilt2 earlier this year I have been missing the name display. I just got my Fuze from the states today and installed NATF v3.2 rom. I look forward to having name display working again.

Just one question: any way to put this in a cab or build it into NAFT roms?

Thanks again.

Rob.

pandaboyy

Dec 10, 2006
Montreal
Hi pandaboyy,

Thanks for doing all the hard work. I am in Toronto and use Rogers and ever since I got my Tilt2 earlier this year I have been missing the name display. I just got my Fuze from the states today and installed NATF v3.2 rom. I look forward to having name display working again.

Just one question: any way to put this in a cab or build it into NAFT roms?

Thanks again.

Rob.

Hey Rob,
I was about going to TO today to celebrate New Year Eve, but since I didn't sleep I got lazy out and drop the plan (true story). I don't think a cab would do the job. Da_G did explain it, but trust me, I still don't understand why
Yes, the reason my method does not work is because the rilphone.dll is not signed with a trusted certificate as I stated..
And since I'm far from a chef, I really don't know how to cook a cab :p sorry.

However, try the cooking process that I mentioned in the first post. It's as easy as 1-2-3 and it's fun to start understand a little bit how your device work. Once you open the "de3f3189-9f71-4162-9f26-39393dcc8c94.rgu" file, you'll see that's the whole reg setting of your device. This may helps in the future, because you can actually customize your ROM so that whenever you re-flash it, your reg is already added.

Just try the Kitchen_Raphael (it's small and very easy). It'll take you about 15min to do the whole thing... with NAFT's permission, I'll try to release v3.2 with Rogers display. However, here is a good news for you; NATF is trying to release the first Canadian ROM :p very soon

pandaboyy

Dec 10, 2006
Montreal
Help me to Help you

I was trying change the entry in de3f3189-9f71-4162-9f26-39393dcc8c94.rgu file instead of replacing it to keep all the Tweaks that NATF has done. However, I come up with this error when I tried to build the ROM
"Error building default.hv and user.hv! (see "BuildOS-log.TXT")
I take a look at the file again, and I don't see any important different except for the file properties (ignore the size). Look at the image. The working file is hidden and the hidden option is disable. The non-working file is hidden, but not disable
how do I change make the file hidden and disable the option? I know that DOS can do it, but I just don't know the command.

EDIT---------------------- Solved the problem, but still want to know how to disable Hidden option-----------------------
Ok, I've read several post around the forum, and quite honestly, it didn't help much.
so I did a trial and error... If you want to edit your the de3f3189-9f71-4162-9f26-39393dcc8c94.rgu instead of replacing it, Don't overwrite the file.
1- After you finish to edit save it with another name eg: de3f3189-9f71-4162-9f26-39393dcc8c94_test.rgu.
2- Delete the original file (or move it somewhere else to be sure)
3- Rename your test file to the original name: de3f3189-9f71-4162-9f26-39393dcc8c94.rgu
4- Right click on the file, Properties then make it Hidden
(You may find this funny, but this is my amateur way) :p

Attachments

• little-problem.jpg
    little-problem.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

pandaboyy

Dec 10, 2006
Montreal
that file has system attributes. run this from command prompt to remove all attributes & locked attributes.

attrib -s -h -r -a filename.ext

your rgu file must hv unicode encoding, REGEDIT4 in line 1 & blank space on last line to avoid rgucomp error.
Hope this helps.

You mean
attrib +s +h +a filename.ext
then leave 1 empty line on the last line... do I have to add 1 space as well?

pandaboyy

Dec 10, 2006
Montreal
Ok, I have successfully change the rgu file. It's one of these Lines, but I don't know which yet and I have no energy today to test 1 by 1 again... so if you can test it for me it would be great

Here are the lines that I've changed to make Call display work

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL]    ; for HTCmaskW1
   "HTCmaskW1"=dword:1871
   "HTCmaskW1BitMask"=dword:FFFFFF

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL]    ;for A5/2, A5/3
   "En52"=dword:1   ; A5/2
   "En53"=dword:1   ; A5/3

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL]    ;for remove RX Diversity
   "RMRXDiv"=dword:0   ; Enable

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\RIL]
   "DisH"=dword:2

"DisableAutoPickupAtSilentMode"=dword:1      ;disable by default

add ---> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\RIL\APIInfo\69]
    "Timeout"=dword:7918 ; 31 sec.  

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\RIL\APIInfo\82]
    "Timeout"=dword:1D4C0 ; 120 sec.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\RIL\APIInfo\81]
    "Timeout"=dword:1D4C0 ; 120 sec.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\RIL\RemoteCalltype]
    "CalltypeDLL"=" PTTCalltypeCallback.dll"    ; DLL containing the callback routine

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies]
"0000100c"=dword:800    ;Service Loading (SL) Message Policy

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\RIL\OperatorContexts\20801] ;Orange FR
"GPRSContextNumber"=dword:2
"UMTSContextNumber"=dword:2	

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\RIL\OperatorContexts\20810] ;SFR (Voda FR)
"GPRSContextNumber"=dword:2
"UMTSContextNumber"=dword:2

"BattSuspendTimeoutBackup"=dword:3C
"BatteryTimeoutBackup"=dword:1E
"BattSuspendTimeoutInCall"=dword:30
"BatteryTimeoutInCall"=dword:30
"EnableIMSIAttachedIcon"=dword:1

Perhaps someone can pick this up for me since I'm not much of a registry guy.

pandaboyy

Dec 10, 2006
Montreal
Here is a weird thing that I found about this Tweak
When someone call, the ID will display and all... However, in Call history, it will only display the caller Name if it's a missed call. If you answer it, then it won't show the name ID in call history, but only the number... I'm testing it with FuzeBerry v6 theme. Can anyone confirm this?

and if you know how to fix this, it would be great

pandaboyy

Dec 10, 2006
Montreal
Ok, for this tutorial, I deserved a kiss

History:
you all know how I didn't sleep for 2 days just to find what needed to be done to make it work. Now after my 10hr sleep and a bunch of parties for new years, I finally found a way to do this without cooking anything. I need someone to test it for me thou. I've tested on NATF's and Elite's ROM and it works. If this work, a thank you would do.

The Basic:
The Main idea to make this work is to replace the rilphone.dll file and add some registry into it, like I was explained in the first post. Some people claimed that those files need to be cooked in, well, you don't however, you can't just replace rilphone.dll it just doesn't work that way. But I found a way

So How to do it?
1- Download rilphone+reg.zip file from this post
2- Extract the file and you'll find
+rilphone.dll
+rilphone2.dll
+rilphone.reg
3- Copy rilphone2.dll into your Device in \Windows\ folder
4- Copy rilphone.reg anywhere
5- Importe rilphone.reg to your registry (I used resco registry to do this)
6- Change this registry from your device
"Dll"="rilphone2.dll"
7- reboot
8- copy rilphone.dll into your device \Windows\ folder
9- Change the registry back to
"Dll"="rilphone.dll"
10- Soft Reset
11- Delete rilphone2.dll
12- Soft Reset
13- Give me a hug

***Please report which ROM have you tried this method with and if it works or not***
--------Edit---------
Ok, so it doesn't work for every ROM. It worked with Elite RC2, thou... I'll give it more tries tonight. Stay Tune :p
If you want to try this process, please make backup of rilphone.dll first
And please try to put step 5 at the end.
Instead of trying all this, try the cab on post #26... if it doesn't work, just uninstall it. Backup rilphone.dll first. Worst case, just do a hard reset.
---------------------
--------ROM tested with cab-------
- Elite RC2 -> Work
- Proven 1.08 -> did not work
- Romeo -> did not work
-------- I'm sick of flashing and hard reset, so I'll stop here. If you're already on other ROM. let me know.

Attachments

• rilphone+reg.zip
    393 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

pandaboyy

Dec 10, 2006
Montreal
Good to see you we're able to get this working.

I didn't modify any part of the RGU file in OEMDrivers, so I'm just gonna drop the new DLL and the RGU/DSM you provided here into my v4.0 kitchen.

Ya, it should work... however, can you check if the RGU/DSM file didn't affect QuickGPS? I didn't make any change there, but just check for sure.

Finally, I can sleep with ease now...
My next wish, somebody make a cab or 2 to make my previous post easier :p

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Only problem with non-cook method will be, if target ROM is not cert patched, or doesn't have certificate loaded from rilphone.dll signature it will refuse to load rilphone.dll due to not being signed with a trusted cert..