[Q] Getting another N5

Search This thread

Inpain

Aug 22, 2011
Kuwait
Hi all :)

So, 2 months ago i had a Nexus 5, and ofcourse, i had the popular issue of people not hearing me very well when i call them or they call me.

I have a Galaxy Note 3 atm, and a friend of mine ordered a new Nexus 5 from the U.S, and he offered to swap it for my Note 3.

My question is, is that issue still present in the nexus 5 sets ? Or did Google fix it already ?

Thank you :fingers-crossed:

PhilipTD

Dec 17, 2010
LI
Google Pixel 6 Pro

So, 2 months ago i had a Nexus 5, and ofcourse, i had the popular issue of people not hearing me very well when i call them or they call me.

I have a Galaxy Note 3 atm, and a friend of mine ordered a new Nexus 5 from the U.S, and he offered to swap it for my Note 3.

My question is, is that issue still present in the nexus 5 sets ? Or did Google fix it already ?

Never had the problem. Got mine in October.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK

You're not expecting LTE to work are you?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland

I hope you're getting some cash as well... phone for phone isn't a very good deal for you in this case. The Note 3 retails for a lot more than what the N5 does.

Edit: Also, I never had the problem you described. Everyone always says I sound super clear to them, like I'm on a landline.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
I hope you're getting some cash as well... phone for phone isn't a very good deal for you in this case. The Note 3 retails for a lot more than what the N5 does.

The note 3 is used though and the nexus 5 new. Suppose it depends how used the note 3 is.

Op, make a call on the n5 before accepting the n5. I read a funny thread the other day about someone who has a certain pitch of voice that phones interpret his voice as "noise" so noise cancellation removes his voice from phone calls ;)

Reactions: Zepius

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
The note 3 is used though and the nexus 5 new. Suppose it depends how used the note 3 is.

Op, make a call on the n5 before accepting the n5. I read a funny thread the other day about someone who has a certain pitch of voice that phones interpret his voice as "noise" so noise cancellation removes his voice from phone calls ;)

I saw that as well, had a little chuckle :)

Reactions: danarama

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland

Oh man that's hilarious! Sucks to be that guy lol

Good point about it being used, I didn't think about that. OP should still look and see what used Note 3s are going for, I'd imagine it's still more than a new N5.

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK
I had a used T-Mobile Note 3 that was in good condition and I traded it for a brand new black, 32gb Nexus 5 plus $150 cash. I believe a used Note 3 is about $500-550 and a brand new (never opened) Nexus 5 32gb is $400 (not including tax and shipping from the play store). The OP has to take in consideration which gigabyte version he's getting with the trade to get a fair dollar amount.

sent from my neXus 5

Last edited:

Inpain

Aug 22, 2011
Kuwait
I'm trading it for a 32GB Nexus 5, Black

I know my Note 3 is worth more, but he's my lifetime friend so i'm not going to take anything on top of his N5 :)

So far only 2 peeps answered my question, others are more concerned about cash on top and blah blah... silly :p

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK

I know my Note 3 is worth more, but he's my lifetime friend so i'm not going to take anything on top of his N5 :)

So far only 2 peeps answered my question, others are more concerned about cash on top and blah blah... silly :p

I thought your question was already answered. Even you confirmed that "2 peeps" answered your question. Are you looking for a poll?

I haven't had any issues other than when you make a phone call every now and then the call doesn't go through and you have to switch to AIRPLANE mode for about 10 seconds for the call to go through.

sent from my neXus 5

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland

With all due respect, I only mentioned the extra cash to help you.

Reactions: OuncE718

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
The noise cancellation issue can be temporarily fixed by editing your build prop if rooted, or simply covering up the secondary mic.

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
Really? Whats the edit please?

Apologies I'm unable to find the post at this moment. One of the many microphone threads, I was going to suggest they cover the secondary mic as a temporary solution when someone else uneventfully posted that one line in the build prop disables noise cancellation and fixes the issue. I will keep searching and edit this if I find it.

Inpain

Aug 22, 2011
Kuwait
The build.prob edit did not fix the issue to a lot of N5 owners...

So i guess that issue iss till around in few N5 sets, let's hope the one i'm getting is OK :(

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
You can disabled noise cancelation in build.prop

change...

persist.audio.fluence.voicecall=true

to false

Thanks for that. Sorry, I ran out of clicky-thanks.

Edit > Well assuming that works, please find attached a flashable zip to achieve it.

Attachments

• Off_NoiseCancellation_Incalls.zip
    142.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reactions: WarRaven and aramil

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can disabled noise cancelation in build.prop

change...

persist.audio.fluence.voicecall=true

to false

Thanks for that. Sorry, I ran out of clicky-thanks.

Edit > Well assuming that works, please find attached a flashable zip to achieve it.

I saw that as well, had a little chuckle :)

Oh man that's hilarious! Sucks to be that guy lol

Good point about it being used, I didn't think about that. OP should still look and see what used Note 3s are going for, I'd imagine it's still more than a new N5.

With all due respect, I only mentioned the extra cash to help you.