[App] SyncIt Public Beta

Search This thread

timtlm

Mar 17, 2008
St Louis
So, I came back to this app finally to see if I could get it working. I even bought the pro update, but still no go. I now have an HP Touchpad, and my Evo 4G. I've been trying to test a text file with "Test1", "Test2" inside the text file sequentially. It will upload the file from one device and it will look correct on dropbox, but when I open the app on the other device it will download, but the text file will say {"error": "File not found"}. Then if I go back into syncit, it will see that bad file as the newer version and upload it and then the original device will download it and replace the original. So, basically it will end up being an endless cycle of bad data being downloaded.

I have also tested this with the angry birds example, and basically the same thing happens except it completely wipes out the save data each time.

regorthegreat

Jun 22, 2008
Looks Great!

I am not able to sync files between 3 devices because of paths...? Am I doing something wrong? Or, is this a bug?

Device: HTC Evo4g (rooted)
file: synctest.txt on root of sdcard
Dropbox path: \My Dropbox\SyncIt\data\data\jug6ernaut.net.syncit\BACKUP\sdcard\synctest.txt.tar.gz

file: angry birds settings.lua
Dropbox path: \My Dropbox\SyncIt\data\data\jug6ernaut.net.syncit\BACKUP\data\data\com.rovio.angrybirds\files\settings.lua.tar.gz

file: angry birds highscores.lua
Dropbox path: \My Dropbox\SyncIt\data\data\jug6ernaut.net.syncit\BACKUP\data\data\com.rovio.angrybirds\files\highscores.lua.tar.gz

Device: Asus Transformer Prime (rooted)
Dropbox path: \My Dropbox\SyncIt\data\data\sdcard\synctest.txt

file: angry birds settings.lua
Dropbox path: \My Dropbox\SyncIt\data\data\com.rovio.angrybirds\files\settings.lua

file: angry birds highscores.lua
Dropbox path: \My Dropbox\SyncIt\data\data\com.rovio.angrybirds\files\highscores.lua

Device: Sony Xperia Play R800x (not rooted)
Dropbox path: \My Dropbox\SyncIt\sdcard\synctest.txt

Unable to sync angry birds files because no root :(

So, problem is each device is using a unique path so no files sync between them. :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** THIS IS A BETA PROGRAM ***
    (Though it is fully function)

SyncIt is a basically a Dropbox extention, it uses the Dropbox API and your Dropbox Account to keep any specified file updated in you Dropbox as well as on any other Android devices with SyncIt installed.

What this means is say you have to have a certain game always up to date on all of your android devices? Well simply select it in SyncIt and have it installed on both devices and SyncIt will monitor that file and keep it up to date on both devices.

*** How To Use ***

Device 1 - Simply use the built in file explorer to select any file or folder(Pro) you wish to sync. They will automatically be uploaded as the files are updated. If you wish to add another device first go and long-press the given file/folder and click "Backup" for all of our files/folders listed.

Device 2-Ect - Simply login to, the files will be downloaded. Then go long press each file/folder and click "Restore". Once done for each file/folder you are ready to go. This is a one time process.

Browser Link

Market Link

attachment.php
    Ok this hopefully the last beta b4 rc. This will be a CLOSED beta, if you wish to participate install this apk http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7527752/SkeletonActivity.apk and then PM me the string it gives you. To participate you are required to give some feedback. I dont need much, just any issues you have with the app, if it works for you, how well, anything you would add/change ect. This is first come first server.