US backer here with a 512/4GB model

Search This thread

gossipninja

Feb 18, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
So I got my watch today, and it has a NA baseband and makes calls over Tmobile, but only have 512 ram and 4gb storage.

Omate said ALL North American backers would get 1gb / 8gb (I actually paid for a 1gb/4gb) so it is odd, since I didn't even think they MADE any 512/4gb NA models.

Anyone else get a 512/4 model in North America?

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
There have been a couple reports of this. Not sure you Omate feels about this but flashing the U.S. firmware may fix this. If it doesn't then somebody owes you a replacement.

If you plan to flash the stock NA 1900 firmware then use one of the guides here for flashing back to stock.

gossipninja

Feb 18, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
There have been a couple reports of this. Not sure you Omate feels about this but flashing the U.S. firmware may fix this. If it doesn't then somebody owes you a replacement.

If you plan to flash the stock NA 1900 firmware then use one of the guides here for flashing back to stock.

yeah Daniel and I have been talking in KS comments, yeah it must be a euro with US firmware.

It can only get EDGE.

Waited so long too.

jamesarm97

Mar 4, 2014
Well, I received what looks like a 1gb/4gb model but the box has a sticker with 1gb/8gb on it and I did not receive my extra charging cable (at least is shows just over 1gb memory and 4.??gb storage. I can't tell yet if I have the correct radio inside. I am about to try my iPhone sim.

So I got my watch today, and it has a NA baseband and makes calls over Tmobile, but only have 512 ram and 4gb storage.

Omate said ALL North American backers would get 1gb / 8gb (I actually paid for a 1gb/4gb) so it is odd, since I didn't even think they MADE any 512/4gb NA models.

Anyone else get a 512/4 model in North America?

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Well, the newer iPhone sim cards are smaller than the TS so I couldn't try it. Is there any way to tell if I have the right version before I go and void the warrant to install a larger memory card? I don't want to go and do anything if I have to send it back.

Well, I received what looks like a 1gb/4gb model but the box has a sticker with 1gb/8gb on it and I did not receive my extra charging cable (at least is shows just over 1gb memory and 4.??gb storage. I can't tell yet if I have the correct radio inside. I am about to try my iPhone sim.

jamesarm97

Mar 4, 2014
Ok. I have the correct version (with P1). I must have actual received the version I backed (1gb/4gb) even though they mentioned US getting the 8gb version. I am showing 1.27gb internal space and 4.91 Phone storage. Am I reading that right?

@jamesarm97

Settings/System/About/Baseband

1900 Baseband = MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V4.P1

If it is missing the "P1" then that's the 2100 baseband. HOWEVER there has already been one report of a 512/4 with the 1900 baseband out of the box.

Are you sure it's a 1/4?

hus3695

Apr 5, 2007
Milwaukee
Ok. I have the correct version (with P1). I must have actual received the version I backed (1gb/4gb) even though they mentioned US getting the 8gb version. I am showing 1.27gb internal space and 4.91 Phone storage. Am I reading that right?

I think the Omate software takes about 3.09GB that's why phone storage is about half of 8GB

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk