HTC One Battery Failed : Out-of-warranty -- Will I pay or not

Search This thread

jefbuan

Sep 22, 2010
ruh
Well , after 1 year of use my Stock HTC One got battery issue lately,while using,from fully charged down to 60-50% the phone shutdowns,I need to plug the charger back , then it just shows that it has still 10-15% juice left while charging..I factory reset it but it doesn't solve my battery issue..then after leaving it charge overnight , the moment i woke up i saw my HTC One almost torned apart due to battery bulging causing screen to bow out , then battery overheated..just lucky it didnt explode or burn while im sleeping..
Now I send to a Local HTC Care shop and they found out that im out of warranty and device origin was from other country,i bought it from non-authorized shop,and told me I need to send it abroad..I was confuse and ask them why I need to send it from that country eventhough it is a HTC Device..
Has anyone has the same issue with the warranty even if it is a manufacturing defect??will it wise for me if I will pay everything and bring back my phone to life??

View attachment 2790760
View attachment 2790761

Last edited:

ghostryder12

Jun 26, 2009
Northern California
The HTC devices are made in Asian countries and corporate is located in Tawain. So that's possibly why they suggested sending it there. First time I've heard of that battery issue so it may be wise to write HTC for their opinion. Here is their contact info. If you're not in the US, you can select another country on this Web page, right side. http://www.htc.com/us/contact/phone/

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

jefbuan

Sep 22, 2010
ruh
I guess the answer depends on where you bought it.

well the shop where i bought my device was not a authorize distrubutor..the shop imported the device then resold it..i contacted htc mea region manager and he ask my IMEI and hope he can help me..ill just wait for his reply..

Last edited:

jefbuan

Sep 22, 2010
ruh
The HTC devices are made in Asian countries and corporate is located in Tawain. So that's possibly why they suggested sending it there. First time I've heard of that battery issue so it may be wise to write HTC for their opinion. Here is their contact info. If you're not in the US, you can select another country on this Web page, right side. http://www.htc.com/us/contact/phone/

.im willing to pay all the cost if it is my fault,but the problem is with its battery being faulty after a year of use.HTC must state that the battery will be faulty for a year and it will be a customer's account for repair.since it's my first HTC device with non removable battery,,i have no idea if HTC will issue a me a free repair or battery recall with my device..

Last edited:

ghostryder12

Jun 26, 2009
Northern California
.im willing to pay all the cost if it is my fault,but the problem is with its battery being faulty after a year of use. HTC must state that the battery will be faulty for a year and it will be a customer's account for repair.since it's my first HTC device with non removable battery,,i have no idea if HTC will issue a me a free repair or battery recall with my device..

You have to get those pictures to HTC. Hopefully the rep you contacted can get things going for your repair/replacement. You are the first to experience this battery failure that I have read about. Is there an authorized AT&T store near you? If so, I'd take my phone into them to show and see if they might also have additional HTC contacts for you.

HTC needs to see your phone so they can determine what caused the failure. That appears to be a dangerous failure. You need to sit down and document exactly what was happening before the failure started because I guarantee that they will ask.

jefbuan

Sep 22, 2010
ruh

You have to get those pictures to HTC. Hopefully the rep you contacted can get things going for your repair/replacement. You are the first to experience this battery failure that I have read about. Is there an authorized AT&T store near you? If so, I'd take my phone into them to show and see if they might also have additional HTC contacts for you.

HTC needs to see your phone so they can determine what caused the failure. That appears to be a dangerous failure. You need to sit down and document exactly what was happening before the failure started because I guarantee that they will ask.

im in touch with their HTC MEA digital media agency community manager,his last message was this
Code:
Noman Ali [The Cheek]
3:14 PM (16 hours ago)

to me 
Hi Jeffrey,

I’ve asked about the device, still waiting to hear back. I represent HTC’s digital media agency, and we don’t have a direct link with their customer care center… so it takes some time to source a problem.

maybe i need to wait for months!!!