New T-mobile Visual Voicemail - Cab Install

Search This thread

WarlockW

Dec 30, 2007
Minnesota
Here is a cab for Tmobile Visual Voicemail from the new Leaked Rom.

At the moment vvm is only for blackberry 9700 and android devices. when you log into your mytmobile.com account just change the pic of ur device to a blackberry 9700 device and when you go to change services it will let you add the vvm service for free.

Then you can switch the device back to your TP2. it goes thru instantly as if you called in to make the change. i just did it and it worked!

Have Fun ..

Last edited:

torint

Jan 2, 2009
tried it i guess gotta pay for that service. didnt said i needed to go purchase it.

chrisrj28

Apr 26, 2008
Sacramento, CA
VVM is a free add on, you have to tell hint to them to add it as if you had an Android phone, otherwise Tmo CS will tell you it's not available, Im using it right now

Sik96teG

May 27, 2008
TP2 VVM

At the moment vvm is only for blackberry 9700 and android devices. when you log into your mytmobile.com account just change the pic of ur device to a blackberry 9700 or android device and when you go to change services it will let you add the vvm soc for free. then you can switch the device back to your TP2. it goes thru instantly as if you called in to make the change. i just did it and it worked.

ChosenWonn

Mar 24, 2009
Sik96teG!! Thanks for the info, I am a 'Cautious modder' so I am looking to see if anyone else has done the above and what their experiences were so far. I also would love to see a screen shot if anyone has one... :)

Thanks guys!

-Michael

WarlockW

Dec 30, 2007
Minnesota
At the moment vvm is only for blackberry 9700 and android devices. when you log into your mytmobile.com account just change the pic of ur device to a blackberry 9700 or android device and when you go to change services it will let you add the vvm soc for free. then you can switch the device back to your TP2. it goes thru instantly as if you called in to make the change. i just did it and it worked.

Great Tip - WORKS !

torint

Jan 2, 2009

doesnt work for me for some reason.

Last edited:

rouxdoo

May 24, 2009

Thanks. I just did it and it works fine after a soft reset.

Last edited:

efjay

Nov 18, 2004

Does doing this make any changes to your data plan? I currently have the $19.99 plan with a TP2 bought on ebay and want to be sure my data plan wont get switched.

zemangt

Oct 7, 2009
when I change my phone in my t-mobile to either a bb9700 or mytouch3g, and try to add visual voice mail.....the system tries to remove my 5.99 t-zones.

Has anybody with t-zones been able to add visual voice mail?

WarlockW

Dec 30, 2007
Minnesota
1. Install cab

2. Log on to My T-mobile web site

3. Change your phone to My Touch 3G

4. Then click Change Services

5. Check the box for Visual Voicemail, and click through the verification stuff.

6. Open the visual voicemail app from the phone and activate it!

DONE!!!!

Give it a try ? Hope it works for you.

Phone: T-mobile Touch Pro 2 (Sim/Security/CID Unlocked)
Carrier: T-mobile (using $5.99 T-Zones @ 3G Speeds )
Rom: EnergyRom "Leo"
Radio: 4.49.25.17

zemangt

Oct 7, 2009
WarlockW:

I cannot seem to add visual vm in my-t-mobile without it removing my t-zones?
It says that I have to add a bb/android data as well.

Last edited:

nuron

Jan 2, 2008
Seattle
Guys, don't do this. It indeed took off my 5.99 T-zones and I'm having a hell of a time adding it back. These phone reps are not allowing me to do it. Not worth the trouble. I will try switching my phone.

f1ip

Sep 19, 2007
Dallas
Does doing this make any changes to your data plan? I currently have the $19.99 plan with a TP2 bought on ebay and want to be sure my data plan wont get switched.

Switch the phone on your account to the BB9700. This will let you keep the Total Internet plan, The M3TG selection makes you change to another data plan and does not have these as selection.

tmo3.JPG

Scroll to bottom, and check this
tmo4.JPG

Just tried it and it works.

Only thing is that the CAB here I installed keeps locking up my phone after a while, using Valkyrie rom.

Last edited:

nuron

Jan 2, 2008
Seattle
Well, I went to a T-Mobile retail store to get my 5.99 T-Zones back and they had to call Customer Care. I was finally able to have it on my plan again but with a warning: don't mess up again (told them a family member changed my phone to a myTouch on the T-Mobile account website) because this is the last time they will put it back.

rouxdoo

May 24, 2009
Only thing is that the CAB here I installed keeps locking up my phone after a while, using Valkyrie rom.

My phone was locking up/lagging out because I had 5-6 voicemail messages. I deleted all but one and it started responding a little better. I think it get's bogged down easily.

f1ip

Sep 19, 2007
Dallas
it froze on mine with 1 message.
So I deleted it after playing.
Did a reset, opened the VVM, just looked at the settings. Closed the settings, the whole app closed. I reopened it.
Then after i hit the X to close it again, it turned the bottom bar whitish. I cannot click on the Start button. TF3D works fine apparently.
This happens every time.

Maverick777

May 16, 2008
Finally got this to work using a new rom. It let me delete 2 voicemails just fine, but it locked up my phone after I tried to exit the inbox.