[ROM][KANG][2012.09.16] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 Milestone XT720

Search This thread

B_e_n

Aug 16, 2010
Paris
I have the camera LED lights turn on when I charge my phone while turned off.. I think this is a cm7 thing..

Sent from my XT720 using XDA App

It think it s more a milestone mistery...
I never had my led lights on.... charging when it s on or off... (and it s the 4th time i try fjfalcon's CM7.1...)

@LM it s weird ! do you come straigt from a fresh sbf or have you install another rom first (coming from 6.3 cause me a lot of issues...).
I repeat my method step by step just to be sure:
rsdlite flash of a new sbf (no matter which but not the singapore one. I use cbw) / root and recovery (you d better install directly Mz's one) / CM7.1 update / the 3 wipes / Gapps update / and finally reboot
(I install the ext update after the first boot not sure if that can do something...)

Last edited:
Reactions: LibertyMonger

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
I never had my led lights on.... charging when it s on or off... (and it s the 4th time i try fjfalcon's CM7.1...)

@LM it s weird ! do you come straigt from a fresh sbf or have you install another rom first (coming from 6.3 cause me a lot of issues...).
rsdlite flash of a new sbf (no matter which but not the singapore one. I use cbw) / root and recovery (you d better install directly Mz's one) / CM7.1 update / the 3 wipes / Gapps update / and finally reboot
(I install the ext update after the first boot not sure if that can do something...)

Yep that's how I did it and 3 times too. whenever I flash Gapps it sends me thru a bootloop right at the first setup screen, then if I try without flashing Gapps it will boot and the middle camera light flashes on and off whenever in sleep mode. Maybe the new build will fix it for me. Or my sdcard is still messin with me. I will get it feller's don't worry about me lol. Thanks

jdx1

May 1, 2009
market

the market is always crashing this didn't happen in the alpha 10192011
How to fix this

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
I know one thing for sure and one thing I have learned is all phones are different even if they are the same. That's why for the most part different issues happen to different people. At least that's what I been seeing people say on the nexus s threads.

JiroPrinz8

Apr 20, 2011
Island city of the South
I know one thing for sure and one thing I have learned is all phones are different even if they are the same. That's why for the most part different issues happen to different people. At least that's what I been seeing people say on the nexus s threads.

You can say that again...

@BEN, don't stress too much on LM'S issues, it's usually like this amd guess what, he usually fixes it on his own.. LMAO!

brianlili

Sep 2, 2011
guangzhou

I have work out leds indicator of charging progress:) like 40% below camcorder lights up, 90% all lights up, 100% all lights shut down:)

B_e_n

Aug 16, 2010
Paris
the market is always crashing this didn't happen in the alpha 10192011
How to fix this

Try the 3.2 market (as an update) i post it a few pages before
I had an issue with gapps market it didn t find my apps at all (in my applications to make updates) so i try the 3.2 market and all my apps came back

@LM and JiroPrinz8 looooool Ok i will leave him in his ****.... :D

for the charging led issue
I m still using yesterday s version (21102011) maybe that s why i don t have this...
But it s really fast everything works smooth (sorry Mz but faster than in 6.3) so for now i make a nandroid backup (before testing the new version) and i think i will keep it for everyday use for a while (waiting for your final version fjfalcon but i think it will come up soon...)

BTW someone can give me an advice about setcpu should i keep managing my proc with it or should i use cyanogen setting instead???

@fjfalcon in your todolist you forget youtube issue (can t read any vids) and i also can t read all video with the stock player (it s better with moboplayer but there is still a lot of vids that i can t read at all like the video from the camera....)
Sorry if you fix this in the last version (i m using yesterday's...)

edit: my camera led light now when charging...... I can t understand a thing with this phone....

Last edited:

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
You can say that again...

@BEN, don't stress too much on LM'S issues, it's usually like this amd guess what, he usually fixes it on his own.. LMAO!

Well its cause I have the weird issues no one else has and I have to fix it on my own LOL. I just say don't worry about me cause every time I have An issue and I waste everyones time. I don't enjoy it a bit lmao.
Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
Hi
The wifi first work anymore.
Try to fix camera no luck with it.

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using XDA Premium App

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Darn... Still get the flashing led when sleeping with newest build. Weird. All I do is wipe all and flash and wipe all again. Nothing else. But just reporting my woes I don't think anyone can help me with my weird arse issues LOL. Maybe try to start all over again is all I can do.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

B_e_n

Aug 16, 2010
Paris
But it s working no? I have the led issue too but not always... weird but it s like the green / white wifi icon i don t care it works so smooth !
I try to run quadrant benchmark but it can t finish because of the video decoding. It cause an error it must be related to the video player not working...

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using XDA App

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
It's seems wifi stops working after a little bit after flashing went back to other cm7 until some issues are fix.

Sent from my XT720 using XDA Premium App

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
It's a beautiful thing fjfalcon! Very nice work good buddy! Restoring my app backups now, running it nice and smooth with the ICS Launcher! All's good so far except for the led flashing upon sleepy time lol. Just now got time to sit down with it and check it out but it is super-silky smooth my good man! Thanks a bunch for all your hard work and all who contribute!

***Just one thing for now, any issue with usb connection?

Last edited:

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
Make sure you clear your notifications that maybe why you have led flashing.

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using XDA Premium App

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Yea I am showing I have a voicemail but I am not using a sim card and don't have service so not sure how that would be? Is it cause from synching with google? And there is a WiFi issue, just rebooted and lost WiFi signal, says not in range?

So cleared my voicemail notification and the flashing stopped!

***And got my WiFi back just took a bit...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This rom compiled from CyanogenMod7 vanilla source, android 2.3.7 — for Milestone XT720.

Link:
    Archive

Peshovec test branch releases:
    20120123 build

Installing instructions:

Install milestone default 2.1 rom(Russian, CBW, Singapore, whatever);
    Root it with androot or superoneclickroot.
    Install last openrecovery build from Mioze7Ae.
    Download update, put it to /sdcard/openrecovery/updates and update it in openrecovery.

One man making and one man standing.. it's good... yes.
    But when team working together - that much better.
    For that we make "organization" in github, where everyone can commit his patch to source.
    So, everyone may join to our "organization" =)

https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720

Credits:
    CyanogenMod Developers,
    Quarx,Xvilka,Dexter, Mioze7Ae, Stifley, nadlabak, dateno1, j.y.daddy, easye420, mchlbenner, mediaon, peshovec, Skrilax_CZ, khalpowers, wanted, hellmonger, stlifey, Epsylon3
    People, there to many of you. Just THANK YOU for everyone who help me and who make this rom possible.
    Updater app

Here's a first attempt at an updater app. It's a port of milaq's cm4mm-updater for CM6.3 https://github.com/milaq/cm4mm-updater (which I understand is a continuation of a pre-RomManager CyanogenMod updater). At the moment, all I've done is change the default URL that the updater uses to read the available ROM list. Currently, it's probably more interesting to developers so don't get all whiny.

Some Notes:
    • Available ROMs are configured in the update_file.json file at https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720/cm4mm-updater-manifest -- the updater downloads and parses that file
    • Actual ROMs get pulled from https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720/android/downloads
    • ROMs can be marked stable ("S") or experimental ("X")...
    • The default preference is to not display experimental ROMs...
    • The only ROM currently available *is* marked experimental (it's fj's 18112011) -- so if you run this you won't see any ROMs until you manually change the preference
    • ROMs are downloaded directly into the /sdcard/OpenRecovery/updates folder
    • milaq puts cm4mmupdater.apk in prebuilt/app on CM6.3
    • There's a nice mechanism for including change logs, but I didn't do that. Look at milaq's *.json for a better example.
    New build, fixed camera recording.
    New build, new memory tweaks, new kernel tweaks, market identification fixed.. i hope.