I can not upgrade to 4.4.2 kitkat

Search This thread

marce54_32

Sep 5, 2014
hello friends tell them that I have a note 3 version n900A at & t released, but I still have the rom 4.3 and I want to update via ota I get that I have the latest version as well as via kiees, the only thing left is updated using odin but the problem is that nowhere encutro official rom kat kit and where can I get another question is if I update the version's release will come out? from already thank you very much

K-alz

Jun 7, 2013
I read your post more than 5 times trying to understand your question, but honestly couldn't. LOL

brisinger08

Mar 28, 2014
hello friends tell them that I have a note 3 version n900A at & t released, but I still have the rom 4.3 and I want to update via ota I get that I have the latest version as well as via kiees, the only thing left is updated using odin but the problem is that nowhere encutro official rom kat kit and where can I get another question is if I update the version's release will come out? from already thank you very much

Umm if what you're saying is you that you have not been able to update to kitkat via OTA or with Samsung Kies and you want to update with Odin, then uninstall Kies and then follow the instructions in this thread. The files in this thread are the latest official kitkat release...after you flash them with odin you will be on stock NC2 and any future OTA updates should work properly if you stay on stock.

If not, try rewording your question... :eek:

marce54_32

Sep 5, 2014
Umm if what you're saying is you that you have not been able to update to kitkat via OTA or with Samsung Kies and you want to update with Odin, then uninstall Kies and then follow the instructions in this thread. The files in this thread are the latest official kitkat release...after you flash them with odin you will be on stock NC2 and any future OTA updates should work properly if you stay on stock.

If not, try rewording your question... :eek:

in my note of March n900a I have at & t 4.3 and the system via ota kiees and leave me no updates 4.4.2, so I want to upgrade to 4.4.2 via odin or if anyone knows how to do to upgrade to kit kat or if I spend the rom pudene official kit kat, not if I explain well .disculpas but well I do not speak English

brisinger08

Mar 28, 2014
in my note of March n900a I have at & t 4.3 and the system via ota kiees and leave me no updates 4.4.2, so I want to upgrade to 4.4.2 via odin or if anyone knows how to do to upgrade to kit kat or if I spend the rom pudene official kit kat, not if I explain well .disculpas but well I do not speak English

ok

Download Odin here

Download NC2 (kit kat) file here

Open Odin, click on "AP", select the _HOME.tar.md5 file that just downloaded

When your phone reboots and Odin says "PASS!" the upgrade to official kit kat was successful.

Better instructions with screenshots of how to upgrade to kit kat are in this thread

Don't forget to thank @carl1961 for the install guide and @BlackRam1500 for the official kitkat files :)

Reactions: carl1961 and K-alz

marce54_32

Sep 5, 2014
ok

Download Odin here

When your phone reboots and Odin says "PASS!" the upgrade to official kit kat was successful.

Better instructions with screenshots of how to upgrade to kit kat are in this thread

Don't forget to thank @carl1961 for the install guide and @BlackRam1500 for the official kitkat files :)

thanks but my baseband is n900AUCUBMJ5 and n900AUCUCNC2 post is no problem with this?

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
You will only be able to manually update with ODIN since you are not on AT&T. So you can choose to not update.

OTA means over the air. It comes from the provider.

sjk.alienandroid

Oct 10, 2014
Please verify the source of the image file

Can you verify where you got the file N900AUCUCNC2_N900AATTCNC2_N900AUCUCNC2_HOME.tar.md5

This worked for upgrading my N900A Note III, but my concern is the source of the tar.md5 file.

The sammobile site only lists the follow for my phone which actually fails through odin (note failed when it was starting out on 4.3)
Model: SM-N900A
Model name: GALAXY Note 3
Version: Android 4.3
Changelist: 1625098
Build date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 07:17:41 +0000
Product Code: ATT
PDA: N900AUCUBMI9
CSC: N900AATTBMI9
MODEM: N900AUCUBMI9

I've been searching the depths of the internet, and your post was the first post that actually got me moving in to 4.4.2. So thanks for taking the time to post. Any validation/verification you can provide as to your source would be awesome

Thanks!

brisinger08

Mar 28, 2014
Can you verify where you got the file N900AUCUCNC2_N900AATTCNC2_N900AUCUCNC2_HOME.tar.md5

This worked for upgrading my N900A Note III, but my concern is the source of the tar.md5 file.

The sammobile site only lists the follow for my phone which actually fails through odin (note failed when it was starting out on 4.3)
Model: SM-N900A
Model name: GALAXY Note 3
Version: Android 4.3
Changelist: 1625098
Build date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 07:17:41 +0000
Product Code: ATT
PDA: N900AUCUBMI9
CSC: N900AATTBMI9
MODEM: N900AUCUBMI9

I've been searching the depths of the internet, and your post was the first post that actually got me moving in to 4.4.2. So thanks for taking the time to post. Any validation/verification you can provide as to your source would be awesome

Thanks!

There have been 3 official firmware releases since MI9 - MJ5, NB4, and the latest NC2...sammobile is clearly not up to date

The NC2 files have been used and verified by several devs let alone used by tons of us regular folks with 0 problems...the original post with the NC2 files is here have a read through the thread I think it will put your mind at ease. I think @Walter.White created the HOME file from the stock files which is more reason not to be concerned ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ok

Download Odin here