Search This thread

supercurio

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
May 31, 2010
Chambéry
spectrastudy.com
Hi :)

I wrote a little tool for my dev usage but it might be interesting for you too:

Its purpose is to repack an update zip as delivered by ASUS to a ClockworkMod recovery standard update.zip
Recovery is not replaced so you keep your custom one installed.

Usages:
Code:
/foo/repack.sh /bar/EP101_SDUPDATE.zip
Code:
/foo/repack.sh /bar/UpdateLauncher_WW_epad_user_82313.zip

TODO:
- automatic rooting [DONE]
- a few checks here and there

github.com/project-voodoo/asus_transformer_firmware_repacker

Last edited:

DevinXtreme

Apr 10, 2010
Really excited to see you developing on the Transformer. Your help with the Samsung Epic has proved to make my phone excellent. Saw your tweets about Voodoo Sound on the Transformer! Can't wait! Definitely one of my favorite devs and I hope to work with you in the near future here on the Transformer :)

GibMcFragger

Dec 23, 2010
Vancouver
Glad to see you here supercurio. I had the pleasure of running your Voodoo kernels when I had my Galaxy S. I almost miss the supercurio vs damianGTO pissing matches.......almost hahahaha.

Sent from my Rooted Transformer running Primordial v3.1

supercurio

May 31, 2010
Chambéry
spectrastudy.com
Hey guys thanks for the support :)
At first I just bought the transformer as temporary replacement in waiting for the new Galaxy Tab 10.1 or 8.9 but it seems its postponed somehow ^^
I don't know if I'll keep it long because it's an interesting device though − but also flawed in terms of graphic performance, even with 3.1.
I'm not sure Tegra 2 is powerful enough to do the job properly.

Now: updated source with automatic rooting support.
https://github.com/project-voodoo/asus_transformer_firmware_repacker/commits/master
Now I'll upload some ROMs assembled with it!

GibMcFragger

Dec 23, 2010
Vancouver
Hey guys thanks for the support :)
At first I just bought the transformer as temporary replacement in waiting for the new Galaxy Tab 10.1 or 8.9 but it seems its postponed somehow ^^
I don't know if I'll keep it long because it's an interesting device though − but also flawed in terms of graphic performance, even with 3.1.
I'm not sure Tegra 2 is powerful enough to do the job properly.

Now: updated source with automatic rooting support.
https://github.com/project-voodoo/asus_transformer_firmware_repacker/commits/master
Now I'll upload some ROMs assembled with it!

Yea. I have noticed that too. Both my Transformer and my Moto Atrix are tegra 2 powered and they are....well...disappointing as far as gfx performance.

That's ironic being Tegra is made by nVidia....a gfx company hahaha.

Sent from my Colorful Themed GladiATRIX on Bell using the XDA Premium App.

hensk

Aug 11, 2006
Skopje
I also waiting SG tab, but when i hire info that SGT 10.1 will be tegra based without SD expansion .. then I decided to pick up Transformers

I mean, if Samsung is tegra tab(rumors), what will you do then ?

Last edited:

supercurio

May 31, 2010
Chambéry
spectrastudy.com
I also waiting SG tab, but when i hire info that SGT 10.1 will be tegra based without SD expansion .. then I decided to pick up Transformers

I'll be able to port the full Voodoo sound on Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9, with all advanced functions including hardware EQ, this is where SGT surpasses the Transformer for me.
Also, WM8994 headphone amp is more powerful than WM8903 implementation in Transformer (but not by a large margin).

Also I hope Samsung browser will be better and they fixed the graphic driver issue (huge FPS loss on rotated display) but It's just hopes.

hensk

Aug 11, 2006
Skopje
10ks for answer Supercurio,
today is NY Samsung Tab`s realise day
we will see what gong to happend

Feb 13, 2007
Liezen
Great stuff - but i became an error while repacking :-(

Blob repacking..

Error in parameters. There needs to be equal partition names and partition filenames.
Building update.zip..

josteink

Feb 8, 2011
Oslo
Does this mean that the incremental OTA updates does not unroot rooted devices?

Or that the tool cannot reliably process these incremental OTA updates?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi :)

I wrote a little tool for my dev usage but it might be interesting for you too:

Its purpose is to repack an update zip as delivered by ASUS to a ClockworkMod recovery standard update.zip
    Recovery is not replaced so you keep your custom one installed.

Usages:
    Code:
    /foo/repack.sh /bar/EP101_SDUPDATE.zip
    Code:
    /foo/repack.sh /bar/UpdateLauncher_WW_epad_user_82313.zip

TODO:
    - automatic rooting [DONE]
    - a few checks here and there

github.com/project-voodoo/asus_transformer_firmware_repacker

I'll be able to port the full Voodoo sound on Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9, with all advanced functions including hardware EQ, this is where SGT surpasses the Transformer for me.
    Also, WM8994 headphone amp is more powerful than WM8903 implementation in Transformer (but not by a large margin).

Also I hope Samsung browser will be better and they fixed the graphic driver issue (huge FPS loss on rotated display) but It's just hopes.