[App] SD-Booster v 1.0.2 released

Search This thread

Vatrox

Aug 18, 2010
Warsaw
How does this app compare to "SD Speed Increase", which is well-known and has been on the market for a looooong time already...?

he4dhuNTeR

Oct 1, 2010
Lich, Germany
Erstmal großen Respekt für dein App, es funktioniert wirklich klasse :)
Die Zuwachsraten sind enorm und ich bin wirklich begeistert , vielen Dank dafür.

//For englisch users
First lot of respect for your app, it works really great:)
The increase in speed is enormous and I'm really excited, thank you for that.

carlosraf20

Feb 23, 2008
I download it and install this app and granted superuser mode , once it boots and it shows sd booster has been granted superuser it freezes....:( am glad I just made a backup 2 days a go.

im.nick.hello

May 15, 2011
Is there any chance that this app can cause data loss on the SD, what exactly does it change?

Also, how does this differ from SD speed increase? it has been on the market for a while.

Last edited:

Tann San

Feb 8, 2010
I was going to do the manual version of this as described by nickmcminn60 here but then I found the file already existed. I'm a HD2 user with HyperDroid GBX v12 installed.

The file 77sdcardspeedfix already exists in /etc/init.d and the value is set to 2048.

I ran 5 tests with SD Tools benchmark and got an average speed of:

Write - 6.6MB
Read - 19.66MB

thegios

Mar 16, 2006
Latina
I set cache to 1024 and set on boot: since then my gallery went completely crazy, still showing old folders or pics

nubcakes

Aug 5, 2010
1024 seems to be the sweet spot for me; slightly better than 768 and 2048 did nothing more

setting to 1024 brought my read/write speed from ~18/8 to ~24/10!

very nice and easy

*note: using PNY 8gb class 4

Akusari

Sep 23, 2010
www.homerchess.com
How does this app compare to "SD Speed Increase", which is well-known and has been on the market for a looooong time already...?

At a moment, with version 1.x of SD-Booster, there are no much different between these two applications. Basicly they doing the same. Well, SD-Booster doesn't use and will never use any kind of advertising (compared to other SD-Card apps) ;) As i wrote SD-Booster i didn't know about this app.

With upcoming version 2.0 of SD-Booster, coming in the next weeks, this facts will be change completely. SD-Booster 2.0 comes with a new UI and use his own intelligent technology framework to detect SD-Cards correctly for all known and future devices. SD-Booster will be smart and suggest tuned cache sizes based on the framework. There will be more options for the users. With version 2.1 a own speed test will be included as well.

However, i'm sure version 2.0 shows many features which never shown before and couldn't be realize in a shellscript.

Best,
Akusari

Last edited:

aca85

Jul 6, 2010
Instaled,and no changed :-( trief with 513,768,1024 very little dif.

W 5mb
R 9mb

After

W 6mb
R same

Class 4 card.

Tapatalk

chadwicky

Mar 21, 2009
Denver
chadwikdavis.com
what is a good value to set this app at for Samsung Vibrant, rooted.

I changed my rooted Samsung Fascinate running OTA 2.2 to 1024 as many users suggested and this gave me the best results using "SD Tools" to test. Here are my R/W Rates (MB/s):

"SD Tools" Results
Before
Write - 6.1
Read - 18.7
@768
Write - 7.1
Read - 25.8
@1024
Write - 9.1
Read - 26.0
@2048
Write - 7.1
Read - 22.2

Thank you developer! Nice app :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

i released version 1.0.2 of my SD-Booster app on the market right now.

Changelog:

This version fix a root permission bug found by Andreas and include tweaks for some devices (e.g LG Optimus Speed, Motorola Milestone).

Coming soon: New features will be released with version 2.0.

Market-Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=de.mehrmann.sdbooster
    AppBrain-Link: http://www.appbrain.com/app/sd-booster/de.mehrmann.sdbooster

App description:

SD-Booster speeds up your SD-Card (external memory-card) up to 40 times! Enjoy a new feeling of speed on your Android smartphone anytime and everywhere you are. Starting apps, listing to your favorite music or just swapping data with your PC ? Whatever you do, the SD-Booster improve your phone speed!

SD-Booster needs root permission to run, otherwhise SD-Booster can't do anything!

For experts only: App works with read_ahead_kb value

Regards
    Akusari
    Yes all it does is change your read ahead cache. You can also use this script. Place it in your system\etc\init.d folder and change permissions to rwxr-x--
    You can change the value to what ever you want by editing the ''768'' Ive found 768 to be best balance. anything above 1028 is overkill, it may speed up your Really large files but will slow down small ones and most files you want fast access to are relatively small. IE. music, pic's, text files ect. after you change values and reboot you can check to see if your changes have stuck, simply go to sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0\read ahead cache and open file as text and it will display the running value. You can also change the value directly from there and test your phones performance with each change untill you find the best for you. You will loose your settings after reboot if you just change values from here: sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read ahead cache. This is not intended to knock this cool app in no way. just trying to help ppl understand who didnt and to the people who would like this mod but dont want to have another app running in the background.
    *** You will have to remove the ".txt" extension before using this file****

At a moment, with version 1.x of SD-Booster, there are no much different between these two applications. Basicly they doing the same. Well, SD-Booster doesn't use and will never use any kind of advertising (compared to other SD-Card apps) ;) As i wrote SD-Booster i didn't know about this app.

With upcoming version 2.0 of SD-Booster, coming in the next weeks, this facts will be change completely. SD-Booster 2.0 comes with a new UI and use his own intelligent technology framework to detect SD-Cards correctly for all known and future devices. SD-Booster will be smart and suggest tuned cache sizes based on the framework. There will be more options for the users. With version 2.1 a own speed test will be included as well.

However, i'm sure version 2.0 shows many features which never shown before and couldn't be realize in a shellscript.

Best,
    Akusari
    Hi, Y am looking for a program o this caracteristics, but first y would like to know how it works.. what does it change?
    thanks..!
    Silly question, but it should work on internal sd partition? Fat format...

Yeah, does it work on internal storage devices like Nexus S?