Name of recipient in SMS delivery receipt on WM5

Search This thread

mKotek

Mar 11, 2006
Conversion for incoming SMSes

Saman,

Great job. Would it be possible to rewrite all incoming SMSes in case, it contain a number, just like a colleague above has asked?

In Poland, for Era there exists a service which reports missed calls in case you switch off the phone.
Such SMS contains date, time and phone number of the person that called and did not left the message on voice mail.

Regards,
Kotek

saman-cz

Nov 30, 2005
And how do you imagine it should look like? The incoming SMS should look an behave exatly as it is now? Same menu, same notification and grouping more into one in case of more SMSes?
Maybe i can think about such extension, but i don't promise that . If i would do it, it will be done as this DR notifications are, without grouping. And, sorry guys, there must be more insterested persons for such feature..

mKotek

Mar 11, 2006
Standard SMS rewrite

To quickly answer your question:
Is is special SMS in our case, as it comes from specific "Person" called "Kto tam?" meaning "Who's that". It says "Nieodebrane polaczenia:" ("Unanswered calls") and the number and date/time follows.

What I would expect is, it should behave exactly the same way as DR notifications work - no grouping, just lookup of any number in such SMS in Contacts and rewriting of number into more elaborate text based on rules just like in case of DRs. The only difference is, in such SMS there might be more than one number, which is not the case with DRs I suppose.

I do not know, if more users will appear, as I don't know, if there are many Polish Era subscribers on this forum or if such service is available for other networks (I would suppose so), but I can promise, I will make the solution known to my friends.

If this is not too much to ask for, I would be more than happy to test is. I suppose, adding such an option to DR notifier should not be hard (please correct me if I am wrong).

Best regards,
Kotek

baniaczek

Jul 1, 2005
Warsaw
Re: Standard SMS rewrite

mKotek said:
Is is special SMS in our case, as it comes from specific "Person" called "Kto tam?" meaning "Who's that". It says "Nieodebrane polaczenia:" ("Unanswered calls") and the number and date/time follows.

Just to clarify: "Special" means "sent by operator". From phone point of view it is typical SMS. The sender number is always number of VoiceMail.

Simplest way to know, who was calling is:
  • read this message
    tap the number [to start dial]
    answer "yes" after prompt
    read the name of the person
    stop dialing as quick as possible
Not comfortable :(

Please, please, please :)

saman-cz

Nov 30, 2005
DR fix on WM 2003 (SE)

I've tried to create version for WM2003(SE), but i've met some problems and beause i have nor WM2003 PE emulator with fake RIL neither real device, i cannot solve it..

mKotek

Mar 11, 2006
DR in different languages?

Saman,

I have checked and indeed, the DR fix does not work when used with Polish ERA ROM. Can anything be done, like providing you with content of ERA's DR SMS in order to change your solution, so it works in Polish and not only English?

Best regards,
Michal

saman-cz

Nov 30, 2005
mamaich: Changing that in notifications settings (Messaging: Delivery Receipt) doesn't help you?

Wail

Mar 22, 2006
I hope you folks can excuse my “stupidity” but how do you install this application?

ZeBoxx

Dec 29, 2005
I'm curious with regards to the number matching.. wouldn't it be entirely possible to match in reverse ?

e.g.
Code:
Contact          delivery report
06 123 456 78    +31 (612) 345678"

strip non-numerical chars
0612345678       31612345678

best match from the back:
-----------

There is, of course, chances of a false positive or multiple 'best matches' - but they would be exceedingly slim - while you remove the necessity of formatting all your numbers a specific way or having to deal with different delivery report formats.

Just a thought