austintown
Didn't see a thread like this so I thought id make one for fun lol

I'm on unnamed by raver my favorite thing is the battery life

Sent from my galaxy s 4g using XDA app

zachpozniak

Feb 13, 2012
Chicago
The rom I'm using is MIUI.

My favorite thing about it is the customization and overall UI.

I wish the ringtone, vibration, and camcorder was fixed. ]:

booboo773

May 1, 2010
Right now I'm on the latest sweet child of mine. It's very fast and smooth. Haven't had any reboots so far and I've been on it since it came out. Like the red theme a lot and have had a really good signal. Still testing battery but so far so good!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
Right now I'm on the latest sweet child of mine. It's very fast and smooth. Haven't had any reboots so far and I've been on it since it came out. Like the red theme a lot and have had a really good signal. Still testing battery but so far so good!

Network tweaks are working good to hear imma put a poll to see if anyone else if getting better signal and wifi connection :)

As for the thread I'm on Sweet Child of Mine v2 ;) running smooth love the theme haha

if you ain't first you're last :)

Fluidification

Feb 26, 2011
I still use my personal version of also style.

My favorite parts include the the and everything.

theblueprint

Mar 6, 2011
contra, ohio
MIUI was my favorite, but the lack of foursquare makes it a deal-breaker for day-to-day. Currently on ICNB; it's rock-ish, like those Chevy Truck commercials.

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
I use my slightly modified valhalla black.

I added /etc/profile with some command line aliases since I use the CLI a lot more than I used to now.

Updated superuser and some other files, my own bootanimation, my own init.d files and a few apps added on install and some more debloating of apps I don't use. It's still 99% VB though.

My favorite thing about it is the stability. Raver did some fine work with that ROM in addition to the work Whitehawk did.

Reactions: RaverX3X

hechoen

May 7, 2011
Was on VB for a long time. Then MIUI for over a month. Now using erikmm's Sweet Child Of Mine. What I like about this one is he's pulled a lot from MIUI and put it in this. Check it out and see. Plus the name is just bad ass.

adobrakic

Aug 7, 2008
MIUI. I never have to answer the phone immediately, and I always had my phone on silent anyway. Everything else is the ****.

|STRYKER|

Jan 12, 2012
I'm on the latest version of Sweet Child Of Mine and loving it!! I love MIUI but I need to have the ringtone work. I like the MIUI features that are incorporated into the Sweet Child Of Mine ROM.

RaverX3X

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2011
Cali
you know the trick to getting ringtones to work on miui load the mp3 player then hit home so it stays resident in memory ur phone will ring ;P

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VB is very stable. Some things were removed but we can help you add back whatever you need.

Camera works perfectly.

If you are new to flashing - follow first link in my signature for help. Start where applicable...

Unless you are still on Froyo and rooted - then you will need to follow guide in the second link of my signature and flash with bootloaders. You need to be on Gingerbread to flash VB.
    I use my slightly modified valhalla black.

I added /etc/profile with some command line aliases since I use the CLI a lot more than I used to now.

Updated superuser and some other files, my own bootanimation, my own init.d files and a few apps added on install and some more debloating of apps I don't use. It's still 99% VB though.

My favorite thing about it is the stability. Raver did some fine work with that ROM in addition to the work Whitehawk did.
    I like how everyone keeps saying which rom they're using, but not what their favorite thing about it is. :D
    I've tried several roms from XDA, and I gotta say the devs are amazing.

I'm using SCOMv3 right now
    Smoothness: 9/10 , im experiencing lag within the browser not really sure why. otherwise its great.
    Battery: not sure havent had it long enough
    Features: 10/10 ove MIUI stuff you put on plus custom lock screens and the radio tweak is actually really good - is it KC1?
    Theme: 7/10 not a big fan of red although a lot of you guys seem to love it :) btw i think the status bar is way too transparant which makes the toggle buttons look awkward over the home screen.
    Stability : Not sure, haven't had it long enough but so far so good

ICBINB:
    Smoothness : 9/10 probably the fastest rom i used.
    Battery: 9/10, battery life for icbinb was better for me than any other rom. used to have 50% left even after a full day of moderate use.
    Features : 7/10 I'm not a fan of stock samsung but this rom was did exactly as advertised really stable and fast.
    Stability: 10/10 dont think i ever FCed.

AOSP (airflip)
    Smoothness : 9/10 scroll lagged time to time but other wise good
    Battery : 8/10 not the ebst but certainly not the worst
    Features : 9/10 great features, and no bloats.
    Stability: 9/10 very stable almost never fced
    Theme: 8/10 i like the lock screen and stock gingerbread better than anything stock samsung offers but still wish theme was more creative.

VB:
    smoothness : 7/10 I had a lot of problems, it was either really smooth or really laggy for me.
    Battery : 9/10 probably as good as ICBINB
    Features : 9/10 i love all the ICS custom features, lock screens and DSP however the DSP caused a lot of skips.
    Theme: 10/10 love ICS look - by far the cleanest and nicest theme on any roms.
    Stability: 7/10 i kept crashing (specially using launcher pro), randomly restarting

I honestly hate MIUI despite the plethora of roms and eye candy its too much like iOS for me.

I love VB but i had a lot of stability issues can you guys recommend tweaks or radios you use with VB for better performance? I used lightning zap with vb and it bootlooped on me, i also used the vb booster which was good but did not get rid of FCs.
    The market keeps track of your paid apps and you can reinstall no problem. I always recommend fresh install of apps to prevent potential problems. Alot of apps let you back up data within the app. Look for that. Also, be sure your contacts are synchronized with your GMail account and not on your phone. I tell people to not even bother saving contacts to their phone - only GMail - especially when flashing custom ROM's.

Since you are on Froyo and rooted. Follow the guide in the second link of my signature and be sure to flash with bootloaders. That will put you on rooted stock GB with CWM. You can then go to the guide in first link in signature for help flashing a custom ROM. Just start where applicable.

VB is a good start for you. Just make sure you stick to Gingerbread based ROM's once you upgrade. We will likely have an ICS ROM fairly soon.

Here is a post with information on how to add a few things back to VB -
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25235130&postcount=201

There is also a VB Q&A thread in the Q&A forum with a lot of good information in it.

And always consider hitting thanks ;-)