JellyBean Speculation/News/Discussion Here - All others will be locked -

Search This thread

ryanshew

Oct 7, 2012
Sony Xperia XA1
Google Pixel 3 XL
Mhm I'm a little confused....
You are suggesting me to flash the RUU of the 3.16.401.8 ( the last avaible ) then do supercid without a custom recovery ( I don't even remember if this can be done ) and then made the OTA ( with stock recovery and supercid )??

No, change your cid to one that the ota is available for. Then relock and flash ruu. Then take ota.

hTConeS | SoFF | CharmAnDroiD | eleMeNtal

*INveRTeD sENsE 5 ROM+ThEmE+TwEAkS*

*CharmAnDroiD 3.0 FULL ROM UPDATE*

thanito

Jul 10, 2008
My turn: Since I have CID_203 , is there any chance that I can update through RUU and not wait the OTA(i don't see it coming anyway..)?

FYI, I am full stock (my first HTC that has not been abused with flashing every single day, because I had some hardware issues-helicoptering etc. so I wanted to be covered by warranty for sure)

light_n_roses

Oct 25, 2009
My turn: Since I have CID_203 , is there any chance that I can update through RUU and not wait the OTA(i don't see it coming anyway..)?

FYI, I am full stock (my first HTC that has not been abused with flashing every single day, because I had some hardware issues-helicoptering etc. so I wanted to be covered by warranty for sure)

there is no RUU for the 3.16.401.9 update, it's just via OTA for who it's lucky to get the update. I remember that someone when it cames out manage to flash it via ZIP ( if you are unlocked ).

khan.orak

Jun 26, 2012
Peshawar
OnePlus 9 Pro
Mhm I'm a little confused....
You are suggesting me to flash the RUU of the 3.16.401.8 ( the last avaible ) then do supercid without a custom recovery ( I don't even remember if this can be done ) and then made the OTA ( with stock recovery and supercid )??

No.

I am asking you to remove SuperCID and change it back to the original CID or some other CID with which you can use a JELLYBEAN RUU.

Just change your SUPERCID before doing anything if you can't figure out what I am saying.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

light_n_roses

Oct 25, 2009
Let me see if I'm correct, I should follow this procedure:

1) change my cid to one that get the 3.16.401.9 update with this method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26516911#post26516911

2) flash RUU of 3.16.401.8

3) Make the OTA updated 3.16.401.9

4) Restore my CID to HTC_405 ( the original one, actually I don't know if it would be possible as after flashing the RUU I won't be rooted anymore! )..

What you say??

mihaiolimpiu

Aug 29, 2009
Suceava
Let me see if I'm correct, I should follow this procedure:

1) change my cid to one that get the 3.16.401.9 update with this method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26516911#post26516911

2) flash RUU of 3.16.401.8

3) Make the OTA updated 3.16.401.9

4) Restore my CID to HTC_405 ( the original one, actually I don't know if it would be possible as after flashing the RUU I won't be rooted anymore! )..

What you say??
You know that there is a new update that fixes heartbleed? 3.16.401.10?

mihaiolimpiu

Aug 29, 2009
Suceava
I just flashed the OTA 3.16.401.10 without losing any data using the stock recovery...
The process is quite simple, just flash a stock recovery back, then flash the update manually using the stock recovery. You just need to be completely stock for this to work.
The procedure is as fallows, and it works, I've done the previous OTA just the same:
Before you start. You must be on STOCK recovery.

Steps:

A) Download the OTA, Using a file manager copy it somewhere on PC or directly on SD (ignore step C if that)
B) you must have temp root. or perm root. However you want to do it.
C) adb push OTA_Ville_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_ 3.16.401.10.zip /mnt/sdcard/
D) adb shell
E) cp OTA_Ville_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_ 3.16.401.10.zip /cache/update.zip (AS ROOT) / if cp does not work. You need busybox.
F) cd /cache/
G) mkdir recovery
G1) cd recovery
H) echo “–update_package=/cache/update.zip” > command
H2) exit from adb on the phone (just type exit and hit enter)
I) adb reboot recovery

I had to flash the update twice for it to go 100% but after all that it works as expected!

Also TWRP 2.8.3.0 seems to work great...
Note: if update doesn't start, or it just fails, use Vol Down on boot to access stock recovery and force flash the .zip file.

Last edited:

mehcoib

Feb 28, 2013
Montreal, QC
Stock recovery?

I just flashed the OTA 3.16.401.10 without losing any data using the stock recovery...
The process is quite simple, just flash a stock recovery back, then flash the update manually using the stock recovery. You just need to be completely stock for this to work.
The procedure is as fallows, and it works, I've done the previous OTA just the same:
Before you start. You must be on STOCK recovery.

Steps:

A) Download the OTA, Using a file manager copy it somewhere on PC or directly on SD (ignore step C if that)
B) you must have temp root. or perm root. However you want to do it.
C) adb push OTA_Ville_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_ 3.16.401.10.zip /mnt/sdcard/
D) adb shell
E) cp OTA_Ville_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_ 3.16.401.10.zip /cache/update.zip (AS ROOT) / if cp does not work. You need busybox.
F) cd /cache/
G) mkdir recovery
G1) cd recovery
H) echo “–update_package=/cache/update.zip” > command
H2) exit from adb on the phone (just type exit and hit enter)
I) adb reboot recovery

I had to flash the update twice for it to go 100% but after all that it works as expected!

Also TWRP 2.8.3.0 seems to work great...

How do you " just flash a stock recovery back"?

mehcoib

Feb 28, 2013
Montreal, QC
I used Flashify from market, just select recovery.img and you're done!

nice app... didn't know it. I just installed and saw there was an option for flashing zip files. Do you think I can flash my OTA zip file through this app instead of coming back to stock recovery? BTW, where did you get your stock recovery.img file?

Last edited:

mihaiolimpiu

Aug 29, 2009
Suceava
nice app... didn't know it. I just installed and saw there was an option for flashing zip files. Do you think I can flash my OTA zip file through this app instead of coming back to stock recovery? BTW, where did you get your stock recovery.img file?

There was an app here on the forum HTC One S ALL In one or something, it's included it the app... The download links were removed some while ago, but you still can find it with Google...

As flashing the zip file from TWRP or Flashify, from my understanding will not work as there is some kind of script that needs to run and only the stock recovery can process! I wasn't willing to lose my data, so I've gone the safe and already tested way!
Anyway the whole process shouldn't take more than 10 minutes, only problem I've had was that on my system I've had to flash the recovery using the command line (the toolkit program doesn't work) and starting the flash process a second time as the first time it errored out or something.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread cleaned (a bit)

OK, guys,

I clened the thread of about 50 of the most trolling/OT posts (from the last 100 posts alone). I won't go further back because of time restrictions. Please, though this thread topic is held very widely by purpose, try to at least stay within it's boundaries. I'll keep an eye on it, and if I find repeat-offenders, there will be trouble.

peace

jotha - forum moderator
    Thread Cleaned

Stop with the random off topic questions and spamming. This thread is for JB news and discussion only.​
    Some humour to ease up the tension :)
    You know,its not abouth htc update crap,its aboyth why they sux....tbh I loveD htc..but after reading THEY ARE SORRY FOR MAKING ONE X WITH HARDWARE not software bug!which cant be solved!!!!And this crap s bug with home button on our one s WITH SH IT BATTERY COMPARING to s3...i were idiot to get this one s.....my bad mistake..htc do make nice phones,but hey,whats difference when u put them in case?NONE..shame on htc..they should ask themself WHY they lost soo much money this year TOTAL FAIL ..welcome sam**** ...shame no normal phone maker......

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

U mad bro?

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app
    Why the hell all people post that no update is available?
    Post only if you have the update please.

gesendet von meinem Viper One S