[ROM] Twisted_Asanti_pre-BUILD1 ~2/23~

Search This thread

dpwhitty11

Aug 15, 2010
Houston, TX
I'm curious.... In the list of features, for the "Removed 300kb data throttle", what was taken out/added to achieve this?

I'm running the JB soak test, and while my phone gets download/upload speeds at 19mbps and 10mbps respectively, while tethering to my laptop I only get 0.6mbps down and 1.2mbps up.

I was previously running your first version of this, and my tethering speeds were the same as my phone's speeds.

Last edited:

xLoveHateLegend

Feb 3, 2011
California (SoCal)
Quick question, 'cus I haven't used this phone in a while but...

Can I update to JB from this rom? Or is there a process? Sorry, I haven't been around this forum in a while either, so apologies if this has been asked before.

Ianonymous

Aug 30, 2012
Norfolk
Having issues Flashing this rom

Ive tried to get this rom Ive Wiped and cleared everything so many times. and cleared my davik as well .... and it seems to get stuck at " Starting services " behind it states network error, No LTE CDMA networks where found " But i cant click any of that. Any help ? I cant get it to work :(

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Ive tried to get this rom Ive Wiped and cleared everything so many times. and cleared my davik as well .... and it seems to get stuck at " Starting services " behind it states network error, No LTE CDMA networks where found " But i cant click any of that. Any help ? I cant get it to work :(

Unfortunately I don't think this ROM is supported by the OP any longer....

Good luck, I posted in your other thread.

Comet1966

Apr 22, 2011
sevierville,TN
Hi, sorry for pulling up an old thread, for me it seems that only the framework isn't working(from what I can see) the data is working, just there is no statusbar. Is there anything I can do? I like what I see so far.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

I ran into this same problem, when i flashed the rom, and I found a solution. My nav and status bar were missing so I went to Rangerbry's 1% battery mod thread and flashed the stock zip for Version 77.8.14 and that restored the nav and status bar.
here's the link to that thread.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1860983

NVM, thanks to this, I fixed it! I had to reflash it and flash the Stock.zip with it, and it works fine!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Based on asanti_c-user-4.0.4-7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-14
    Trying to finish off what I know how to do on this ROM, I no longer own this phone but I will try my best to help solve any issues I may have caused lol. Hopefully someone can pick this up and do more with it than I know how to.
    Whats been done:
    • Removed Google Play Bloat like magazines, shopper, and the rest- can redownload from the market if you want them
    • Updated stock apps (possibly not on the latest versions let me know which ones aren't and I'll have them updated for the final build1)
    • build.prop tweaks
    • zipalign on boot
    • sqlite optimize on boot
    • latest 1.0.5 superSU app and binary
    • advance powermenu (thanks rangerbry)
    • 1% battery icon and toggles (thanks rangerbry)
    • few media_profile.xml edits
    • Opted framework jars and apks
    • Smooth scroll hack
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned Mx0
    • init.d enabled
    • Sped up some integers in the framework
    • Removed 300kb data throttle
    • Tweaked how it handled memory (not minfree/multitasking mods but actually how it handles memory for the better)
    • Unsecure boot.img for ADB commands (can remount and push/pull)
    • Added busybox, bash, sysro/sysrw, zipalign, and sqlite3 binaries
    • Enabled toggle in camera app to disable shutter sound (under settings in the camera app)
    • Disabled ongoing IME switcher notification

DOWNLOAD LINK

Notes:
    This is pre-build1. Build1 will probably be the last build for this ROM. I'm reaching the end of my road on what I know how to do and I don't own the phone anymore. Probably sometime tomarrow I'll upload a plain stock rooted ROM for people to mess with if they want to make their own ROM theres no point in reinventing the wheel trying to get it to flash or work properly from scratch. I encourage you to download the stock roms or even this rom and make more ROMs for this phone! I really hope I at least got the ball rolling.
    Werd, those were the good ol days. Flashing this right away. Appreciate the work in advance.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

Would you continue working on this ROM if I sent you a Photon Q free of charge?
    Sorry I meant to quote pwnyourface - the offer is extended to him if he wishes to accept it.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Heck yea man that would be awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Please PM me with your full name & address I'll send it out this week.
    Hope you guys enjoy the update:)
    key lime pie will prolly b out before we get jelly bean :( hilarious

Sent from my XT897 using xda app-developers app