Cases

Search This thread

thesparky007

Oct 15, 2008
http://cgi.ebay.com/Crystal-Soft-Ge...685869?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4cf2f5706d
i use something similar to that, its basically a silcon resin skin case and its hella durable... ive dropped the phone so many times with it on it and not a single scratch or crack....
i highly recommend it
its got the toughness of like a hard shell case but its far more flexible and is only one piece.... i really dont have much trouble typing like others seem to complain about

RocStar629

Jul 10, 2010
Marietta
www.tigerwoodcompany.com
I second the otterbox.. I have the commuter and absolutely love it. I took it off for the first time in months the other day and realized that I was so used to it that the hero felt weird without it on.. lol it is worth the price.

Sent from my HTC Hero, Android 2.3

dante042

Mar 19, 2011
I get to work with Otterbox cases, so...

In levels of ruggedness (lowest - highest):

Impact - a good quality rubber skin
Commuter - an inner layer of rubber with a thin-ish outer layer of plastic.
Defender - an inner layer of rubber with a thicker outer layer of plastic.

In terms of use, most people around my work recommend & use the commuter on their iPhones. I've heard complaints that the defender case interferes with hitting the edge of the screen. They should all come with a screen protector.

I haven't tried any of the cases personally (just makes the phone too bulky for me, but then i also have a clip attached to the backside of my phone, so I'm a bit weird :p), but my wife LOVES the commuter I got for her Samsung Moment. It has a good feel, if you ask me.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

alxrg

Nov 5, 2010
For what it's worth, I ended up getting a 5$ case with screen protector off ebay and it's been great so far.
I'm not rough on my phone so the otterbox cases were an overkill (Although their great!! I've used them before)
This one slips into my backpack no problems, plastic not too sticky so it's pocketable.
I suppose I could spend more on a case, but I don't use it much anyways.. I prefer to look and feel of a phone without case!

Bierce22

Nov 10, 2010
canton ga
the best case ive used was a ruberized shell i got from radio shack for 10$ sure it wont save your phone from a dive in a pool or a 5 story fall on your ass, but for normal drops its perfect. the case itself is very lite and not bulky at all.

JEsuzzz

Jan 15, 2011
Yes that's exactly right. I bought my otter case at best buy online because they don't have it in stores. I personally have the soft case and love it because its not as bulky as the body glove one that I used to own. Its all up to you the hard cases really protect it more of course. And when I bought my otter case it came with a screen protector. But if you really want to protect your screen buy invishield they are the best out there its quite pricy but worth it

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

Otterbox defender.
U will thank ur self one day.
Ebay has em a bit cheaper.
My job gets me a 22% discount so I got it around 35$ from) vzw store.
(I have a droidx2)
I dropped my phone out my pocket on a rainy day IMMEDIATELY AFTER buying the otterbox. But BEFORE I could put it on.
Luckily it stored short of the puddle of death.
But the body glove case I had on at the time(which was peeling back after ONE MONTH) popped off and my x2's casing got scratched and nicked all on the corners and edges. needless to say as soon as I got home I burned the body glove out of frustration and slipped on the otterbox. 10 drops later and you would never know I dropped it. The otterbox even still looks brand new.

If u don't go with otterbox then go with a Trident Kraken case.
Protect ur investment. The more scratches/drops ur phone goes thru the LESS its worth in resale. Invest in a durable casing. U wont regret it. And u EASILY get uses to the size difference quickly ;)

Hmoobphajej

Feb 22, 2012
Sacramento
Got myself a cheap otterbox defender. Well its cheap now anyways. Its awesome though, kind of thick but for me it's about the right size. My hands aren't the smallest or biggest but it fits comfortably in it. Plus it has the belt clip, hard case, and silicon sleeve. Feels pretty safe accidentally dropping it now.

Got myself a cheap otterbox defender. Well its cheap now anyways. Its awesome though, kind of thick but for me it's about the right size. My hands aren't the smallest or biggest but it fits comfortably in it. Plus it has the belt clip, hard case, and silicon sleeve. Feels pretty safe accidentally dropping it now.

don't forget, the belt clip doubles as a kick stand ;)

and ive dropped mine a few times since putting otterbox defender on it, and EVERY TIME I go "aahh awe...meh who cares, DEFENDER!" LOL...

cytherian

Oct 15, 2010
NJ
Google Pixel 5
The Otterbox Defender looked too big for me. The Impact ended up being rather bulky too, but it works reasonably well. The only problem with the Impact is that without a hard shell, it's too sticky to store your phone in a front pants pocket. The Commuter is the best option, IMHO. It's basically like a junior cousin to the Defender, with a soft rubber casing and a removable hard shell, while still maintaining a reasonably thin profile. I also like how the ports are covered. $3.99 on Amazon while supplies last.

Riff76

Feb 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Google Pixel 6
ebehagag.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: helstonrampersad

Top Liked Posts